twangster

2018 - A Cruise Year in Review

3 hours ago, bhageerah said:

We were there towards the end of June, if you have not been yet please do yourself a favor a go!  😁

Maybe in 2020 for Alaska. We booked 3 cruises for 2019 so not sure we can squeeze one more in. One of the cruises I booked was Mediterennean (one of my bucket lists). 

First one comes when you reach 140 cruise points, then you get another block every 70 points after that.

I'm diamond and just got my first block on Freedom in October, so if you are Diamond+ you should have at least 175 points, so you should have been given at least one block.

First cruise ever, Oasis of the Seas in April, we booked the second on Grandeur of the Seas this past December even before leaving on the first cruise.  We have become severely addicted to cruising, future booked cruises include Majesty April 2019 and Harmony Feb 2020.  Future cruises will be Alaska and Baltic.   

We had a rocky year for vacations but I went on my 4th cruise, and learned you can repeat a ship and find whole new things to do!  Bring on 2019 though....first yolo booked oasis class in March (allure) and another attempt at Europe with our first 12 day cruise in the med/Greek isles (vision and first bigger family stateroom).  Happy new year everyone!!! Jane

4 hours ago, Mljstr said:

I have 170 and will hit 175 in March and I never received as much as a plastic tiddly wink- Should I contact C&A and request it? I do have a Diamond pin which I requested.@tiny260

Email C&A.  They have a stock reply that will ask you name, address, etc.  They will ship you any crystal block that you failed to receive on board.

[email protected]rccl.com

Most notable for me was trying the Oasis class for the first time.  I think my sweet spot is going to end up something smaller, but it was a great experience.

2019 will be a year of firsts for us:

- trying a Grand Suite

- taking the kids for spring break

- flying to a port to sail on Anthem

- Panoramic room on Mariner in the fall

Really excited for this year... but my spouse was certainly taken aback when filling out the calendar and seeing 4 reserved time slots  As Matt said in the podcast, she thinks I am crazy.

11 hours ago, jagnew said:

Most notable for me was trying the Oasis class for the first time.  I think my sweet spot is going to end up something smaller, but it was a great experience

I have a feeling this will be our opinion too...I think freedom class will be the one but I can't wait to walk through Central Park!  Jane

8 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I have a feeling this will be our opinion too...I think freedom class will be the one but I can't wait to walk through Central Park!  Jane

I love Central Park.  I often book a cabin on decks 6, 7 or 8 so that I have easy access to Central Park, especially at night.  

37 minutes ago, twangster said:

I love Central Park.  I often book a cabin on decks 6, 7 or 8 so that I have easy access to Central Park, especially at night.  

I had never been on Oasis class so exciting will be sailing in October with Symphony and sure I will enjoy Central Park.

@twangster how many points are you in C&A? You maybe be the youngest ever to make to Pinnacle 😜

1 hour ago, twangster said:

That's one of the things I am most excited about for my May cruise on Allure. We have a cabin on deck 8 and I can't wait to pop over to Park Cafe for breakfast to eat on our balcony and then enjoy a nice book on my kindle on a bench in Central Park. 

9 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

That's one of the things I am most excited about for my May cruise on Allure. We have a cabin on deck 8 and I can't wait to pop over to Park Cafe for breakfast to eat on our balcony and then enjoy a nice book on my kindle on a bench in Central Park. 

When I have a balcony I go with the free breakfast from room service.  Fruit plate, some pastries.   Coffee on the balcony.  Ahhhh....,

This was and still is a challenging year for us, but we managed two cruises.  Like many here, I didn't want to leave my dogs! Then I said, Seriously??  We have quite a few booked now to look forward to but most of all it's been such a great experience being part of this great group!  And I still want @twangster to adopt me! LOL

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Not even close.   Many younger than me.  Besides, it'll be 2021 likely.  I can't repeat 2018 again.  

2018 = 15 cruises.         2019 = 14 cruises.     It is not repeat 😜

Did you get the points even though you missed one cruise? Hope ! you are because you paid for it.

My lifetime goals just a Diamond +.