Caribbean Princess Cancelled

ebeck88

23 minutes ago, ebeck88 said:

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but thought it was interesting the reason given passengers for today's cancellation of the Caribbean Princess sailing.  Passengers received notice that it was being cancelled as they anticipated a "shortage of labor" in the Port Everglades terminal. 

Wow...very hard to believe.

I did read where 3 "greeters" in Port Everglades tested positive for NCV19.  Maybe this is causing some ripples

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I did read where 3 "greeters" in Port Everglades tested positive for NCV19.  Maybe this is causing some ripples

I heard this as well since more people were confirmed to have COVID-19 ni Miami over the weekend. I wonder what precautions are being taken at terminals in terms of cleaning and sanitizing....

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Caribbean Princess crew were tested for Corona Virus and they came back Negative which is good.. But yes 3 greeters at Ft. Lauderdale did get the virus.. I had friends get off a Holland America cruise today in Port Everglades and said they had no problems and they were off the ship quickly... So who knows why they canceled the princess sailing lol All I know is princess is having very bad luck.. I am kind of Glad I am going on Symphony which leaves out of Miami.. Even though I live closer to Port Everglades that port has always been super annoying. 

7 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

The crew all tested negative for Corona Virus and the ship docked today like it was supposed to.. I don't know why they canceled todays sailing.. 

Either way, it makes my mom feel better about canceling. She was really disappointed last week when they made the decision as they were really looking forward to the itinerary. 

10 hours ago, AGSLC5 said:

The crew all tested negative for Corona Virus and the ship docked today like it was supposed to.. I don't know why they canceled todays sailing.. 

It's my understanding that the three port workers that tested positive were all contracted with the same company.  That company was the one that serviced the portside services for Princess.  I'm assuming a lot of other workers there are quarantining because of potential exposure from those coworkers so they are right to expect a labor shortage.

Notice that the line is refunding all direct expenses AND giving a 100% future cruise credit. This is why anyone considering a self-cancellation should wait until the latest possible date to pull the trigger. Royal Caribbean may not institute the same level of remuneration, but cancellations by the company may lead to better cost recovery.

33 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

It's my understanding that the three port workers that tested positive were all contracted with the same company.  That company was the one that serviced the portside services for Princess.  I'm assuming a lot of other workers there are quarantining because of potential exposure from those coworkers so they are right to expect a labor shortage.

That makes sense.. Princess really has bad luck. 

11 minutes ago, DeadPhish said:

I think this is good princess has had nothing but problems and their core customer base is elderly