Royal Caribbean App v1.47.0 update - loving it

Eamon

Has anyone else had a chance to check out the latest update to the RCL app on the iPhone, version 1.47.0.

I'm loving the new features.  Here is a screenshot of the update notes and the new Crown and Anchor status tracker...just one point away from Platinum 😪, will be earned on a 14-day TA on Oasis next AprilIMG_DE7E16AEB8FB-1.thumb.jpeg.5cf4c2929c61c248837dd96da5da016c.jpegIMG_7389E091EAEF-1.thumb.jpeg.074e79b3e81606bc7972f18e34989fb2.jpeg.

11 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I see it the opposite. They're bloating the app so much with all this fluff that doesn't help me with my current bookings when the area of the app that needs the most attention is for cruise prep/onboard use.

Agreed. It's becoming more of a promotional tool and less of an aid for currently booked cruises.

2 minutes ago, instaGator said:

I really don't like that they took away the guest names on the individual cruises under "upcoming cruises".  I have family members' cruises linked to mine and now I cannot see whose is whose without loading each one. 😡

Oh that will be fun for whenever my next extended family cruise is. 🙄

2 hours ago, instaGator said:

I really don't like that they took away the guest names on the individual cruises under "upcoming cruises".  I have family members' cruises linked to mine and now I cannot see whose is whose without loading each one. 😡

I can see the 4 linked cabins, with names, on my Feb Anthem cruise as well as a 2025 cruise. 

I am confused... I looked at my app and thought it did not look any different.  Then I noticed it was version 1.46.  I upgraded to version 1.47 and then took a look.  It looks the same except for now I can see my C&A status and the perks I get.  I really like being able to see that information.  There are some items for Diamond+ that I did not know I get.  I like the change.

I don’t mind the changes to the app, I just wish they would make a proper iPad version.

i guess they are heading the way of Virgin where you can only access cruise planner/checkin through their app and not their website. Apparently the Virgin app is not highly regarded though.

Time will tell.

5 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

It looks the same except for now I can see my C&A status and the perks I get.  I really like being able to see that information.  There are some items for Diamond+ that I did not know I get.  I like the change.

I think most of our complaints were about the new buttons at the bottom that let you book a cruise or watch promo videos.

I agree seeing your perks could be useful as that may help onboard. The other stuff comes off as promotional.

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I see it the opposite. They're bloating the app so much with all this fluff that doesn't help me with my current bookings when the area of the app that needs the most attention is for cruise prep/onboard use.

I can see where you're coming from, but I think Royal sees so many people relying on the app now that they don't want this "You have to go to the app for this, but the website for that" situation

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I can see where you're coming from, but I think Royal sees so many people relying on the app now that they don't want this "You have to go to the app for this, but the website for that" situation

They need to redo the app to have a current/booked cruise section and a future/unbooked cruise section instead of mashing them together. 

As I look at it now though, that new Videos icon is gone.

8 hours ago, instaGator said:

In this view, I used to be able to see the guest names for each reservation.

I am on the latest version of the app and I can still see names in upcoming cruises. Maybe try deleting and reinstalling the app to see if that fixes it for you. You can also check what version of the app you are running by clicking on your profile and scrolling to the bottom.

20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

They need to redo the app to have a current/booked cruise section and a future/unbooked cruise section instead of mashing them together. 

As I look at it now though, that new Videos icon is gone.

Yeah, mine is gone, as well- it updated, had the icon and now it's gone. And my crown and anchor area is the same as it was before, I see the level and number but none of that breakdown of each level stuff. 

13 minutes ago, KJ777 said:

I have the same issue.  I have the correct updated version, but I'm wondering if the iOS has more options.

Sounds like it. Before the last update, my iPhone showed what you're seeing, my profile. Now I get a little chart of C&A levels (which isn't exactly going to enhance my cruising, lol, but it's there).

App enhancements that they haven't done that they need:

-Add ability to manually add items to the calendar

-For the folio, show the exact time something was purchased, not just the date

-Incorporate some location/weather features into the app. They already have this on stateroom TVs and on the monitors by elevators.

-Show what time we'll be in port on those days. 

-Have the day's cruise compass PDF linked directly

-Make the chat more reliable (unless they don't do this on purpose to get more people to buy internet)

-Put the text of the captain/cruise director (more so the former than the latter) announcements in the app since half the time you can't hear what they're saying.

22 minutes ago, Cruising_Figure_Skater said:

Ah this is fantastic - thank you! Nice to be able to access the daily schedule as well for a little idea of what to expect. 

You're welcome. Some things will change of course but some info is better than no info.

Things even change on your actual sailing very late and I don't fully trust the app until embarkation day. I'm going on a last minute cruise in 2 days (we booked int like 4 weeks ago) and just yesterday the MDR menus changed. I had to scramble to make reservations for stuff to begin with since we booked it late but now I'll be trying to move a specialty restaurant reservation from one day to another onboard. Not a huge deal but I like to have things planned and settled in advance.

53 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Today’s glitch for my cruise leaving tomorrow. Where did my deck & muster station go? 🤷‍♂️🤣 They still show on my set sail pass & I knew what they were of course, just having more fun with the wonderful app.

IMG_1805.thumb.jpeg.bac9401e12b9fe382eed76f1df99aa3e.jpeg

That happened multiple times in the week or so leading up to my last cruise, lol... Also, just realized you are going on the same one as my neighbors. It's their 2nd Cruise and first with Royal...they are staying in PC today and have already texted me like 3 times asking me about boarding, what to do when they get on, how much the local city bus cost,  and since they are there all day today with  a small child, asked me about the gator\golf place. I totally forgot they booked this like 2 months ago when they were trying to book the one we were on, but it was just cutting it too close. 

9 minutes ago, ScottD said:

just realized you are going on the same one as my neighbors

Assuming we don't have to re-pack after the game tonight (obviously I expected the series to end last night), we'll be wearing Phillies t-shirts during the day on FRI/SAT. Not exactly a ton of Philly fans on any one random cruise from PC so maybe we'll run into each other and say hi b/c of that, lol.

No Playmakers on Allure and we probably have some overlapping plans since it's only a 5-nighter so no idea how much of the games we'll get to see or where. Just let them win tonight and I can worry about the rest later.

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Assuming we don't have to re-pack after the game tonight (obviously I expected the series to end last night), we'll be wearing Phillies t-shirts during the day on FRI/SAT. Not exactly a ton of Philly fans on any one random cruise from PC so maybe we'll run into each other and say hi b/c of that, lol.

No Playmakers on Allure and we probably have some overlapping plans since it's only a 5-nighter so no idea how much of the games we'll get to see or where. Just let them win tonight and I can worry about the rest later.

They aren't super sports fans, so I don't think they'll be wearing any Phillies gear. BUT PLEASE LET THEM WIN tonight. I wasn't expecting the stress of a game 7.  Hopefully you'll get a few games to root for them on the ship. Where WOULD they show games on Allure?  Vintages? 

8 minutes ago, ScottD said:

They aren't super sports fans, so I don't think they'll be wearing any Phillies gear. BUT PLEASE LET THEM WIN tonight. I wasn't expecting the stress of a game 7.  Hopefully you'll get a few games to root for them on the ship. Where WOULD they show games on Allure?  Vintages? 

Sabor (which is what turned into Playmakers on some ships) usually has TV's. In the pub, maybe on the screens in "On Air" (without sound in those spots I'm sure).

One definite answer... the FoxSports app on my phone, lol.

We also don't always stay up or have plans very late so if ESPN Caribbean in the cabins has it I could wind up watching the last couple innings on the couch with my last couple voucher drinks. It's not Playmakers but I'll make do.