Pricing of Cococay cabanas

KentNC

Seems to me everything has gone up in price!  Prices really do not fluctuate very much anymore either…with the exception of Black Friday!  BF is definitely the time to find decent deals for some things.  I have 2 South Beach cabanas reserved for our July family cruise and the price I paid (as soon as I booked last year) has never changed!   They have been sold out for quite a while now too!

Oh…the price I paid was $100 higher for each one from when I reserved them for our April 2022 cruise.

My first impression was that they were overpriced.  I've been watching them, but instead of coming down, the cabanas have been selling out! I can't blame Royal for charging what the market will bear. Even if I'm not willing to pay that much.

On my cruises, basic cabanas are going for over $1300. Exotic ones, like over the water are going for over $4000!

Prices do fluctuate, though seem to generally trend up...

Having said that, it's totally worth watching the prices after you book. The first time we booked an overwater cabana for the family (it's been more than a year), we caught a $400 price drop prior to sailing. The cruise we have booked for September I did the same thing, but this time we caught an $1100 dollar price drop (including taxes, etc.).  Just cancel and rebook - but do be aware you run the risk of not getting the rebook if people are trying to book at the same time.

Yep, if we keep purchasing them at these crazy prices, they won't budge. As @SpeedNoodles put it on the other related post, it's supply & demand.

Here's a comparison of the price of the Coco Beach Club overwater cabanas for our next two sailings... absolutely crazy!  😱

Wonder (OCT 2023 @ $1,799) and Icon (MAY 2024 @ $3,799)...

image.png.99d58c34f6758cbed00df4bba800b1ce.pngimage.png.2fe644e5c3208d39d4845d1f0ecdb8bd.png

I've actually wondered if the high prices were intended to stop them selling out too fast or to small groups of 2 or 3 vs larger groups who can justify the cost per person.

I mean, a cabana for just me and my mom at that cost is an easy and absolute no, but maybe if we had 4 other people with us, the $300/person would seem more reasonable (it doesn't though Lol)

8 hours ago, Babsy47 said:

What is odd is that the super expensive ones do not sell out.  On my last cruise a couple of weeks ago, fewer than half of the beach club cabanas were taken.  

The can sell the same 1/2 the cabanas at 2x to 3x the price and come out way ahead.  More revenue and less expense (food/beverage/labor) = good for Royal. 

They probably won’t drop prices significantly unless they need a quick influx of cash/revenue. Why mow 10 yards for $10 each when you can mow 5 yards for $20 each. It’s all business math — maximize revenue profit by spending the least amount in resources to realize the revenue. As long as there are at least 5 people willing to pay $20 to have their lawn mowed, you profit more because you will have spent less in gasoline and time for the same amount of revenue.  Same applies here, if they fill half the cabanas, and leave the other half unsold, they spend less money serving the cabanas while at the same time, increase their profit margin. 

• 4 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, helen826 said:

Yes prices are crazy -$160 for the Thrill waterpark . I dont understand why they charge different prices for Thrill waterpark admission  . Why does it matter which cruise you are on -how should that affect the price ?

Like it or not, the pricing group,  or is it a computer,  looks at the anticipated demand i.e. size and number of ships in port, the supply available and then adjusts the price. Going on a day with 1 radiance class ship will probably be cheaper than a day with 2 large ships in port.