tonyfsu21

Coco Cay Over Water Cabanas

So there’s apparently (8) over water cabanas at the Coco Cay Beach Club that are rumored to be built. Just out of curiosity how many families will be willing to pay the $999-$1500 fee per day to use them? I am hoping to book one for our holiday cruise end of 2019. 

13 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Just out of curiosity how many families will be willing to pay the $999-$1500 fee per day to use them?

If I could split cost with another family, I'd give it a try.

14 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

So there’s apparently (8) over water cabanas at the Coco Cay Beach Club that are rumored to be built. Just out of curiosity how many families will be willing to pay the $999-$1500 fee per day to use them? I am hoping to book one for our holiday cruise end of 2019. 

Not me.  I'm looking at the waterpark cabanas though as that includes the waterpark admission so it almost makes it a good deal.

10 minutes ago, melski94 said:

Not me.  I'm looking at the waterpark cabanas though as that includes the waterpark admission so it almost makes it a good deal.

I'd agree those look like a great value. Depends ultimately on what you're looking for in your day at CocoCay.

I paid $247 for a regular cabana for my trip to Coco Cay this weekend (fingers crossed we actually make it based on the marine forecast), and even that feels like a splurge although worth it because there are six adults and a 6 year old. That massive price tag for the over water ones is insane. 

Not me that is for sure.  I can't imagine spending that.  I give KLA points for getting the chill island cabana at 247.  I thought getting mine at 449 was a bargain and for me too that was our splurge.  I can only see doing it under 3 situations.  1 I am going on my honeymoon/anniversary/special education.  2. I am going with 3 other couples and could get it under 1K (250 a couple).  3. I have won the lottery.

I would rather take money and put it down for another cruise or a heck a long weekend land vacation where they offer that option with your room.  My friend went to Jamaica on her honeymoon (2nd marriage).  Their room had an over water balcony attached to their regular outdoor sunbathing area.  

I splurged the $400-500 for a cabana at Labadee on my up coming cruise, but that will be about my limit.

When I first saw the plans for Coco Cay, I saw the over the water cabana's and thought ohh, I'll get one of those, then I saw the anticipated price and thought, nope that is not going to happen.

I considered over the water cabanas. From when I booked, to my cruise (6/19 with Harmony) , I got sick & am/might be wheelchair bound & this would have been the only “excursion” I felt comfortable going on. But OTW cabanas will not be ready yet, so booked the Chill Island  Cabana. Want to mention that I found an **“issue” on the number of guests allowed, and have worked with RC Resolution Team and also with RC Corporate for 2 months. Resolution was not found & the excursion highlights to completing payment are still contradicting. I am mentioning this, if anyone is considering making the full payment & have friends chip in. Specifically 1)the excursion “highlights” state “room for up to 8 of your favorite people” which I took as myself plus 8=nine total. 2) the excursion “important notes” state “maximum eight guests per cabana” . 3) when you pay/complete this excursion it states “choose SIX people” . 3)RC Resolution team member Eva got back to me and stated it is “six adults and two children” will be authorized to use /be with me. We are traveling with 20 and it was difficult to pick& choose the 6/7 or 8 “ favorites”. Dissapointed that RC only offered a$25 credit for me finding the error. Hopefully other friends can stop in, but not stay. This is my first post, let me know if I should post my finding somewhere for others?

On 1/2/2019 at 10:31 AM, Matt said:

I'd agree those look like a great value. Depends ultimately on what you're looking for in your day at CocoCay.

My wife and I are going in May.....I can buy the Waterpark Cabana for $400 and we both will get the full day pass to the waterpark??  That seems like a great deal!  

Has anyone been able to book the overwater cabanas?  We have gathered up the courage but neither the CocoCay Coco Beach Club cabanas or the Overwater cabanas are showing up in our Cruise Planner.  All the other types are there.

Got it -- was hoping to book it for our Mar2020 cruise even though they're not built yet -- for now I have to figure out if we'd want to book a different cabana to guarantee we have something ...

@michellt    Personally if I saw a Chill cabana for a low price (449) I would book it just to have one on hold and than when the over water open up, cancel and purchase that.   The reason I say that is because look at how find behind schedule Perfect Day was.  I know for our cruise the chill island and Oasis cabana were sold out @ 4 months in advance.  I don't know which ship you are on, but for us we are on Adventure(passenger load @3200)  and the only ship there for the day.  If you are going on a larger ship or if 2 are docked that day they may sell out even sooner.

Also, the more people that are planned to be on the island that day, the higher the prices will be.  So even if yours is the only ship scheduled to be there right now, if another ship gets scheduled to call on CC, the prices for things like cabanas will rise significantly.

I'm sailing in Jan 2020. Last i saw they are expected to be done Dec 2019. I'll be checking daily, if one pops up I'll be getting one. I'm not expecting them to pop up until they are confirmed to be on time with the project. Price is steep but you pay extra for the over water experience.

Hi all,  we did HOTS CocoCay on Monday. First time & last time cruisers, here is our little bit we can mention for our experience. HOTS docked i think at 8am & left at 4:30, we were in our Chill Island Cabana (#10 right next to rocks & farthest away) on Cococay by 10am. Ran over to Thrill Water Park before the kids/ crowds  came, went down 3 slides & it was Noon. Our cabana attendant did not want to assist with food( i have mobility issues& worked hard to not bring a wheelchair at CocoCay), drinks she was okay with getting, but took a long time & did surprise us with deserts. Since RC could not confirm the promised combination locking lid, location of cabana, or the speaker I arranged to get $100 credit.  We dont have children & are not used to being around them. We would have paid $1200 for an OTWC if built, to have a more catered experience. Our own cabana, our own tiny slide, bar restrooms& food area near us & not trudge through the sand since mobility issues. The birds dive bombing  people eating & pooping on picknick table sitting people was beyond disgusting. There are NO clocks anywhere & we NEVER heard the ship’s horn sound, crowds went quick back to the ship NO employees,  mentioned ship departing in an hour, so if you nap, bring your own alarm. PS floating bar was an awesome time(pictured), and hammocks are by the #30 in South Beach area.

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0381.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0375.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG