Booked by mistake

Just now, Fairlynew said:

I actually just called and cancelled.  It was very easy and took less than 5 minutes!  That will teach me to book after a glass of wine!

Don't feel bad.  I did the same thing not long ago.  It happens !  Unfortunately (for poor Michelle !) the TA took the brunt of the pain for my mistake.  Not only did I have HER book the wrong cruise, I had HER call back, cancel the wrong one and rebook the right one.  I know she secretly hates my guts but she never, ever shows it !

4 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

Long story, but I booked the wrong cruise l

This is always a fear of mine.  Every time I book something, whether it be a cruise or airfare, I have a brief moment of panic where I am not sure if I got the dates correct.  Glad you got it worked out @Fairlynew

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

This is always a fear of mine.  Every time I book something, whether it be a cruise or airfare, I have a brief moment of panic where I am not sure if I got the dates correct.  Glad you got it worked out @Fairlynew

Same feeling with show tickets or "I feel like I forgot something" or  "I think I left the stove on" . Perfectly common reactions and luckily MOST times it is just that, a feeling.

Also glad you got it worked out @Fairlynew.

20 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I constantly am rechecking air flights and the embarkation port.  Always petrified I somehow will fly into the wrong airport!!  Jane

34 minutes ago, Vlgg said:

This thread is so good!  It is nice to know that most of us worry when it comes time to push the button that we have the wrong date, time, day.  I am the same way!  I have to give myself a pep talk to finally push the send button that it will all be ok.  LOL

I do this, too !!

I booked a hotel for part of our honeymoon, but when we got there the nice lady at the desk told me no current booking for us.  Turns out I booked it for two months earlier ?.  There's money gone.  I was so mad that we left and booked a room at a different hotel.  More money gone, lol.  And my original was a wine free booking!  Looking back I wish I would've been drinking some wine so I could pass the blame.

I love you all. I constantly check and double check, especially after I did something like this.

Years ago, when my girls were little we flew into Florida to go to Disney and visit relatives. I had booked the car for the day before! Luckily, there was another car available.

i can't even blame it on a Muscato!

On 5/28/2019 at 11:15 AM, Fairlynew said:

Long story, but I booked the wrong cruise last night with a refundable deposit.  I haven't yet switched it over to my travel agent and would prefer to cancel it on my own rather than bother her.  Can i cancel it on the website?  If so, how?

Thanks.

I did that as well earlier this year too! We didn't realize that this year the kids would have different spring breaks and that time will would not work out.  I eventually found a new date and moved it to that.