Recommendations from new MDR menus and things to avoid

The caribbean chicken is excellent, a full plate of food. However, I strip the skin to eat it   Most of the spice is on the skin-I strip it due to a dietary restrictions I have.

the pork enchilada is a lot of food, very tasty.

they ruined the Turkey dinner by putting peppers in the corn.  My recent sailing on Oasis they had watery cranberry “sauce”, you would need a spoon -like a soup-to eat it.  

My absolute favourite on our recent 8-night Anthem cruise was the salmon teriyaki from the Taste of Asia menu. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the sauce was very tasty. Unfortunately, that particular menu would not normally show up on a standard 7-night Caribbean cruise but appears instead to be an additional menu for longer cruises.

PXL_20230429_005730389_MP.thumb.jpg.46e893d3adf5fc6c212d84fb4dd5883f.jpg

If you are fortunate enough to dine during Caribbean Night I would recommend telling your server to not stop bringing you more servings of the Asian Pork Tacos 🤤 Usually I'll skip a main course and eat several plates of those. 

Just now, ZBrady said:

If you are fortunate enough to dine during Caribbean Night I would recommend telling your server to not stop bringing you more servings of the Asian Pork Tacos 🤤 Usually I'll skip a main course and eat several plates of those. 

I love those tacos!  The soft bun wraps.  Mmmmmm.

11 minutes ago, ZBrady said:

9 minutes ago, Xaa said:

I love those tacos!  The soft bun wraps.  Mmmmmm.

Which just proves how subjective it all is. I really didn't like these at all but that is because I dislike the combination of sweet and savoury flavours and not because of poor quality. But I love the coconut shrimp they serve on Caribbean Night and could easily eat two or three servings of those instead of a main course.

The pork chop on Caribbean night was very good, I had it recently and would recommend it to anyone who can handle a little spice. 

The warm cookie dessert is not to be missed. 

The Mexican corn cakes are to be wholeheartedly skipped; they are horrible. But the pork burrito they call an enchilada is worth a taste. 

I quite enjoyed the fish & chips from British night - although they didn't offer, and I didn't think to ask til I was half done, for malt vinegar to go with it. Butternut squash soup and chicken cordon bleu - taste of France.  Crispy coconut shrimp & the pork Bao tacos - although the later was a little spicy for me - on Caribbean night. Avocado Melon Salad & lobster tail on Royal night - lobster tail not terribly large, but enough for me.  DH offered to ask for one (he doesn't eat them), but I was fine.  Bon Voyage - I had the tapas (ok) and the braised lamb.  

None of the desserts really overwhelmed me, but I also stuck with lighter ones - just could not handle the really rich ones, so can't comment on them

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I've never had a good pork chop on an RC cruise. Always way overcooked.

But agreed on the Jamaican chicken. That was an unexpected big winner.

At that point neither had I, but I was surprised at how tender it was......I could cut it with my butterknife. 

The lobster Mac and cheese is a big yuck for me and I love lobster and definitely love mac and cheese. I actually happened to read today from a couple different people on a quantum sailing that the waiters are actually discouraging people from ordering it. Wish I’d known that in April. But the head waiter noticed and replaced it with a yummy steak with garlic butter. The coconut shrimp is delightful as others have said as well as the warm chocolate chip cookie. I also really enjoy the shrimp cocktail. I love cheese so I also quite enjoy  the kids grilled cheese when nothing else on the menu is sounding appetizing. 

Was fine every night but Mexican night.  Cannot tolerate spice so I went with the chicken instead.  Rubber banquet chicken!  Sent it back.  Tried a bite of DD’s spaghetti bolognese.  Canned Franco American tastes better.  Hubby’s enchilada was a lot of wrap with very little filling and nowhere near enough sauce.  The salmon smelled & tasted fishy.  Just an all around terrible night.  
Highlights were the crab cakes, tomato soup, butternut squash soup, beef bourguignon, sautéed filet of sole, shrimp dishes, daughter had several Indian dishes she loved & my brother loved the lamb shank.  Really except for that one night, we had great food on Harmony a few weeks ago.  Also, MTD with the same table/waitstaff each night and no wait!