Wanderlust on Wonder of the Seas! (it's me again...Neesa)

Neesa

I must have missed a post somewhere. Β Was this the All Access Tour ?

Do they still take you to the crew quarters and galley/dining room /bar ? Β We had the AAT many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Β We actually did get to visit the Captains quarters but it wasn’t part of the tour. Β Dan asked the Captain a question and he ended up taking us to his quarters to provide the answer.

6 minutes ago, Neesa said:

the best seat in the house...suite sun deck over the water. This is a nice spot, just beautiful!

That's too funny. The suite sun deck was very empty the entire week we were there. However, there was one chair hog who got there who knows how early and put her stuff right where you are sitting every single morning. Some days my family was up for several hours after breakfast and barely saw her. We claimed the 2 day beds next to you.

Hope you enjoyed the drink!

Yes shout out to the teachers. I taught a learning annex class on budgeting, just two nights a week for two months, and it was honestly why I ended up on meds. I know adults are worse than children....in most cases but I couldn't be a teacher. It is a thankless, grueling job.Β  I am also super proud when children are scholars or scholar-adjacent, so congrats. @NeesaΒ daughter.

Now I might be the minority, but I always lose weight on a cruise. I definitely eat more but I am always trying to take the stairs or do the walking track.Β 

I also love the all-access pictures, it insane how much behind the scenes stuff has to take place to make the front run smoothly.Β 

Dinner at #CK again. Sorry we were engaged in the basketball game and I forgot about some pictures. The court below is growing on me. We had some great commentary during dinner. Dinner in CK is pretty empty. Our server said they are averaging only about 80 people a night.Β 

20230627_192325.jpg

20230627_185105.jpg

20230627_183731.jpg

20230627_185237.jpg

20230627_185233.jpg

20230627_190704.jpg

20230627_190708.jpg

20230627_190654.jpg

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Now I might be the minority, but I always lose weight on a cruise. I definitely eat more but I am always trying to take the stairs or do the walking track.Β 

me too!! i think my body gets in its happiest state because i’m constantly eating β€” i’d be down for every two hours worth of grazing if my means were endless β€” and i’m studiously avoiding elevators so i can take stairs and walk as much as possible.Β 

17 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Dinner in CK is pretty empty. Our server said they are averaging only about 80 people a night.Β 

Yum! One of my favourite CK menus other than Night 1. And had two of my favourites: braised beef gnocchi and grilled tofu! πŸ˜‹

Interesting how it’s been so empty. I wonder if this is just this sailing….

Good Evening, @Neesa. Β It's time to head to Mason Jar. Β Side note, avoid every dessert...and the brunch. This is your only warning. Β IΒ Β  Β cannot be held responsible for your actions.

Grab one of these:

image.thumb.jpeg.2a83de40cb29640183791cbc4c2bb99b.jpeg

....pardon the 2 other watermarks....IΒ Β Β  Β believe, from what IΒ Β  Β remember, they were from pre-sugar drink warm ups of Eagle Rare Bourbon (featured at Mason Jar).

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Interesting how it’s been so empty. I wonder if this is just this sailing….

We ate in CK all 7 nights earlier this month. It was crowded on 2 of them.

My only guess was suite guests were doing lots of specialty dining.

It wasn’t all that crowded during most happy hours in the SL either. We weren’t complaining but it was pretty strange. Aside from the drinks, the snacks were really good. I knew from the app I didn’t love the menu one night so I think I had about 20 breaded shrimp before we sat down. πŸ™ˆ

BTW, all this talk of losing weight on a cruise is craziness. πŸ€ͺ

Ice show tonight. Grabbed seats right behind Star, great spot. Hoping for a good show. Row 2 center, perfect.Β 

Why do people wear so much cologne and perfume? Soap usually works for me. I know so random...

Day 3 and the elevators or still problematic. By the time it lands anywhere even 18 its full. Wind jammer guests pile in and ride up to ride down. We try to walk down always, but sadly I need to use the elevators to get up to 18. I usually have elevator etiquette but not this time, I'm good being a rebel and breaking the rules, I'm going down to go up also.Β 

My favorite ice show, cabash and kiddo liked it but their favorite is the one with the skating ducks! Enjoy the pics.

20230627_211306.jpg

20230627_213615.jpg

20230627_215220.jpg

20230627_215221.jpg

20230627_220650.jpg

20230627_220653.jpg

20230627_220732.jpg

20230627_221134.jpg

4 hours ago, asquared17 said:

me too!! i think my body gets in its happiest state because i’m constantly eating β€” i’d be down for every two hours worth of grazing if my means were endless β€” and i’m studiously avoiding elevators so i can take stairs and walk as much as possible.Β 

Same here! It feels great to come home a little lighter!

Nachi Cocom today. Up early, going for a morning stroll to hide more ducks and maybe just grab something lite from the suite lounge offerings. Gangway down soon, we plan on leaving ship about 0830to grab a taxi the reported 15 minute ride over. We have never been before so I am excited to experience the property.

Screenshot_20230628_072336_Royal.jpg

@GilleyΒ to be honest from my end I have no idea. I just kept seeing trip report after trip report and while I liked just walking to El Cid I wanted something different. @MattΒ and @wordell1Β did trip reports that had that name in my brain, so we are trying it for no other reason but their positive experiences.Β  Pier on right el cid front of picture.

20230628_082556.jpg

i feel like the gist i got from everyone’s reviews was that nachi cocum (cocom? idk spelling?) was a little more chill than mr santos.Β 

more activities and float rentals at mr santos, more relaxing at NC.Β 

but both are rumored to be really nice πŸ’šΒ 

can’t wait to hear neesa’s thoughts and see pics!

So it is still raining cats and dogs this a.m.Β  outside. We were going to leave early but we stopped by #CK. It will clear up shortly.Β 

After a few tries at describing, because we wanted lite, we were successful (pretty much) with avocado toast.

Taxi ride over to Nachi was quite quick and cost 17.00 plus tip.

Drum roll please...we ALL agree Nachi Cocom is the perfect fit for our family. It wasn't packed so we had our choice of chair. Manuel took great care of us all day. We had mostly water, soda and maybe I had 2 rum punch... so forgive me I may have forgotten a pic or 2. It was not crowded at all. The Adventure and the Carnival Valor are here in Port as well. My ears were perked up, many going to the Sanchos place.Β 

Cozumel port very orderly, but they searched bags and tried to snake you by an inside shops, cabash led the way and got us out of there in short order. Enjoy the photos...and yes we will return to this beach day.

Β 

20230628_084457.jpg

20230628_100119.jpg

20230628_102919.jpg

20230628_103651.jpg

Our sister the Adventure from my balcony.

Oh, here is a photo of the Aqua Theater without the chairs seats and I found a duck in a crevice in a hallway. I planted one this morning in the card room and on top of a video game in the arcade. I'm staying out of central Park because it seems to be ravaged. Lots of staff in there trying to keep the plants in tact. I left a red one on a red bicycle in there but that's all. Plenty of other places to hide them, I left one in the cowboy hat on the promenade as well.

20230628_154917.jpg

20230628_092308.jpg

20230628_095322.jpg

23 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Here is the menu, you could choose an appetizer soup or salad a main and dessert. We all pretty much had nachos, salad, kiddo had tortilla soup and chicken quesadia. Lemon sorbet for dessert. We drank lots of bottled water.

Thanks! I think pre-covid it used to be all you can eat but I had already read about it being 4-courses now... I suppose I'll survive, lol. As long as the drink service was good (whether they're bringing water or cocktails). Oh, and they have to have non-Mexican food for my picky wife so no issue there.

Mr. Sanchos has more of a party vibe from what I've read... it's no more for us than you guys. As long as I get shade from my palm tree palapa and they bring drinks in a timely manner, I'm happy.

There was a smaller beach club in Costa Maya that we enjoyed but every Western itinerary I look at from PC leaves there at like 2pm so I can't see bothering.

Β 

Did I say this ship is huge? The elevators a bit tough up here? The staff is a cut above as far as our room hosts and #CK staff. The concierges have warmed and honestly they are amazing. I think I rather like their approach, keep at arms length but when invited in they are at Dudley level.Β 

The Suite Sun Deck is hot, and hardly ever crowded. Very nice staff there also.Β 

Kiddo was in the water all day, we all were. My skin is olive as I am Latina, kiddo takes after her Polish dad and is practically see through, lol. So much spf but her face still burned, we called her red panda!

We hid more ducks, found none. Played mini golf and have tucked in for some much needed sleep. This ship is so crowded, but so beautiful. I'm so glad I didn't book Icon as I like big boats.....but not this big πŸ™‚

I definitely will not travel this late into the summer again, not on purpose...unless it's the inaugural of the Utopia. I'm actually happy that's only 4 nights now.

Β 

20230628_183720.jpg

20230628_192719.jpg

20230628_185416.jpg

20230628_185421.jpg

20230628_185427.jpg

18 minutes ago, Neesa said:

kiddo takes after her Polish dad and is practically see through, lol. So much spf but her face still burned, we called her red panda!

I can relate. That’s why I’m always mentioning shade (Solarium, at a beach club, etc.) Hope it’s not too bad.

My wife got burnt on our honeymoon cruise (my 1st ever). Besides using an aloe-based gel, someone recommended vinegar as a natural remedy, which we got from the MDR. It was super romantic! 🀣

6 hours ago, Neesa said:

definitely will not travel this late into the summer again, not on purpose...unless it's the inaugural of the Utopia. I'm actually happy that's only 4 nights now.

We always sail in the height of summer because I don’t finish teaching until late June each year so I am curious on how I will find it in 3 weeks. I cannot wait to be a September/October/January cruiser one day lol

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We always sail in the height of summer because I don’t finish teaching until late June each year so I am curious on how I will find it in 3 weeks. I cannot wait to be a September/October/January cruiser one day lol

We’re used to it as I’m sure you are (although school ends in late May here b/c FL is strange & my wife can have pre-pre planning at the very end of July so school can start the 2nd week of August, ugh).

We also can’t wait to be able to cruise at other times. With her out of the classroom position last year, we snuck in a 4-nighter in October that left on a Monday she was off (forget why) & I dropped her off at work straight from the ship that Friday, lol. Not sure why, she hoards her personal & sick days. Anyway, it was very nice.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I am in the same position. Three years from now I will be September, October and early November.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

We’re used to it as I’m sure you are (although school ends in late May here b/c FL is strange & my wife can have pre-pre planning at the very end of July so school can start the 2nd week of August, ugh).

We also can’t wait to be able to cruise at other times. With her out of the classroom position last year, we snuck in a 4-nighter in October that left on a Monday she was off (forget why) & I dropped her off at work straight from the ship that Friday, lol. Not sure why, she hoards her personal & sick days. Anyway, it was very nice.

I am cashing out my sick days. I have over 200. I get 15 days a year. Last year I used only four days.

14 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I am in the same position. Three years from now I will be September, October and early November.

Jealous. My wife has a little longer ways to go.

10 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I am cashing out my sick days. I have over 200. I get 15 days a year. Last year I used only four days.

That's great!

That's what my wife has been doing (she's not at 200, think maybe 150-160 after 22 years) but FL is screwy (noticing a trend?). She has personal days and sick days that are basically the same thing but with slightly different rules. I could never fully understand it. Just yesterday she told me they changed something (shockingly in her favor) that lets her amass more days to eventually cash out.

I'm all for cashing out as much as possible but she really didn't have go straight to work from our Windjammer breakfast, lol.

19 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Jealous. My wife has a little longer ways to go.

That's great!

That's what my wife has been doing (she's not at 200, think maybe 150-160 after 22 years) but FL is screwy (noticing a trend?). She has personal days and sick days that are basically the same thing but with slightly different rules. I could never fully understand it. Just yesterday she told me they changed something (shockingly in her favor) that lets her amass more days to eventually cash out.

I'm all for cashing out as much as possible but she really didn't have go straight to work from our Windjammer breakfast, lol.

I totally understand your wife going to work after a cruise. I was able to give my Mom 75 sick days when she had chemo. I value my sick days so I can cash out and take more cruises when I retire.