Jump to content

I wish they would just cancel March!


Recommended Posts

I have a reservation for the Allure 7th of March. Really want to go, but I think they are probably going to cancel like every one else. We have picked out another cruise for May if this one does cancel.

I can’t book because the money we would use is tied up with the March trip. And of course the May cruise is higher.

Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it were me, I would just wait for Royal to cancel.  There is -0- % chance that this cruise will sail and I believe that they will make an announcement about cancelling March cruises very soon....but that's just my opinion.

If you were to cancel yourself you would receive a Future Cruise Credit (which you could then use to book your May cruise).  The FCC would be for the total amount of the CRUISE FARE ONLY and each individual person who is on the March booking would receive their own FCC.  All taxes, port fees, gratuities (if prepaid) would be refunded to the original form of payment (most likely a credit card).  

In the past, you could not use an FCC to make a new booking but that changed a little while back, so you should be able to your FCC(s) to book the May cruise once they are issued.  

Have you considered the possibility that they still, most likely, will not be sailing in May either ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is purely speculation, but I agree that March doesn't look good. I don't have a good feeling about May either, honestly.

Assume you made final payment? You can cancel and apply the FCC to May. If May is at least $500 higher (typical deposit for two), you can book now and apply FCC later once it's available.

If you're down to go on the March cruise assuming it sails and you've paid in full - sit tight and prepare to do a different vacation altogether - May might be too soon so you're just locking vacation money up on another trip with high probability of not working out. Once you cancel and take a FCC that's it, you no longer have that money as a cash option. I could be wrong, but even if they cancelled May and you paid with FCC they will refund what you paid in cash (the higher difference) and issue the rest in FCC.

Edited by sk8erguy1978
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

This is exactly why I'd just wait and decide how I want to take my refund once March is cancelled, because May is questionable as well.

Do you think this might continue till May ?

We're booked for Dec 5th 2021 on Allure.  By then we should be in the clear. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, DD474 said:

Do you think this might continue till May ?

We're booked for Dec 5th 2021 on Allure.  By then we should be in the clear. 

Just a guess, and I'm probably not alone, but yes. A few months ago my guess was June, I don't feel as confident about that either. I am with @monctonguy who has stated several times he thinks Fall, at best. I have a September cruise and I suspect it will sail, but not surprised if it's cancelled for some reason. Whether Oasis isn't ready, bribe me to reduce passengers, or ships aren't sailing yet at all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

I suspect they are waiting until after final payment dates for April sailings. Then they will cancel March and April together. That way, they have more people's money and avoid the negative publicity of TWO more sets of cancellations.

Common sense would be to cancel the entire Alaska season as I can't see the cruise lines operating there for 1 or 2 months. The excursion operators would have to tell their folks from the lower 48 to come up and help for just 1 or 2 months. However, common sense doesn't play in here, just the bottom line and that's cash. Get their cash before 90 days, and then cancel. Operate for a few more months on borrowed money. Just my (very) random thoughts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Annie kaley said:

I have a reservation for the Allure 7th of March. Really want to go, but I think they are probably going to cancel like every one else. We have picked out another cruise for May if this one does cancel.

I can’t book because the money we would use is tied up with the March trip. And of course the May cruise is higher.

Thoughts?

I have a later May cruise booked and doubt it will happen.  I will probably just pay and use L and S for next year.   And maybe rebook another one this year, but as you said they are more expensive.    I am already concerned about the Europe cruise I have in Sept.....

And Royal Caribbean seems to be the last major cruise line to extend their dates for cruising, can be frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We just payed for our March 27th on Harmony and wish they would make a decision to go / cancel. If its cancelled we have plans all set to go to Cancun to an All-inclusive w/ the kids. Just would like to get it booked earlier rather than later due to airfares.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I have a later May cruise booked and doubt it will happen.  I will probably just pay and use L and S for next year. 

I just hope that they extend the L&S calendar out past April.,...otherwise, your May cruise this year won't be eligible for L&S.  I have a few in April and may, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I just hope that they extend the L&S calendar out past April.,...otherwise, your May cruise this year won't be eligible for L&S.  I have a few in April and may, too.

Yes, am hoping it is extended.    May would probably be cancelled by April anyway.  Otherwise,  will go to plan B

I already expect the April to be cancelled.    This is all such a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Annie kaley said:

I am thinking they will cancel after the sale they have going on right now ends (3) days.

So, when they cancel are they still offering the 125% for FCC? And could I use that in May?

There is always a sale going on.  The current one will either be "extended" or a "new" one will start but there hasn't been a single day in the last few years when there wasn't a "sale".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it is a guarantee that march will be cancelled.. everyone else already has..and... april will follow also.. what upsets me is that rccl is STILL selling cruises for march! people are insane to think it will happen out of the u.s. before may/june 2021... I already moved jewel trans atlantic from mar21 to apr22 and flat cancelled the back to back with that out of barcelona apr 7th,21 .. ended up dumping 16 cruises in 2020 and 6 so far in 2021.. probably going to happen to our may5th on liberty and hope or june 15th to alaska is a go, plus the other 8 booked for later this year...this insanity has to stop soon or i am resigned to wipe off all of 2021..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Srp431 said:

We just payed for our March 27th on Harmony and wish they would make a decision to go / cancel. If its cancelled we have plans all set to go to Cancun to an All-inclusive w/ the kids. Just would like to get it booked earlier rather than later due to airfares.

what in the world made you do that?? both ncl and carnival have cancelled everything in march! rccl is always the last to put cancellations up.. we all just let rccl keep holding our money..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, livin-the-life said:

what in the world made you do that?? both ncl and carnival have cancelled everything in march! rccl is always the last to put cancellations up.. we all just let rccl keep holding our money..

Not answering for @Srp431, but if he/she had cancelled their cruise and not paid the final payment, they would have received an FCC and not a cash refund.  By making the final payment, they are assured that when the cruise is officially cancelled by Royal Caribbean, they can, if they choose, get a full cash refund to use on their Cancun all-inclusive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We used our FCC which came from last March's FOTS cruise out of SJ that was cancelled. We applied our FCC to this year's March HOTS cruise and only payed the difference. We'll apply the new FCC to next year's March springbreak cruise. We normally book non-refunded rooms, and have know for awhile that March was looking very slim for cruising.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Annie kaley said:

I have a reservation for the Allure 7th of March. Really want to go, but I think they are probably going to cancel like every one else. We have picked out another cruise for May if this one does cancel.

I can’t book because the money we would use is tied up with the March trip. And of course the May cruise is higher.

Thoughts?

I have a reservations for March 7,  I just want my money back at this point if they cancel.

I already had a cruise certificate because I canceled before they did for a cruise that we had back on April  2020. I still have to pay more money on a 5 day cruise that I know is so overpriced 

My fear is that even if they cancel they won't give me a refund and they will try to give me that credit that I'm not longer have interest in.  I would love to go back to crusing, I missed so much but it seems isn't happening and I don't want my money tied up anymore.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

This is purely speculation, but I agree that March doesn't look good. I don't have a good feeling about May either, honestly.

Assume you made final payment? You can cancel and apply the FCC to May. If May is at least $500 higher (typical deposit for two), you can book now and apply FCC later once it's available.

If you're down to go on the March cruise assuming it sails and you've paid in full - sit tight and prepare to do a different vacation altogether - May might be too soon so you're just locking vacation money up on another trip with high probability of not working out. Once you cancel and take a FCC that's it, you no longer have that money as a cash option. I could be wrong, but even if they cancelled May and you paid with FCC they will refund what you paid in cash (the higher difference) and issue the rest in FCC.

I pay my March cruise with cruise credit plus extra money. If they cancel, I really hope I can just get my cash back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Srp431 said:

We just payed for our March 27th on Harmony and wish they would make a decision to go / cancel. If its cancelled we have plans all set to go to Cancun to an All-inclusive w/ the kids. Just would like to get it booked earlier rather than later due to airfares.

We are planning exactly the same thing. We love to cruise but Cancun has been our get away since it opened. Super fun and relaxing. Of course we sill miss crusing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Kata said:

I pay my March cruise with cruise credit plus extra money. If they cancel, I really hope I can just get my cash back. 

Others are way more knowledgeable about FCC and refunds, but, I'm willing to say RCL will refund your original payment method. So, cash would have the option to receive cash back, FCC unfortunately might be another FCC. Someone will chime in if I am wrong or confirm if I am correct.

I am willing to bet my $20 dollar xmas stocking stuffer lottery scratch off winner that March is a no go. Sucks. I just asked the wife about ideas for a local summer beach trip. Might even consider a FL thing (we are NYers) in March or so, just to get out of here. Guess we will wait to see where the world is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...