When is your next Celebrity/Azamara Cruise?

BrianAlt

On 11/18/2020 at 7:58 AM, cruisellama said:

As that's >7 days, its now highly unlikely.   SO hope the B2Bs from Venice go, but thinking that's out the window too.

Was told by my TA its wasn't going as an 11 day cruise.  So unless Celeb shortens it - not legally possible for it to go at this time.  As the RCL group has cancelled through 28 Feb 21 - in my mind, an 8 March 7 day to the southern Caribbean isn't happening as a number of the ports have not announced re-opening.  Its toast!

Next ones are a B2B on Infinity mid June '21 from Venice.   Might be possible if the big "V" gets distributed fast enough.

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PaulRC said:

Tring to convince the wife to take the transpacific back from Tokyo to the US in Apr 23 but I am getting a lot of fight on this.  I think it will be pushed to Apr 2024...  Although NCL has a much better itinerary on the Tokyo --> US cruise. 

Ouch on pushback- TransPac Apr '23 - would expect  to go.  If not, we'll have an extinct cruise industry anyway.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, monorailmedic said:

Stoked!  Which staterooms are you thinking about?  

I should probably tell people about this, huh? ?

We're looking at either the Deluxe Porthole View with Verandah or Edge Stateroom with Infinite Verandah.  I figure we won't be in the cabin much so the extra $200 for the second one may be better spent elsewhere... ? 

3 hours ago, KathyC said:

Deluxe Porthole View with Verandah

My brain hurts after reading this. Isn't a porthole view a basic ocean view cabin with no verandah? Doesn't a verandah cabin always have no window / porthole and just the sliding glass door to the verandah? If it has a porthole, isn't on a deck too low to have a verandah?

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, JLMoran said:

That's... a verandah? Looks fully enclosed apart from the (admittedly large and half-open) porthole. Does it satisfy the nautical definition if not the traditional land one?

Look, @Lovetocruise2002 is a suite snob. I'm a verandah snob. ?

Not much smaller than our opening on Adventure of the Seas LOL

I don't know that I want to spend $200 more on the regular balcony for a group cruise - I don't know how much time we're spending in the cabin.

• 3 weeks later...

Edge & Apex are commanding  higher prices than the S and M class ships.  Not sure where that infinite veranda is located, but if it might have an additional window on the wall facing toward the bow or stern if its on a pushed out area.  (The Sky Suites between the Magic carpet rail on outer most bow and stern side have an additional bow or stern facing window.)  

Final payments for our B2B June Med cruises are coming up this month and have questions that can't be answered yet...

- Is there a vaccine requirement?  Does Celebrity require pre-cruise testing?   Are there restrictions on B2B cruising in Europe (is testing required after 1st cruise)?  We know the CDC requires testing prior to air travel return to  the states - will there be a line sponsored / referred test availability?  Will American require quarantine before entering Italy for embarkation?  Haven't seen Celebrity guidance on shore excursion restrictions yet - expecting to require all excursions through line - but nothing published.  

Will  be asking our TA to push final payments back as far as possible... But I'm not optimistic about getting answers to our questions.

On 3/13/2021 at 4:14 PM, Jax said:

11 night Panama Canal & S Caribbean on Celebrity Edge Retreat Dec 22, 2022. Never cruised Celebrity but loved the itinerary.  

You'll really enjoy the Retreat area on Edge.   As they're designed in, plenty of private spaces (if desired).  Really enjoyed the pool bar in the Retreat.

1 hour ago, cruisellama said:

You'll really enjoy the Retreat area on Edge.   As they're designed in, plenty of private spaces (if desired).  Really enjoyed the pool bar in the Retreat.

Yes, the Retreat private spaces are very appealing! It was the itinerary and being able to cruise over both Christmas and New Years that sold me. Plus I follow Captain Kate. ? ? Both were bucket list items. Now I am trying to figure out how star class benefits compare to retreat benefits.  I may have questions. Lol 

Its not equivalent to Star.   Star gets you the Genie and there's no Genie as part of Suite class.  There is a dedicated butler serving the "Iconic Suites" which are the top end suites actually attached to the Retreat area.   That butler might provide come similar services, but not aware if the role being operated like the Genie.  

(To clarify, all Celebrity suite classes  have Retreat access (or Michaels Club - pre Revolution upgrade.)   All suites also have access to a butler, but the higher the suite level the more dedicated the butler service.)

15 minutes ago, Jax said:

Yes, the Retreat private spaces are very appealing! It was the itinerary and being able to cruise over both Christmas and New Years that sold me. Plus I follow Captain Kate. ?? Both were bucket list items. Now I am trying to figure out how star class benefits compare to retreat benefits.  I may have questions. Lol 

The glaring difference is the Genie that comes with Star.  Beyond that The Retreat offers a lot more than Star as it relates to dedicated areas for Retreat guests.  The Suite restaurant on X is more appealing to me compared to Coastal Kitchen but Star does come with the Ultimate Dining package so full access to all specialty restaurants on Royal.  Depending on tastes this could nod towards Star.

It's really a different experience not meant to be compared even though that is what us cruise guests will tend to do.  

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

The Suite restaurant on X is more appealing to me compared to Coastal Kitchen but Star does come with the Ultimate Dining package so full access to all specialty restaurants on Royal.  Depending on tastes this could nod towards Star.

Yes this is an important feature to us so TA is going to include the specialty dining package. 

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

It's really a different experience not meant to be compared even though that is what us cruise guests will tend to do.  

So my spreadsheet might be a bit much then?? LOL 

Luninae is the suite level dining area - its a separate dining area from the Retreat bars/lounge .  However Luminae services the Retreat pool area with bar food (burgers/fries/sandwiches).  The Luminae burger is really good - its a beef/lamb mix.  Luminae analogous to Coastal Kitchen, except on X, all suite levels have access to Luminae.  Suite dwellers also have access to Blu, which is the Aqua Class level.  Blu at times has a nicer menu than Luminae. .

Edge class provides a superior Retreat experience over the revolutionized Solstice and Millennium class ships.  The spaces are very well done- you can spend the whole cruise just hanging out in that section of the ship.  We didn't enjoy the Daniel Boulud menu as much as we thought we would.  Its becoming "cookie cutter" - especially at the chef's table where you will notice repeat menus if you sail more than 1/yr.  Prefer having the ship's executive chef show their creativity.  Just an opinion..

9 hours ago, jagnew said:

We are dipping our toe into the Retreat experience with a 7 night Apex in Jan 2023 for a big anniversary.  The value seems good relative to Royal's suite prices for that winter season, so a little modern luxury it is.

Congrats!   It will still have that new ship smell.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 12:59 AM, jagnew said:

Things I have learned so far:

1. I am able to receive emails from Celebrity.  Royal has yet to figure this part out for my account.

2. Celebrity has a bug and I get a daily email from the CEO thanking me for booking 22 months from now.

Royal has my emails all jacked up. Every time I call in to do anything with a booking, they send my mom an email. 

• 3 weeks later...