What is exclusive top tier event, anchor and crown, Adventure of the seas

John63

It's an hour or so of the captain, hotel director, and cruise director talking in one of the bigger lounges. They recognize the new pinnacle members, and top cruisers. They also announce how many cruisers are onboard and the breakdown of how many gold, platinum, diamond etc. Usually the house band plays some music and some of the entertainers perform a number. You get a free glass of art auction quality champagne (at least that's all that was offered at the last one we went to in June, no refills were offered). If we don't have anything else going on, we might go to the event, but I have zero FOMO if I skip it.

58 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

It's an hour or so of the captain, hotel director, and cruise director talking in one of the bigger lounges. They recognize the new pinnacle members, and top cruisers. They also announce how many cruisers are onboard and the breakdown of how many gold, platinum, diamond etc. Usually the house band plays some music and some of the entertainers perform a number. You get a free glass of art auction quality champagne (at least that's all that was offered at the last one we went to in June, no refills were offered). If we don't have anything else going on, we might go to the event, but I have zero FOMO if I skip it.

thank you so much for explaining to me.

1 hour ago, Cactus527 said:

To piggyback - on my last cruise, there was nothing letting me know about any C&A events. Where can I find that information on board?

If they're not in the Cruise Compass then usually those invited get invitations delivered to the cabin.  You can always ask the Loyalty Ambassador as well. Their location and times will be listed in the Cruise Compass.

9 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

We went to it one time thinking it would be a worthwhile activity.

As mentioned earlier in this thread it's really only good for a small glass of below-average bubbly.

If you've nothing better to do, why not...for us, one time was enough. 🤣

that could be true for the experience

49 minutes ago, teddy said:

We went to our first one back in October.  We don’t drink at all, so the free drink wasn’t a draw. We were simply curious. 

We found the information shared to be interesting, but the people watching was top notch.  We’ll go to more just to do that. 

The information varies across ships/captains but the people watching opportunities are consistent 

22 hours ago, John63 said:

Looking at anchor and crown, it lists for gold exclusive top tier even, for gold.  We are gold 13 on anchor and crown.  thank you.

If you are curious, they typically give the CAS statistics.  On our cruise last week, we were surprised to learn that 2/3 of the guests were new, only 1/3 CAS members.  If you cruise once a year or less frequently, I find it interesting on a sea day.  But nothing lost if you miss it, as others have stated.

• 2 months later...