Horrible experience

Cager1

I had the most miserable experience aboard voyager of the seas our stateroom was about 75° and we were constantly sweating all night even in the stateroom we were switched to after the first night the maintenance guy would put his thermometer into the ac unit and it would show 70° if we had been sleeping inside the air conditioner I’m sure we would have been fine but guest relations said they wouldn’t do anything about it or give any type of compensation for the horrible trip does anyone have any advice on what to do?   

29 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

This might be another case of the balcony door switch cutting out the AC…..

Very possible, my last cruise on Oasis, we thought we were having AC issues because our balcony was closed and latched, BUT after playing with the door a little, we noticed it was off the track slightly, and we had to pull the door toward us as we latched to get it to actually close properly and kick the AC on. 

53 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

75°? Our house stays at 81°with a/c all summer. I would freeze at 75°!

My wife and I are the polar opposite (see what I did there? 😁)

In the winter, we have to be careful because the wood stove will drive us out. Many are the times we’ve opened a window to let some heat out. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanBrian said:

You wouldn’t like it at my house.  In the winter, 62 at night, 68-70 during the day.  In the summer, anything above 75 is too hot for me.

Our power bill sees to it we love 78 in the summer & 75 in the winter.

As far as ship HVAC, I've observed newer appears to be better. On Wonder, we could've hung a side of beef in our cabin at the midpoint setting. Jewel & Mariner required a little more finesse with the thermostat. 

21 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

75°? Our house stays at 81°with a/c all summer. I would freeze at 75°!

OOF...lol. My thermostat stays at 63 all summer, and no higher than 70 during the winter (still haven't cracked 67 yet this season)  Bedroom windows stay cracked all winter, love sleeping in the cold! 

23 hours ago, teddy said:

My wife and I are the polar opposite (see what I did there? 😁)

In the winter, we have to be careful because the wood stove will drive us out. Many are the times we’ve opened a window to let some heat out. 

Wood stoves are an inexact science.  It’s nearly impossible to regulate the temp.  Once those things get cranking, you’re in a sauna.  I’ll stick with my furnace.

On 11/22/2023 at 2:43 PM, Cager1 said:

I had the most miserable experience aboard voyager of the seas our stateroom was about 75° and we were constantly sweating all night even in the stateroom we were switched to after the first night the maintenance guy would put his thermometer into the ac unit and it would show 70° if we had been sleeping inside the air conditioner I’m sure we would have been fine but guest relations said they wouldn’t do anything about it or give any type of compensation for the horrible trip does anyone have any advice on what to do?   

Problem is getting anything once the trip is over is very difficult. You should have caused a scene on board till they coughed up some on board credit. Write/email company president and see if they toss you a bone. What happened to you stinks and shouldn't have. Best of luck.