On 6/5/2019 at 10:30 PM, Hbayfield said:

Hi, We had Cabana's number 11 and 12 for our cruise in May on Marner of the Seas. I was worried but it was absolutely perfect! The snorkeling in front of this area is nice though they have roped off the really good part that used to be open a few years ago. We had the drink package so our hostess kept us supplied with as many drinks as we wanted and delivered our meals right to the Cabana. It is an easy walk to the shallow water on South Beach where the over water cabanas will be soon. Food was pretty good at the Cabana but you can still walk to the Pavilion and get what you want if the options at the Cabana are not good for you. We really loved it and would highly recommend this. 

We are going in August. I called RC and asked for more information.  From what they told me they will not provide us with an option to choose a cabana number, even at the desk, you get what you get. The food selection is the same as the Chill Grill, nothing special, is this correct? The OP said they had this huge selection, but they stated it’s not an option any more. We are going for our wedding anniversary and I want something super relaxing. Do you have info since you went after opening day of the new Perfect day? TIA. 

We're on the July 8th Majesty of the Seas so I've been checking the cruise planner.  A few weeks ago, they had daybeds listed and then they went off.  Then this afternoon, daybeds & cabanas were "there" but listed as something that must be reserved once on board.  Now they are gone again.  With the closure of South Beach area (and those related cabanas), I'm guessing that pushed folks that wanted to rent those over to Chill Island, etc.  

We have some OBC to use so I was hoping to snag one once onboard, but with inventory in shorter supply, I'm guessing it won't happen.  Will just have to see I guess!

Hell, just went to CocoCay on Monday via HOTS. There are now I think 20 cabanas, the numberd layout is out of date. 1 thru 10 in “ front” staggered 11 thru 20 in “back”. ALL of the Chill  Island cabanas has a nice ocean view. We were second in line at excursion desk on 1st day to pick a cabana location, NO GO. RC assigned all the cabanas. I had walkinh issues & requested a secific spot, they would not change.  There is NOT a “ locking lid combination”, there is not a speaker, some might be available upon request. There is NOT a special menue to order lunch from. The cabana attendant  does get drinks, but not your food. I noticed lockers behind the jetski/activities desk near cabana/ bathroom/bar. The cabana did have power, 6 towels, 8 evian water bottles on ice.

12 hours ago, RTripp said:

Hell, just went to CocoCay on Monday via HOTS. There are now I think 20 cabanas, the numberd layout is out of date. 1 thru 10 in “ front” staggered 11 thru 20 in “back”. ALL of the Chill  Island cabanas has a nice ocean view. We were second in line at excursion desk on 1st day to pick a cabana location, NO GO. RC assigned all the cabanas. I had walkinh issues & requested a secific spot, they would not change.  There is NOT a “ locking lid combination”, there is not a speaker, some might be available upon request. There is NOT a special menue to order lunch from. The cabana attendant  does get drinks, but not your food. I noticed lockers behind the jetski/activities desk near cabana/ bathroom/bar. The cabana did have power, 6 towels, 8 evian water bottles on ice.

Is the eating area only for cabanas or do we use the same buffet as everyone?  I was hoping for less crowds at meal time.

1 minute ago, Jakejosa said:

Is the eating area only for cabanas or do we use the same buffet as everyone?  I was hoping for less crowds at meal time.

I have heard numerous reports that you have a menu from Snack Shack to order from and they will deliver it to you.  But if you want a real meal and not just snacks, then I think you have to go to the closest buffet place. I think this is a new thing and might take some time to get the details sorted out. At least this is what I have heard, I will for sure report on it later this year when I experience it for myself. Happy Cruising 

Hi jakejosa and sh2738   Our Chill Island Cabana did not have a special menue, we ate where and whatever everyone else did on CocoCay . Our cabana person was VERY reluctant to get us food & while we were asking, another cabana attendant walked by with sandwiches for her cabana she was attending to...we asked “well if you cant bring the food, what is that?” We tipp very well.. already they( RC)gets the 18% on drinks,  then we give cash of 10 % to 20% On TOP of, so it wasn’t that. Just some attendants want to work extra & some do not..we got the one that did not. We DID get drinks brought to us, about once an hour( not enough). So we did finally talk her into bringing us a sandwich from snack shack relaxed & then went thru the dive bombing pooping birds for a full place of fruit, fries, sandwiches used anither pkate to COVER my food & then headed back to the cabana to sit in the shade away from the birds. I am not exaggerating, i saw birds attacking plates of food people were holding. People were sitting on picknick tables that had sail type tarps as shade cover above,  but on the edges of the tarp  is where the birds sat and popped on the people below eating food.. yuck yuck yuckie..first and last cruise. RC knows this and could do better. 

Had a cabana two weeks ago.  We had #1.  Was informed that RC assigns numbers based on order of reservation.  The attendant told us we must have been the first to reserve.

There is power and a ceiling fan, a cooler with water,  towels, mats.  The attendant did bring drinks and lunch from the Snack Shack.  You can request snorkel gear and they give you two vouchers for the snorkel shack.  No speaker, no lock box.  There is a storage box to put your stuff in.

Later in the day the attendant brought us fresh fruit.

All and all a good experience, but not as good as our last in the old cabana location.  Also not sure price point is as good.

I miss the close bath rooms, the close bar and special lunch cook out.

2 hours ago, wstephensi said:

Had a cabana two weeks ago.  We had #1.  Was informed that RC assigns numbers based on order of reservation.  The attendant told us we must have been the first to reserve.

There is power and a ceiling fan, a cooler with water,  towels, mats.  The attendant did bring drinks and lunch from the Snack Shack.  You can request snorkel gear and they give you two vouchers for the snorkel shack.  No speaker, no lock box.  There is a storage box to put your stuff in.

Later in the day the attendant brought us fresh fruit.

All and all a good experience, but not as good as our last in the old cabana location.  Also not sure price point is as good.

I miss the close bath rooms, the close bar and special lunch cook out.

Thank you for this info! We go HOS 8/4 woohoo!  I like the idea of not rushing on board to reserve a specific cabana and just letting fate(or order of reservation) decide for us.  

On 6/24/2019 at 2:35 PM, RTripp said:

Hi jakejosa and sh2738   Our Chill Island Cabana did not have a special menue, we ate where and whatever everyone else did on CocoCay . Our cabana person was VERY reluctant to get us food & while we were asking, another cabana attendant walked by with sandwiches for her cabana she was attending to...we asked “well if you cant bring the food, what is that?” We tipp very well.. already they( RC)gets the 18% on drinks,  then we give cash of 10 % to 20% On TOP of, so it wasn’t that. Just some attendants want to work extra & some do not..we got the one that did not. We DID get drinks brought to us, about once an hour( not enough). So we did finally talk her into bringing us a sandwich from snack shack relaxed & then went thru the dive bombing pooping birds for a full place of fruit, fries, sandwiches used anither pkate to COVER my food & then headed back to the cabana to sit in the shade away from the birds. I am not exaggerating, i saw birds attacking plates of food people were holding. People were sitting on picknick tables that had sail type tarps as shade cover above,  but on the edges of the tarp  is where the birds sat and popped on the people below eating food.. yuck yuck yuckie..first and last cruise. RC knows this and could do better. 

Thanks for the information, this is disappointing news.

Hi jakesosa, one of many of the things we were disappointed in.  Promised (via comments/ highlights) when i bought the item...read thru this blog items were not provided or given... emailed RC proof via a photo they took 3 weeks to say..um no, we are wrong & misrepresented, that stuff is not included. I fought and got $ back since i had to go buy the items.  ++ ok finally unpacked and can add the pics. (RC could not provide them for me via email and took 2 weeks to tell me they could not??). Three person undercover sofa, Two comfy chairs, round cooler that lid lifts filled with 8 Evian iced waters, large wooden toy box flip lid/seat,  6 towels, good ceiling to keep out rain,  ceiling fan, switch for fan, an OUTLET!!! to plug in your speaker that YOU must bring and was not provided, ++the prized NEWEST COCOCAY Chill Island Cabanas numbered MAP***!! We were in #10, farthest from bathroom, from bar, from food(NO special menu, NO special food) you eat what everyone else on the Island eats. Good choices and hot food. #10 was  right next to rocks. NO issues with birds, probably because our Cabana person would not get us food. Only brought drinks about once an hour, talked her into getting us food when we saw other cabanas persons bringing. The Chill Island Cabanas are staggered so really EVERYONE had a GREAT view, just 1 to 10 were forward, the 11 to 20 were farther back, but NOT blocked view of ship . Happy cruising everyone, cabanas worth it, it rained and we stayed dry.

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

Edited by RTripp
adding photos.

Hello all, just got back from CocoCay June 2019 HOTS. Not much info on the Chill Island Cabana so here ya go:  the NEWEST MAP and of course RC added TEN more Chill Island Cabanas (the going rate 2 weeks before cruise was $1200 yes twelve HUNDRED dollars) Need I say more on why the cabanas are smaller and squished together.. All had a good view, NONE blocked each others view, staggered nicely. Included three person couch, two comfy chairs, toy box lid/seat, round cooler filled with 8 Evian iced waters & lid lifts up, in sun were 2 full chaise loungers, 2 long floattie mats, good roof that kept out the rain, ceiling fan, switch for far, and **OUTLET** NO special menu you eat what everyone else on island eats, total of EIGHT people allow and they get wrist bands so make them loose so you can switch people out. Food on island was very plentiful, good choices and hot. Cabana person came around about once an hour and brought drinks only. Had to talk her into bringing a burger, she surprise us with desert. This was Chill Island Cabana #10, farthest away from bathrooms, bar and food- right next to rocks. NO bird issues since no food brought to us and we did not feed them or let them dive bomb us for food.

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

So my family is thinking of renting a cabana. Problem is we have a group of 10 (6 adults, two teens, one 6 year old and one 3 year old). The 3 year old doesn’t “count” when renting a cabana from my limited knowledge. But that still leaves us with 9 and we don’t know how strict they are with letting an extra person in the cabana. 

Any suggestions?   I honestly don’t envision all 10 of us ever in the cabana at the same time. Just need to figure out what to do. 

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Loris said:

But that still leaves us with 9 and we don’t know how strict they are with letting an extra person in the cabana. 

You will get wristbands when you check in at the cabanas.  They will only give you as many wristbands as your cabana officially holds. 

Whether or not they will actually check to make sure everyone in the cabana area has a wristband when you visit, can't really say.  But they do have the right to enforce it and the wristbands are how they tell.

6 minutes ago, basil said:

I saw once on the website that they were going to have over the water cabanas. Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas if this is true or not?

Most definitely true.  Coming to the Coco Beach Club area in December 2019.

KRzLMfO.jpg

cywfO06.jpg

The pricing for the cabanas on my Jan 2020 sailing are going nuts on my planner. I was thinking about purchasing one then canceling once the overwater ones finally show up. Chill Islands are currently priced at $1,200!!! That's just insane, especially after seeing what you get in the pictures.  I know pricing can fluctuate but the pricing sheet i saw had overwaters listed for only slightly more than that!

On my Disney cruise the cabana was one of the highlights of the entire trip. It seems you don't get as much space or privacy, at least on the normal cabanas. It seems like a night and day difference. Anyone had both a Disney and Coco cabanas that would like to state their comparison of the 2?

I guess it's overwater or bust for me. Hopefully they don't show up at 3k or something...

We had an Oasis Lagoon Cabana June 26th.   (We were in #23).  It DID have a lockable safe.  I wish I would have taken more detailed photos of it, but I just wasn’t thinking at the time.  Our attendant came frequently, as a matter of fact every time someone was actually in the cabana they got a visit. Lol!  Anyway, there is a long couch, two chairs, a coffee table with open storage on one and and the lockable safe on the other end, the round cooler with ice and bottles of water, towels, the ceiling fan, outlets, and lounge chairs in front.  The menu they bring to order from is the Snack Shack menu, so it includes the hamburger, crispy chicken sandwich, I think fries, onion rings, cheese sticks, I believe a couple of salads, and the famous funnel cakes.  Also, our attendant brought drinks whenever asked.  There were also servers constantly walking around the pool and serving.   We did just make the short walk to the buffet for lunch.  It was extensive and yummy.  There were many gulls around the buffet eating areas, but there was also Royal staff whose job it seemed to be to keep the, at bay.  We noticed them, but were not bothered by them.  

We booked our Cabana early for $379.   It was a great deal, and as supply and demand increase, it seems clear the prices will go way up.  I loved the experience, but also don’t think it’s necessary.  There are so many chairs and umbrellas as well as numerous complimentary lockers and servers roaming around the Lagoon pool, that we’d be perfectly content not spending a dime!

CE6719E0-EA8A-4C81-B78B-AD2F58D4D3C4.jpeg

57AD237C-836D-404C-9753-9F868C18A6ED.jpeg

Has anyone stayed in a thrill waterpark cabana?  I know we can't reserve a specific one but we're spoiling ourselves with a star class cruise in December and am going to ask my Genie to hold a specific cabana for us.   We want to be near the action (4 boys with us), but not so close that it's overwhelming.   Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, DJsMrs said:

Has anyone stayed in a thrill waterpark cabana?  I know we can't reserve a specific one but we're spoiling ourselves with a star class cruise in December and am going to ask my Genie to hold a specific cabana for us.   We want to be near the action (4 boys with us), but not so close that it's overwhelming.   Thanks in advance.

At the moment, the Genie cannot get a cabana for you if it is already sold out.  They have no priority for Star Class in Coco Cay at the moment.  What you should do is purchase the cabana on your cruise planner and then when your Genie contacts you, ask for a specific number (ie. Cabana 1 or 2, etc.).  The Genies have had luck grabbing a specific cabana for you but only if they are not sold out.  So make sure you purchase on your own first.

Ugh...the Chill Island Cabanas have gotten noticeably smaller now that there is so many more of them with the restructure.  Since I won't be there till April...I am patiently waiting for the Beach Club over water to open up and move into one of those instead.....till then....I've got my Chill Island reservation set.

18 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

At the moment, the Genie cannot get a cabana for you if it is already sold out.  They have no priority for Star Class in Coco Cay at the moment.  What you should do is purchase the cabana on your cruise planner and then when your Genie contacts you, ask for a specific number (ie. Cabana 1 or 2, etc.).  The Genies have had luck grabbing a specific cabana for you but only if they are not sold out.  So make sure you purchase on your own first.

Yup - we've already bought the cabana - I just don't want to be on the receiving end of a wall of water every time someone comes down a slide 🙂

12 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Ugh...the Chill Island Cabanas have gotten noticeably smaller now that there is so many more of them with the restructure.  Since I won't be there till April...I am patiently waiting for the Beach Club over water to open up and move into one of those instead.....till then....I've got my Chill Island reservation set.

I could very well be wrong, but I believe I read that the extra cabanas as Chill Island are borrowed from South Beach. Once construction is finished there and the area opens back up (December 2019?) I would imagine those extra cabanas would migrate back over there. 

I'm sure someone else can confirm or deny this. But I hope the little bit of crowding these have is relieved when construction is done! 🙂

@Ala_Paul  what I think  @dodgestang is talking about is the actual size of the cabana.  Prior to new day the Chill cabana had an additional deck which was a step down from the main cabana.  They placed 2 loungers there.  That decking is gone now and the additional loungers are placed right out in the front of the cabana.  Some cruisers have complained about this because with the removal of that secondary decking makes it is a higher step up to the cabana.  

Even if they remove these cabanas, I highly doubt they will bring back the second tier, hence the cabana will feel smaller in size.  

I would love to do an overwater cabana, but seeing as it starts at 899 I would think you'd be lucky to get one at that price.  My guess is it will be much higher.  If I was going in a group of 8, and the cost was 1200, I probably would pay for it.  I look at it from an excursion cost aspect.  It would come out to 150 pp for 8 hrs.  That is not a very expensive excursion when you compare it to spending 75 for a 45 min jet ski.    My hubby and I are beach/water babies, so than again, I probably would still take the chill at the lower price.