Bayonne NJ pier is raising parking fees to $30 a day effective May 1st

We will be going out of this port for the first time next year.  Good to know about the parking rates and may take the train instead of the car for our week cruise.

Any recommendations for a Hilton branded hotel near the port ?  We are just starting to look at the hotels for an April 2024 cruise.

11 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

We live 40 minutes from the port, and are seriously considering doing a "park,stay,cruise" hotel the night before our B2B in August (16 nights total) as it may end up being cheaper....

Yep!  I am fortunate to have family usually drop off/pick up and we are over an hour away.  I have a long cruise and would definitely consider the hotel stay if I can’t get a ride. 

2 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Yep!  I am fortunate to have faImily usually drop off/pick up and we are over an hour away.  I have a long cruise and would definitely consider the hotel stay if I can’t get a ride. 

Last month, DH and I saved by DD bringing us since she wasn't coming with us. In August she is, and don't really have anyone close enough to bring us// pick up, especially early in the morning.

On 4/14/2023 at 7:55 PM, Montemy2419 said:

Any recommendations for a Hilton branded hotel near the port ?  We are just starting to look at the hotels for an April 2024 cruise.

We stayed at Doubletree Suites in Jersey City. Walkable from the PATH station.  It wasn’t a bad Uber/Lyft ride to the port, about 25 mins.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

We stayed at Doubletree Suites in Jersey City. Walkable from the PATH station.  It wasn’t a bad Uber/Lyft ride to the port, about 25 mins.

Thank you for the recommendation.  This will not only be our first time cruising from the port but we will have extended family so I am trying to make this as easy as possible.

On 4/14/2023 at 9:10 PM, Al Miller said:

Uggghhh... Now I really need to start considering the offsite lots. They must be overjoyed at this news. Their business is going to get a bump for sure. 

You can be assured, by mid May, the offsite lots will raise their prices an equal amount. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 7:55 PM, Montemy2419 said:

If you're driving and want something different, consider Staten Island (we stumbled onto the idea during Boy Scout camping trip) - 

Hampton Inn and Suites Staten Island, New York Hotel (hilton.com)  (free basic breakfast, perfect for pre-cruise)

https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/ewrsigi-hilton-garden-inn-new-york-staten-island/  (no free breakfast, unusual for this brand)

We used Staten Island Ferry for a day in Manhattan.  Then super-easy ~20 min drive over the Bayonne Bridge.  Also some great pizza nearby - 

Joe & Pat's Pizzeria And Restaurant | Staten Island, New York (joeandpatsny.com)

Denino's Pizzeria & Tavern | 718-442-9401 (deninossi.com)

And if the season is right (they shut down) - 

Ralph's Italian Ices & Ice Cream, 501 Port Richmond Ave (near Denino's)