Karannk

Anthem 11 Night Southern Caribbean (Jan 27 - Feb 7, 2020): A Star Class Super Bowl

On 1/19/2020 at 12:53 PM, Karannk said:

Pre-Cruise Communication

We have been in touch with Andres via email. Generally speaking, our emails have been answered within hours -- which is pretty impressive!

We have a port arrival time of 1030AM. Andres has offered to have my parents (who are not Star class) check-in with us at the port, the only caveat being that their luggage would be delivered to our suite. No worries, since their room is right down the hall. 

We have requested that our mini-bar be stocked with: bottled water, Coke Zero/Diet Coke, bottled unsweetened/diet iced tea, hard cider, and Amstel Light. 

Our son will have a surprise birthday celebration with chocolate cake at some point during the cruise.

Disembarkation will be around 845AM, so we are planning to have our transportation meet us at 9AM. I have read online that there is no indoor place to wait after disembarkation, and since it will be early February and presumably COLD, we need to make sure that this is coordinated well. 

Most of our packing is finished. Still need to do a few last minute things. 8 days and counting! So excited! 

We have also had a wonderful pre cruise experience with Romina. It seems as though the Anthem has some great new Genies! Can’t wait for embarkment on Monday! 

Genie Switcheroo

We received an email yesterday stating that Andres will not be our genie after all. He will be “departing the ship momentarily” during our sailing, therefore has handed over official Royal Genie duties to Yen Lee.  I have heard some very good things about Yen, so I am sure that we are still in good hands. 

17 minutes ago, Karannk said:

Genie Switcheroo

We received an email yesterday stating that Andres will not be our genie after all. He will be “departing the ship momentarily” during our sailing, therefore has handed over official Royal Genie duties to Yen Lee.  I have heard some very good things about Yen, so I am sure that we are still in good hands. 

We had Yen last Feb on our Anthem B2B. She is a great Genie but she lacks anticipation. She is extremely literal.  Tell her what you want and she will get it for you but there is no spontaneity or anticipation.  She is a bit impersonal - particularly at first. I have no idea how she is with kids but I think she might do well.  She rode the North Star and bumper cars with us and seemed to have fun.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:35 PM, SwagsAF said:

We have also had a wonderful pre cruise experience with Romina. It seems as though the Anthem has some great new Genies! Can’t wait for embarkment on Monday! 

Have fun!! Please come back to let us know how everything went and with a review of Romina!! I just got her as my Genie and haven't really found any reviews of her on the ship besides that she's new.

On 1/21/2020 at 4:45 PM, Karannk said:

Genie Switcheroo

I heard she has a lot of pull on the ship. That pretty much anything you ask for gets done!

20 minutes ago, lisa6191 said:

When we had the Royal chocolate cake on Explorer, it did NOT look like that! I wonder if it is different in Coastal Kitchen?

That Royal Chocolate cake (the style of it) might be specific to Anthem’s CK. When Hubby had it in CK on Harmony and Symphony, it did not look like that either. But both times he had it on Anthem it was.

And @Jax, the Caesar salad on Anthem’s CK is very unique. Not all CK’s across the fleet make it like that. Anthem does it best. 

Stopped at the Patisserie this AM for coffee and a raisin cinnamon roll. Which was huge BTW. The fellow behind the counter reminded us that we could have our genie pick-up things for us. To which, I replied that we were still exploring the ship and it’s not a big deal to get things for ourselves. He was floored. Says that no one ever does that. Really?!?! 

7DE13E13-7F41-43E1-814D-CA4B5CEEF27F.thumb.jpeg.26728a3b2825e0d3cdb5fde7de4c3f50.jpeg

Just starting day two and already the service/experience FAR outweigh that on Disney Cruise Line concierge. Love this room (owner’s loft) much better than even the Walt Suite on Magic. Bumper cars planned today at 1030AM. Escape room at 230PM. Chops dinner at 530PM. Tonight is a “dress your best” night. The Gift after dinner. 

2 hours ago, Karannk said:

Stopped at the Patisserie this AM for coffee and a raisin cinnamon roll. Which was huge BTW. The fellow behind the counter reminded us that we could have our genie pick-up things for us. To which, I replied that we were still exploring the ship and it’s not a big deal to get things for ourselves. He was floored. Says that no one ever does that. Really?!?! 

That looks fantastic! Thank you for the photos so far! I heard the minis cheesecakes there were really good too!  Looking forward to having my kids go here to pick out their desserts themselves from the display case.

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

What IS it with Royal and raisins?!? You do not defile a cinnamon roll with failed wine grapes!!

I think I’ve figured out my genie request for November, get things made without raisins. 
perhaps I’ll say I’m triggered by the pain that grapes feel as they’re forced to be dried.