Original reservation for two guests - need to change to 1 (me) - options?

When I made my reservation there were two of us. There is now just me. How do I remove the other guest off the reservation and can I receive double points by keeping the reservation (and paying double occupancy) or is that not an option? Except for the deposits, I haven't paid anything towards the cruise. I wait until the week due.

I logged into my RC account and I don't see anywhere to adjust the guests on a reservation.

The cruise isn't until June 2024.

Thanks for your help!

Check on what the pricing will be. Changing the reservation gets the whole thing repriced at the current rate.

If the new price without the second person will be higher, you may want to just have that person be a no-show at departure. You will have to pay taxes and port fees for two at the time of payment but you'll get back those fees for the no-show.

You have to call RC (or your travel agent if you used one). To receive double points you'll have to essentially rebook the cruise, I believe, at current pricing, which may or may not be a higher rate than your original booking.

The other downside besides potentially higher fare, is that should you find someone else that wants to join as your 2nd occupant,  you would have to "rebook" again at whatever the current rate is then. Just something to consider.

37 minutes ago, KJones said:

You have to call RC (or your travel agent if you used one). To receive double points you'll have to essentially rebook the cruise, I believe, at current pricing, which may or may not be a higher rate than your original booking.

The other downside besides potentially higher fare, is that should you find someone else that wants to join as your 2nd occupant,  you would have to "rebook" again at whatever the current rate is then. Just something to consider.

Exactly this, I would let it ride just in case you find a new travel partner- it is VERY easy to change a name at any time.

I did this in January.  The second person was unable to go, so I went alone.  I did pay the extra fee for going solo, usually 1 1/2 of the total fee, but depends on your loyalty status and the cruise, etc.  Also, when you travel solo you get double points.  I had never gone solo before and did enjoy it.   

14 hours ago, Linda R said:

I did this in January.  The second person was unable to go, so I went alone.  I did pay the extra fee for going solo, usually 1 1/2 of the total fee, but depends on your loyalty status and the cruise, etc.  Also, when you travel solo you get double points.  I had never gone solo before and did enjoy it.   

There will not be double points in this scenario, since the booking was not solo at inception

10 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

There will not be double points in this scenario, since the booking was not solo at inception

Right, I figure I lose that option by riding it out and seeing if I can find a companion to then switch out the names. To rebook is an extra 1500$ - so I'll look for someone to go with me!

10 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

I got double points after changing the cruise to solo.   So, not understanding.  But I definitely did get double points.

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

The thing was you changed it. If the other pax is just a no show, you often don't get the extra points.

Yes, plus I had my TA take care of it.  So not really sure what she did.  Maybe she even canceled and rebooked?  I just know that I went solo and got double points, so was a happy camper.  

On 7/20/2023 at 4:12 PM, Linda R said:

On 7/21/2023 at 5:01 PM, Linda R said:

I got double points after changing the cruise to solo.   So, not understanding.  But I definitely did get double points.

On 7/21/2023 at 11:01 PM, Linda R said:

Yes, plus I had my TA take care of it.  So not really sure what she did.  Maybe she even canceled and rebooked?  I just know that I went solo and got double points, so was a happy camper.  

Sounds to me if you received a rate of 1-1/2 double occupancy, not only did your TA change your cruise to Solo, but you are also Diamond + with at least 340 points as that is when the 1-1/2 Solo surcharge benefit kicks in.  That just how I'm reading your statements.

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to update how this has turned out.

I called RC and told them the #2 guest was not able to go. I told him, I didn't want him to change anything yet - but needed him to verify the price difference before he changed anything. He put me on hold multiple times, kept coming back and saying he was getting help and finally took my phone number and said he would call me back. The next day in the afternoon, I received a call from another RC person who gave me a price that was more than 3000 more for me to book the room as a single than we were paying for 2 guests in the same cabin. She explained she would have to rebook at current pricing. We booked in January 2023 for June 2024....Prices have gone up significantly. 

So I decided that I will leave the reservation as is - and hope #2 guest can go after all or I find another person to travel with me or I leave it and he will be a no show. (At least I think those are my options!)

I asked about this a while back and was told this was probably going to happen by members here - and its true!

Glad it worked out for you!

Given the no show option and the ability to substitute someone at the last minute, there's really only 2 reasons to ever book a cabin for 1 person.

1. You have 340+ c&a points. At that point the single supplement is reduced

2. You want the extra c&a points that come with a single cabin. ( you won't get the extra points with a no show)

• 4 months later...

Question: So, my wife and I are supposed to go on a cruise in March, but there is a strong possibility she will be unable to go. If my wife can't go, I don't really want to go. So, can I switch my wife's name out for my brother's name so there are still two names on the reservation, but I just don't show up and am a "No show" and my brother goes by himself?

10 hours ago, McGinnis29 said:

Question: So, my wife and I are supposed to go on a cruise in March, but there is a strong possibility she will be unable to go. If my wife can't go, I don't really want to go. So, can I switch my wife's name out for my brother's name so there are still two names on the reservation, but I just don't show up and am a "No show" and my brother goes by himself?

It's my understanding that at least one person on the original reservation must go on the cruise.  I'm not sure what Royal would do in the circumstances you listed since you're still on the reservation but missed the boat. It probably depends on who, if anyone, notices.

At least one of the originally-booked passengers must remain on the booking.  This is to prevent someone from purchasing a cruise and then re-selling it for profit.

You can change out 1 name on the reservation but at least 1 of the original pax must sail...or, as @Doug_Texas suggested, simply pay the $100 PP penalty and move the booking to a different ship and/or sail date.