Cbd hemp supplement allowed on ship?

You should probably ask this question to RC as the answer may very well depend on the ports you are visiting as well. Foreign customs may not even allow the ship in port with certain substances that are illegal locally. When you are cruising to foreign ports, you have to follow foreign laws

This is one of those things that isn't a problem until it is.  

What is legal in the US or your home country is irrelevant once you leave the country.  

Cruises by definition leave the departure country and visit other countries.  Each country has the right to establish what is legal and what isn't in that country.  When you visit another country you are subject to their laws, not ours/yours.

Will anyone know if you bring something small that violates the laws of another country?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  No one here can advise you in this regard.  You need to accept responsibility for your decision to break the law or policy of a cruise line.

This is usually where someone chimes in and posts a study offering how great some miracle substance is.    That's irrelevant.  This isn't about how effective, or safe, or good, or bad some substance is or is not.  

Will the cruise line rummage through your stuff and look for anything that violates the laws of another country?  Probably not.  Unless there is a medical event or some other thing that draws their attention.  Trip and break an ankle?  Then they find an illegal substance in your cabin.  So much for the lawsuit you are thinking about, at that point you are in violation and subject to whatever they decide including being kicked off wherever in the world you are, get home at your own expense.  There goes the lawsuit, you broke their policy.  

If you are riding a bus in another country and the bus gets in an accident.  In the aftermath somehow the local police find a pill or pill bottle.  Now it's a problem.  Now you are detained.  It's up to you to decide if you should break a law in another country.  

Is that worth the risk?  That's up to you to decide.  No one on the internet will be standing with you at that moment in a vain attempt to argue your case.  

On 4/7/2023 at 6:07 PM, plasticmaster said:

My wife takes an over the counter hemp cbd supplement for inflammation. It's liquid drops taken orally. In the Royal app, under what to pack/not pack, it says don't pack cbd products. Does this count?  Can she bring it on board?  She takes it every day for inflammation in her legs. Thanks.

You answered your own question.  It's a cbd product and goes against RC policy and laws of multiple countries. 

• 6 months later...

When it comes to traveling with CBD products, it's crucial to check the specific regulations of the airline and the destination you're headed to.Most CBD products derived from hemp are legal in the United States, but some airlines might have their own policies. To be safe, it's best to contact the airline directly or check their website for their guidelines on carrying CBD products.Also, it's a great idea to visit https://www.trythecbd.com/products/cbd-vape-pen/ for more information on CBD products if you need to restock.

18 hours ago, SamuelJeremy said:

When it comes to traveling with CBD products, it's crucial to check the specific regulations of the airline and the destination you're headed to.  Most CBD products derived from hemp are legal in the United States, but some airlines might have their own policies. To be safe, it's best to contact the airline directly or check their website for their guidelines on carrying CBD products.

It does not matter what the airline policies are. It's the Cruise lines policies and the countries they visit that determine what is allowed on their vessels.

State laws mean nothing when it comes to these items. 

• 2 months later...

As for your wife's CBD hemp supplement, it's a bit of a tricky one. The Royal app can be a bit confusing, right? My cousin had a similar situation last year. What he did was call the cruise line directly and ask. They were surprisingly helpful and gave him the green light to bring his CBD drops on board. Better to double-check, you know?

What if you are on closed loop, you still can’t take it.  It’s not like you going to take it off the ship.  Why not bring enough for the number of days on the ship.  I use to use Deb cream for my legs before I got knee replacement and brought it along my cruise with no issues.  But that was about four years ago. 

1 hour ago, Gilley said:

What if you are on closed loop, you still can’t take it.  It’s not like you going to take it off the ship.  Why not bring enough for the number of days on the ship.  I use to use Deb cream for my legs before I got knee replacement and brought it along my cruise with no issues.  But that was about four years ago. 

NO!!!!

On 1/11/2024 at 12:28 AM, SamuelJeremy said:

As for your wife's CBD hemp supplement, it's a bit of a tricky one. The Royal app can be a bit confusing, right? My cousin had a similar situation last year. What he did was call the cruise line directly and ask. They were surprisingly helpful and gave him the green light to bring his CBD drops on board. Better to double-check, you know?

Also, I stumbled upon these CBD dog treats from Joy Organic, here's the link https://joyorganics.com/products/cbd-dog-treats They look interesting; have you tried them for your furry friend? . Maybe they have something for your wife too?

Royal tries to maintain relationships with countries around the globe.  Yes, the U.S. is liberal now regarding these products but in Europe alone as an example CBD products (non THC products) require prescriptions in Austria, Belgium, and Finland.  They are outright illegal in Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Malta, Serbia, and Slovakia.  In South America Argentina and Brazil require prescriptions and CBD is outright illegal in Venezuela and Ecuador.  I’m sure there are similar lists in Asia and the Caribbean.

Are there CBD sniffing dogs at check in?  No.  Will you get away with it, probably.  It’s against policy and I just steer clear of potential travel issues.