Allure Oversold... Again.

46 minutes ago, twangster said:

One word.   Brightline 

I'm saving $3k on business class to Singapore by flying from Miami instead of MCO.  By then Brightline will be in service so I may use it to fly from Miami.  With $3k in savings I've got some wiggle room.   

I've been keeping my eye on this because it might sailing out of Port Canaveral most accessible for us. At the moment it's much more expensive for us to fly to Orlando than it is to Miami but this could open up the potential for a theme park/cruise combo for us. Hmmm.

41 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I've been keeping my eye on this because it might sailing out of Port Canaveral most accessible for us. At the moment it's much more expensive for us to fly to Orlando than it is to Miami but this could open up the potential for a theme park/cruise combo for us. Hmmm.

Can you fly TUI to MLB?

43 minutes ago, twangster said:

Can you fly TUI to MLB?

Not from where we are. Or at least not connecting. We'd need to book first to the UK and then from there to MLB, which would add a lot to the cost.

Currently, our route to Florida is with TAP as they have a connecting feeder flight from our local airport (FAO) to LIS and from there to MIA.

21 hours ago, Jakejosa said:

Does anyone know if the guests impacted by these “oversold” cruises are booked in “guarantee” cabins or are these guests in assigned cabins?

Seems to be GTY cabins that are being overbooked / oversold.  Pick your room when booking and you should be fine unless they convert to a group charter, which can, but rarely happens. 

Offers went out for our cruise on the 28th, according to FB group (I haven't personally recieved it, though will include the screenshots below). The offer is less generous... 100% refund (or booked on an equivalent sailing, no additional OBC), 50% FCC.

Think we're about to see RCL test the waters with how low they can go and still get enough takers. Have a feeling we'll see some IDB's in the terminal next Sunday.

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

2 minutes ago, ZBrady said:

Could also maybe be that they don't need as many to volunteer for this particular sailing. Just speculating.

There must be a reason why offers vary. Think I read another offer “across the street” that was only sent to those who booked a balcony. One option was to downgrade to an ocean view on the same cruise in return for a full refund of their cruise fare.

Sounded like a nice “Royal Down” offer to me.

6 hours ago, ZBrady said:

Would take that 11 times out of 10! Would just have to figure out how to persuade my wife 🤣

Me too.

Here's the explanation I would use.

"Honey, there was an issue with our cabin, RCI is giving us a full refund so let's book another cruise.  Oh, BTW, they said we can still sail on this one for free in an Ocean View.  I say we do it!"

17 hours ago, LizzyBee23 said:

Offers went out for our cruise on the 28th, according to FB group (I haven't personally recieved it, though will include the screenshots below). The offer is less generous... 100% refund (or booked on an equivalent sailing, no additional OBC), 50% FCC.

Think we're about to see RCL test the waters with how low they can go and still get enough takers. Have a feeling we'll see some IDB's in the terminal next Sunday.

May be an image of text

May be an image of text

What are IDB’s? Can’t figure out this acronym! 🙃

Involuntary Denied Boarding or IDB is an airline term.  It's defined by the Department of Transportation.

The airlines became so bad and treated fliers so poorly the DOT created compensation rules that airlines are required to comply with when they "bump" anyone who has a confirmed ticket on a plane. 

https://www.transportation.gov/individuals/aviation-consumer-protection/bumping-oversales

If the cruise lines follow the airlines down this swirling toilet we may need the federal government to step in once again.