Labadee

We visited Labadee this week on Mariner. We also visited Coco Cay on this trip. Although we enjoyed Coco Cay,  Labadee was by far our favorite port. We have friends who visited a few months ago and they agreed that this was their favorite port. 

It seems like Labadee is not visited as often as other ports but we would absolutely love to go again. Why doesn’t RC promote this port more and send more ships there? When looking at the schedule it appears that it is only used once or twice every two weeks or so. It seems odd considering how nice it is and that it is exclusive to Royal Caribbean. 

I get the point about location and money making but I have to agree with @Cruiser3812 and @loki007.  Labadee is much more relaxing than Coco Cay as far as “beaching” goes.  I do prefer the food at Coco Cay, especially the Snack Shack items but the overall atmosphere is more low key at Labadee and I guess that is why I prefer it.

I’m looking forward to my little Labadee cruise in November!

Celebrity is starting to sail to Labadee as well in the next year.  I think when more Dominican options open up that work well for Oasis/Icon type ships we may see more Labadee.  Something like a Dominican Republic, Labadee, Falmouth for example.  Im not sure if Puerto Plata can handle Oasis class.  It is fairly close to Labadee. 

Never been to Coco Cay, fingers crossed nothing cancels it for 3rd time on our summer cruise. Have done Labadee 3 times and I find it extremely relaxing.

Royal was suppose to be building a new private island or beach or something west of Labadee (or at least that's what our waiter told us last cruise). Maybe that'll increase cruises going in that direction

Ships visiting Labadee include:

Liberty Of The Seas, Mariner Of The Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Grandeur Of The Seas, Allure Of The Seas, Independence Of The Seas, Adventure Of The Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Explorer Of The Seas, Odyssey of the Seas, Vision Of The Seas, Wonder of the Seas, Freedom Of The Seas, Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Ascent, Celebrity Apex, Voyager Of The Seas

9 hours ago, twangster said:

Ships visiting Labadee include:

Liberty Of The Seas, Mariner Of The Seas, Oasis of the Seas, Grandeur Of The Seas, Allure Of The Seas, Independence Of The Seas, Adventure Of The Seas, Symphony of the Seas, Explorer Of The Seas, Odyssey of the Seas, Vision Of The Seas, Wonder of the Seas, Freedom Of The Seas, Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Reflection, Celebrity Eclipse, Celebrity Ascent, Celebrity Apex, Voyager Of The Seas

We're booked in late March on Symphony with a stop at Labadee (Labadee, Aruba & Curacao).