Symphony of the Seas

Lack luster at best.  Downright curt/rude staff at times.  Most disappointing vacation.  Took group of 9 with 5 first time cruisers.  I’m embarrassed to have recommended.  Stay away from stateroom 7500 it smells like Band-Aids and burnt hair. All of our clothes reeked the entire trip. We requested distilled water, cribs, etc. and that did not happen in three of our five rooms.  When we got to our room, the Sea Pass cards on the door belong to another couple.  We waited over an hour in hot, guest service line, where Miguel promptly became sarcastic and smug not believing the names on the Sea Pass were not us?  He told us the issue was fixed, only to have to get back in the line again to have our new cards “fixed” again.  Miguel also told us the water in our room was distilled, which it was not.   My sister was charged for three towels due to royal Caribbean’s. Lack of attention at the towel center.   What a let down.

Typical fly by, never to be heard from again.

Btw on Symphony now as well as last week. Crew is marvelous and accommodating.  Ship is in great shape.  Wonderful and approachable Master, Capt Rick.

Things can happen, 2 cruises ago we had no cards on our door, grabbed the first officer I saw, he went to guest services for mehad my cards in under 15 minutes.

3 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

Typical fly by, never to be heard from again.

Btw on Symphony now as well as last week. Crew is marvelous and accommodating.  Ship is in great shape.  Wonderful and approachable Master, Capt Rick.

Things can happen, 2 cruises ago we had no cards on our door, grabbed the first officer I saw, he went to guest services for mehad my cards in under 15 minutes.

Agree, we sailed Symphony for New Years and the crew was incredible. Zero issues! 

I like Symphony when I went on it last October, but I wouldn't go back. 

I think I've realised that bigger isn't always better, but moreover I've realised that I don't want to cruise on any ship without the Lime and Coconut decor on top deck!  Makes such a difference to me. 

But overall it's a great ship, well staffed, a great holiday is guaranteed. 

Everyone has a right to their feelings and takeaways. I'm not going to crap on this person for having an opinion. It does seem like this person had some issues (the room smelling is a little odd). I also think, though, that people go into cruising with preconceived notions and look for reasons to be disappointed. 

One thing I try to keep in mind when I board a cruise is that embarkation day is always going to be a bit of a clusterf*ck. Other hotels and resorts don't have every single room emptied out and thousands of new guests check in at the same time. It's understandable for little requests and things like cribs, distilled water, etc., to get messed up. That first day, there are gonna be mixups, long lines, etc. It's a hectic day. You just gotta remember you're on there for several days and just be a little patient. 

We have been on Symphony two times and this last one was the best cruise ever. Everything was great but for one part of a meal. I did not let that"ruin" my cruise.

I even reassured the waiter that it was not his fault and it was ok, I was not upset about it. Things happen and not everything will be perfect. No worries.

22 hours ago, Thom Cruise said:

I like Symphony when I went on it last October, but I wouldn't go back. 

I think I've realised that bigger isn't always better, but moreover I've realised that I don't want to cruise on any ship without the Lime and Coconut decor on top deck!  Makes such a difference to me. 

But overall it's a great ship, well staffed, a great holiday is guaranteed. 

The difference between your post and the OP is that you still gave credit where credit is due and just said that it's not for you. Thank you for that. The OP decided to come on here and bad mouth it all like some hotels.com review. Maybe they work for the competition 🤔 LOL