Galveston Parking

10 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

I have embarked form the new terminal multiple times now, I have been parking in the North Lot, right next to the terminal, works great.

Same here.  And we usually are able to get a spot close to the covered parking if we get there with early boarding times.

On 6/2/2023 at 7:07 AM, TXcruzer said:

I have embarked form the new terminal multiple times now, I have been parking in the North Lot, right next to the terminal, works great.

Hi! Can you tell me if there is an "indoor" option for parking in Lot 14? I have tried to find the answer to this but can't find it anywhere. When I start to reserve parking, there is an option in Lot 14 for Indoor. Thank you!

14 hours ago, KimW said:

Hi! Can you tell me if there is an "indoor" option for parking in Lot 14? I have tried to find the answer to this but can't find it anywhere. When I start to reserve parking, there is an option in Lot 14 for Indoor. Thank you!

Yes the port was able to convert one of the warehouses next to pier 14,  outlined in Red on picture

When they first opened it around March or April of this year you could not find much about on their web site, haven't looked lately though, and you have to take the Port's shuttle from all of Pier 14 parking I believe, they will not let you walk to the Terminal

Pier14indoor.jpg.c64b9e4bea1e3290d0171a9e2f0c0377.jpg

1 hour ago, CruiseGus said:

Yes the port was able to convert one of the warehouses next to pier 14,  outlined in Red on picture

When they first opened it around March or April of this year you could not find much about on their web site, haven't looked lately though, and you have to take the Port's shuttle from all of Pier 14 parking I believe, they will not let you walk to the Terminal

Pier14indoor.jpg.c64b9e4bea1e3290d0171a9e2f0c0377.jpg

Thanks so much! 

Maybe one of you who has parked in one of the North lots can help me out... In this picture is the North Premium lot everything from the obvious division on up, and below that is the regular North lot? I would think so, but then I'm confused because I thought the premium lot was all covered, and there are plenty of uncovered spots in that section. I hemmed and hawed too long over the cost of the premium (it's a lot!) and now it's sold out, but the regular North lot is still available. We don't care about covered parking, though, just distance -- and if those uncovered spots are just considered part of the regular North lot then I'll jump on that while I can. 

Screenshot 2023-06-13 095110.jpg

We stayed at an Airbnb in the Strand that offered cruise parking. With two families and two cars, it was by far the cheapest option for an overnight stay and parking. Would have been walkable for a Carnival cruise, ended up getting a ride to the RCL terminal (though a motivated person with little luggage could also walk).

3 hours ago, crazy4disney said:

Maybe one of you who has parked in one of the North lots can help me out... In this picture is the North Premium lot everything from the obvious division on up, and below that is the regular North lot? I would think so, but then I'm confused because I thought the premium lot was all covered, and there are plenty of uncovered spots in that section. I hemmed and hawed too long over the cost of the premium (it's a lot!) and now it's sold out, but the regular North lot is still available. We don't care about covered parking, though, just distance -- and if those uncovered spots are just considered part of the regular North lot then I'll jump on that while I can. 

The uncovered spots are for sure the regular north lot.

4 hours ago, crazy4disney said:

Yes, the uncovered are the normal North lot spots.  The South lot is across the street at the bottom right of the picture.  Terminal 14 parking is off the screen to the left.
The North lot is definitely walkable from anywhere.  I personally walk from the South lot as well as the distance isn't that far, it just doesn't have a marked cross walk for the street crossing.

Just got back Sunday. I reserved the north lot (not premium). I thought I would be able to enter the north lot through the left entrance (red X), but that was blocked. They routed me all around as I've indicated with the red line. There were uncovered spots open below the covered spots, but they routed me to the left after scanning my code, so I'm not sure if those were all premium parking spots. We were able to still get a great spot and it was a very short walk. Note, you can't walk straight through the covered parking spots to the ship, as there is a fence blocking yougalvestonparkingdirections.thumb.png.69f67c098e1d5a07abac1c5cde859f04.png.

There are two crosswalks to get from the parking to the building, which I've indicated in blue. There were porters available near the crosswalk, so I didn't have to drag the heavy luggage very far. 

23 hours ago, jupiter03 said:

Just got back Sunday. I reserved the north lot (not premium). I thought I would be able to enter the north lot through the left entrance (red X), but that was blocked. They routed me all around as I've indicated with the red line. There were uncovered spots open below the covered spots, but they routed me to the left after scanning my code, so I'm not sure if those were all premium parking spots. We were able to still get a great spot and it was a very short walk. Note, you can't walk straight through the covered parking spots to the ship, as there is a fence blocking yougalvestonparkingdirections.thumb.png.69f67c098e1d5a07abac1c5cde859f04.png.

There are two crosswalks to get from the parking to the building, which I've indicated in blue. There were porters available near the crosswalk, so I didn't have to drag the heavy luggage very far. 

Interesting... Thank you for sharing your experience! Can I ask around what time you got to the lot?

2 minutes ago, crazy4disney said:

Interesting... Thank you for sharing your experience! Can I ask around what time you got to the lot?

Good picture. If you purchase the premium covered lot, they will route you to the right middle of the pavilion where you get a second scan to enter the covered parking.   We arrived  about 1015a (we had a 1030 boarding window).  The "X'd" entrance was blocked and so we had to drive past the terminal to access just as you highlighted.  

11 minutes ago, cruisellama said:

Good picture. If you purchase the premium covered lot, they will route you to the right middle of the pavilion where you get a second scan to enter the covered parking.   We arrived  about 1015a (we had a 1030 boarding window).  The "X'd" entrance was blocked and so we had to drive past the terminal to access just as you highlighted.  

Thank you for this information. I was wondering how early to arrive.