Royal Caribbean Blog

Excursion refund policy

rtread

I just got all of my Cruise Planner refunds yesterday from the cruise Lifted and Shifted on May 11th.  Like an idiot, I didn't cancel the CP purchases prior to completing the L&S, so I'm sure that added to my wait time.  As an aside, I called in on July 9th to check on the status of the refund, and a very helpful customer service representative named Lacey told me she could see the system tried to process my refund on 6/1, but a computer error prevented it from processing.  Why it took me calling to find this error, 🤷‍♂️ , but she pushed the transaction through and said that it would be back on my card in 7-10 business days.  All of the funds got there in 6, so fair play there.

On 6/29/2020 at 11:22 AM, Baked Alaska said:

This is not true! BOFA 's in bed with "the enemy", namely RCCL. BOFA does NOT issue the credit, getting "the money back on your card right away". Rather, they change the statement amount due, but it still shows the disputed amount as being owed. I have disputed a little over $3k with BOFA.

You are correct! I filed a claim as well with RCCL BofA mid June and I'm waiting still for them to review the evidence I mailed.

11 minutes ago, CruisingKitty said:

You are correct! I filed a claim as well with RCCL BofA mid June and I'm waiting still for them to review the evidence I mailed.

I was able to fax in my cruise planner cancellations (showing refund back to original form of payment). Received a snail mail letter about a week later saying they've received all the info. I'm wondering if the refunds went to our New Year's lift and shift sailing (and the CP cancellation refunds wasn't even associated with that particular cruise), which is showing zero dollars per @Sharla, which she thinks is wrong. It does seem to good to be true. In the meantime, I could still receive the refunds the usual way, which would be good. If that is the case, I'll call BOFA and cancel the dispute.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2020 at 7:18 PM, crazytaxman said:

I cancelled my excursion in the cruise planner on May 18 and still have not received the refund, what should the expected timeframe be? Should I call Royal and check? I have already received a partial refund for my cruise that I cancelled on May 31, still waiting for the FCC.

I finally received my refund for my excursion purchased on my cruise planner on 7/29. It took more than 2 months but finally received my refund. Apparently, when Royal refunded my cancelled cruise, they refunded my entire amount, including the deposit, rather than give me a FCC. Can't complain. Let's hope that my cruise in April 2022 will not be cancel.