My wish while cruising (and other places).

teddy

I think something that is happening  this weekend is that there are a lot of people who are excited to be on their first long weekend vacation in a long time.  They are excited to be on the ship. 

I really don’t think there is intent behind people stopping, just an unawareness of others. 

2 hours ago, teddy said:

Yes, I know this isn’t unique to cruising. I see it at work, too.  It just seems extremely prevalent this week. 

Please don’t stop in the middle of a busy walkway, narrow hall, or stairs to discuss plans with your group. Step to the side. 

This is often a Royal PITA on the Royal Prominade

I know this thread is probably going to get ‘administratively shut down’, but I’ll also put in my two cents. I can’t understand people who not only stop in the middle of a crowded hallway, or promenade, or sundeck (cruise related!) but then, they spread their wings! You know, the ones who put their palms on their hips with their elbows extended outwards. You know who you are!😜

Here’s mine.  

We’ve arrived at a port.  People are getting off.  This isn’t out first port on call.  People have no idea they need to have their SeaPass card out ready to be scanned.  Then they fumble through a backpack/purse/pockets/look at spouse who has all the cards…somewhere.  Meanwhile crew have been loudly announcing to have your SeaPass cards out and ready.  

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Here’s mine.  

We’ve arrived at a port.  People are getting off.  This isn’t out first port on call.  People have no idea they need to have their SeaPass card out ready to be scanned.  Then they fumble through a backpack/purse/pockets/look at spouse who has all the cards…somewhere.  Meanwhile crew have been loudly announcing to have your SeaPass cards out and ready.  

Just ask the crew to let you step around since you're capable of following instructions. Do so loudly so the offending party is OFFENDED.

I had two people in my party do several of these things. We are getting off, have your card ready. We are heading to the Windjammer, you know they need to scan your card. We are getting back on the ship, have your card ready. When shows let out they would head a few feet out and stop. Then ask me why I was walking so fast, to get out of people's way!

Ugh another thing was people getting back on the ship and walking through the detectors with bags and phones. No, don't just put the shopping bag though the detector only....put everything. I really wish people were more considerate.