Wanderlust on Wonder of the Seas! (it's me again...Neesa)

Neesa

Wanderlust~ strong urge to travel!

When: 25 June~02 July 2023

Who: Our little crew, Myself, hubby & 17 year old daughter We are D+ & earning our crystal block here, hoping they have them onboard.

Where: Western Itinerary from Port Canaveral in a Crown Loft

Driving over from Tampa the day before, booked a two bedroom accommodation at the Marriott Residents Inn right next to the Port. 

Scored a 1030hrs check in slot!

I placed a minimum RUB which was a lot for a 2 bedroom aqua suite & didn't tell Cabash/Vintage Magnet because why upset him as the ship is sold out anyway! But if you follow me you know I have a RUB problem LOL!! In the same breath Cabash is on the frugal side just talking about spending $$ makes him break out in a sweat! Work hard, play harder we only go around once that's my motto! Married 32 years now together 34 you think he would see things my way! 

We are trying to do a family theme of red, white & blue as far as garments go for a nod to Americas birthday on the 4th of July! Everyone is allowed one carry on, one backpack & purse, if it doesn't fit it's not sailing!!

@asquared17 & @Ampurp85 this one's for you! Thanks to @OCSC Mike for sharing his experience on the previous sailing (June 4) & giving me the heads up on what to expect.

We are doing the CoCo Cay Beach Club day pass, Nachi-Cocom in Cozumel (first time at this resort) chosen due to all of the positive feedback here on this site & the Easy sloth encounter in Roatan I just lazily booked through Royal & I will avoid the monkeys @Lovetocruise2002 warned me about. My daughter and I are doing the All Access Tour and Cabash will be posing his Vintage Magnet self at the Solarium maybe or suite sun deck. He was not interested in the tour, translation was not paying it for himself. 

Okay so this is the start, I am hiding ducks but the small ones this time because I only allow so much luggage. Following are some pics, 7 days to go!

43 minutes ago, Neesa said:

earning our crystal block here, hoping they have them onboard

They did for my in-laws last week (old style). Not sure if I mentioned that.

Looking forward you your report although it will make the fact that we likely can't sail again until March even harder, lol.

that’s my friend with the RU bid!!!! and the ducks!!!! 😍🥰😍

looking forward to seeing a crown loft on wonder 😍 

and hearing your thoughts on the beach club. word of advice - if you get off the ship early and don’t mind the walk, it’s infinitely easier just to legit go in a straight line from the pier to the club than take the tram. but that was J and i, being intrepid 😂 no pressure 

Great advice, I was going to look at the island map again. We are walkers, trams are a last resort. The one time we were in Labadee on our Star Class sailing our Genie brought us on the golf cart thing, I felt like a proper jerk passing everyone walking. Any and all tips and suggestions welcome!!

Whoooo @Neesa is in a CLS and blogging.

I am on Wonder in Jan, so I am soaking up all the Wonder blogs. The 2BR Aqua suite RUB is not that bad, you end up star class. 

I always walk to PDCC, you can do the whole island before a tram actually comes in most cases. I understand people who aren't as mobily-inclined that want to take it, but it's a hassle to me.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

Just received my concierge email...wow! They are on top of things, I usually start expecting it by Tuesday before sailing. 

Same exact time we got ours. They were very organized. Feel free to tell Kenny that Alan’s family from last week says hi! (Alan is my FIL & the most memorable one of our family.)

If you tell Kenny you promise to be quiet, he might invite you on the bridge tour. We kind of got yelled at by an officer for being too loud, lol, but Kenny didn’t think we did anything wrong. Good guy. Didn’t interact with Noorina much but she seemed nice as well.

Great! No need for me to blog for our sailing 4 weeks after you! Practically identical, also in a CL. 😉

I also put in a small RU bid and didn’t tell Hubby. No need to hear him gripe about it for nothing. Good luck on yours! 

Looking forward to following along! I hear that Kenny and Noorina are amazing! 

7 hours ago, Neesa said:

Wanderlust~ strong urge to travel!

When: 25 June~02 July 2023

Who: Our little crew, Myself, hubby & 17 year old daughter We D+ & earning our crystal block here, hoping they have them onboard.

Where: Western Itinerary from Port Canaveral in a Crown Loft

Driving over from Tampa the day before, booked a two bedroom accommodation at the Marriott Residents Inn right next to the Port. 

Scored a 1030hrs check in slot!

I placed a minimum RUB which was a lot for a 2 bedroom aqua suite & didn't tell Cabash/Vintage Magnet because why upset him as the ship is sold out anyway! But if you follow me you know I have a RUB problem LOL!! In the same breath Cabash is on the frugal side just talking about spending $$ makes him break out in a sweat! Work hard, play harder we only go around once that's my motto! Married 32 years now together 34 you think he would see things my way! 

We are trying to do a family theme of red, white & blue as far as garments go for a nod to Americas birthday on the 4th of July! Everyone is allowed one carry on, one backpack & purse, if it doesn't fit it's not sailing!!

@asquared17 & @Ampurp85 this one's for you! Thanks to @OCSC Mike for sharing his experience on the previous sailing (June 4) & giving me the heads up on what to expect.

We are doing the CoCo Cay Beach Club day pass, Nachi-Cocom in Cozumel (first time at this resort) chosen due to all of the positive feedback here on this site & the Easy sloth encounter in Roatan I just lazily booked through Royal & I will avoid the monkeys @Lovetocruise2002 warned me about. My daughter and I are doing the All Access Tour and Cabash will be posing his Vintage Magnet self at the Solarium maybe or suite sun deck. He was not interested in the tour, translation was not paying it for himself. 

Okay so this is the start, I am hiding ducks but the small ones this time because I only allow so much luggage. Following are some pics, 7 days to go!

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Great! No need for me to blog for our sailing 4 weeks after you! Practically identical, also in a CL. 😉

I also put in a small RU bid and didn’t tell Hubby. No need to hear him gripe about it for nothing. Good luck on yours! 

Looking forward to following along! I hear that Kenny and Noorina are amazing! 

🤫 This made me chuckle out loud. I'm glad you agree, and Im not the only one who does this! Why stress them out with something that most likely won't happen. It's our little secret. I'd rather ask for forgiveness then permission 🙂

A very Happy Father's Day to all our dads in this amazing RCB community as well. We celebrate you today! Our sailing partners for life!!!!

** we did not bid on the one bedroom aqua as there are 3 of us and a teen with hair to her waist. One bathroom makes for a long 7 nights!!!!! Lotions and potions for days......

Screenshot_20230618_085835_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Neesa
Added pic

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Blasphemy, this is profane talk!!!!

We always need a @Lovetocruise2002 blog, ALWAYS!!!! You are my OG of live blogs, don't even think about it!!!!

So a couple things to share. I don't know why, but why am I so taken by this email contact, it made me feel special.

Also I started packing and realized I have blue, black and white not so much red. So tomorrow I'm going to do the unthinkable and paint my nails red. This is not my comfort zone, at all. Yikes! But it must be done. 

I'll be trying to post lots of pictures because I enjoy all your pictures. You will see repeat outfits especially from Mariner. I have go to flowy & comfy garments I like to repeat. @Pooch made me feel it's absolutely fine. I'm not shopping for new things and then hate them on the ship. So forgive this please. 

I emailed the concierge back with requested #CK reservations all week and to hopefully modify 2 shows that were wonky when booking. I secured cabash and myself for the Aqua show night one 2030hrs, I could not add my daughter so I have asked for her to be added. 

Day 3 I have 2245hrs ice show, albeit 2030hrs was there it would not allow me to book it, I need that adjusted because I'm out cold by then, I'm such a party I know. 

Finally I asked for reservations at Coco Cay Beach Club for lunch. We will see if I hear back. That's it for now.....

Oh I checked my sailing, looks completely sold out except for a junior suite on deck 6 for 2. I guess I can put away my RUB excuse list, lol. 

Screenshot_20230618_164122_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, Neesa said:

We will see if I hear back.

FYI, I e-mailed them back with our requests Saturday night not long after receiving the e-mail but didn't receive a response until Wednesday.

I got a bit impatient and concerned but they took care of everything I asked for. They just send the first e-mail so early that it seemed like it took forever for the response but had they sent it on Monday or Tuesday like I expected, it wouldn't have felt that way.

When it gets closer to your sailing, I'll mention a few names from the CK staff. The food ranged from good to excellent but it truly was the staff that made the experience there so amazing.

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

Finally I asked for reservations at Coco Cay Beach Club for lunch.

unsure what the protocol is for this with sky class but we’ve always made them ourselves at the stand upon arrival and never had an issue. HIGHLY RECOMMEND eating “indoors” as the sun BEATS DOWN even with the umbrellas on the deck area. 

4 hours ago, Neesa said:

You will see repeat outfits especially from Mariner. I have go to flowy & comfy garments I like to repeat. @Pooch made me feel it's absolutely fine. I'm not shopping for new things and then hate them on the ship. So forgive this please

uhhhh NOTHING to forgive. we all have our cruise uniforms and that is a-okay!!

12 hours ago, Neesa said:

as there are 3 of us and a teen with hair to her waist. One bathroom makes for a long 7 nights!!!!! Lotions and potions for days......

the hair for days, I SEE YOU MY FRIEND 💚 tell her we are united in this quest 😂

Hello! I'm here and I'm following, i mean of course i am! First, I'm glad you are blogging after all, after some minute coaxing, and i think it goes without saying that @Lovetocruise2002 should positively, absolutely blog as well. I've got a good 3 months yet. That's 3 months to lose 30 pounds before i blog too ... In the meantime I'm living vicariously through all of you.  Looking forward to it!

Ran to the store today for some last minute items, new toothbrushes, toothpaste, additional lotions and potions for cousin it! I started planning my clothing & I already have to much, going to change this. The exciting thing to report is the concierge Kenny already emailed me back stating my requests were taken care of. Wowza, that was lightening fast.

Dragging my feet on the red nails but I'm doing it for the greater good 🙂 Probably later today.

That's it for now, stopped the mail for next week and will mow my lawn Thursday night (yes I do it, part of my evil plan....I do the lawn, I get exercise & that's my justification for booking a suite here & there, I SAVE US MONEY by not hiring a lawn service.)

Kiddo is volunteering at the hospital today, I make sure she is keenly aware of how blessed a life she enjoys. Her packing is an ordeal, I try to do it she says "no, I'll do it" then when we are on the ship...mom, do I have any more contacts? Mom any more underwear? Mom any more....fill in the blank!

ummmmm.....adding more patches to my list, yikes! 

Screenshot_20230619_114351_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Neesa
Added pic

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

Dragging my feet on the red nails but I'm doing it for the greater good 🙂 Probably later today.

Love a theme but I am staunchly anti-red-nails too! Not fully sure why but I am thinking it stems from this evil woman in Dennis the Menace (1993) who turned me against them forever! hahaha 

Dennis-the-menace.jpg.b55d7dc8089275a79b59b7415a43b63b.jpg

Bret is way too far away to know where it's headed. Some models having it turning north and out to sea well before it gets near Florida.

Focus on more important things for now... like your nails. 🙈

I guess I have my "cruise clothes" too... the 10 t-shirts & 7 polos I grab. I've also worn the same exact "outfit" to CocoCay all 5 times I've been there in the past 13 months. 🤣

I am anti-red in general. I am always so mad when we get company picnic shirts, they are red every other year, they are literally the only red items in my wardrobe. But funny enough my grandma is from the south and she says only "service" ladies paint their fingernails red, it attracts the right type of men. 🤣😭

What's so funny about my clothing post? 🤷‍♂️

I have 2 good pairs of swim trunks and 2 rash guards to keep my pale skin from turning as red as the nails of the "service ladies." I keep wearing the same rash guard/swim trunks combo to CocoCay b/c I like it better than the other one, lol.

I switch to other one when sitting in the Solarium and occasionally using the hot tub then just use whichever is dry after that.

Packing for guys isn't rocket science (thank goodness), especially when you don't dress up beyond pants and a polo at night.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Focus on more important things for now... like your nails. 🙈

That statement made me chuckle! Your clothing post is great. Now, today was a sh!t show. 3 places before I could get my nails done, the universe was also against the red!! Long story but my appointment wasn't honored I had it scheduled for 1300hrs (always with the same girl) she took someone 15min before my appointment. I was fine until that appointment turned from a simple manicure to a gel, then the Guest hated her gel choice so now she wants it changed.....1345 I left. Now no appointment and everywhere was packed due to the Holiday people off work....finally Go big or go home, meet Ferrari Red. Striped is embarkation top and the anchors are end of the cruise (lots of room) bathing suit. Oh boy here goes, I feel feisty. Not really I actually have a headache!!

20230619_154749.jpg

20230619_155523.jpg

3 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Long story but my appointment wasn't honored I had it scheduled for 1300hrs (always with the same girl) she took someone 15min before my appointment. I was fine until that appointment turned from a simple manicure to a gel, then the Guest hated her gel choice so now she wants it changed.....1345 I left. Now no appointment and everywhere was packed due to the Holiday people off work

I hate when that happens! 🤣 The things you women go through...

Love the patriotism!

Count me as a fan of your nails. They work with your outfits!  Did you gel or dip those babies?

Red can be tricky. @Ampurp85 and her grandma say it much more euphemistically than me. I'd have gone with "hooker red." 🤣 But not all reds are hooker red ... i tend to go with very deep reds in the fall, if I'm lleaning that way.  But now, i will be forever second guessing that ... 😁 

@SweetPea I am going hard patriotic this sailing. I stopped and purchased my own gel because I didn't want any pressure making up my mind at the salon. There is a fine line between patriotic and as @Ampurp85 grandma says "hooker" red. 

I only gel albeit they try to make me dip. Dip is disgusting. I can't do it. I guess I could buy my own but the polish is easier to fix chips. All those fingers in those jars, 🤮.

I used to hate red everything. Now I love it. I am not sure what made me change my mind.

Red clothing, red shoes, red nails! But not that bright candy red. My go to red is more a darker red. Like OPI Got the Blues for Red.  Google it 😉 I have clothes, shoes, heels, and often do my nails in that shade!