American Express Offer

13 minutes ago, Justwanttocruise said:

Same as mine ... the difference must be the level of Amex card .. Gold, Platinum, so forth

I don't even know what kind of Amex I have..my $500 for $1500 spend was on my Amex EveryDay Card.  I have no idea what level it is even is.  I never use it for anything other than random Amex Offers either.

3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I don't even know what kind of Amex I have..my $500 for $1500 spend was on my Amex EveryDay Card.  I have no idea what level it is even is.  I never use it for anything other than random Amex Offers either.

I have the Amex Platinum and already get the perk for taking a cruise using Amex Travel.

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/benefits/the-platinum-card/cruise-privileges-and-discounts.html

13 minutes ago, Justwanttocruise said:

I have the Amex Platinum and already get the perk for taking a cruise using Amex Travel.

https://www.americanexpress.com/ca/en/benefits/the-platinum-card/cruise-privileges-and-discounts.html

Yeah those are different than the Amex Offers, though.  Going through that is basically using Amex as your Travel Agency.

11 minutes ago, nate91 said:

I have this on two cards...which is an amazing deal, but I'm not cruising right now. Bummer, wish I could take advantage.

I have it also and really have no more sailings to book...but I checked it anyway. I figured if they saw I was interested at least maybe they would send me another in the future. Well, unless the Wonder comes back here to Florida November/December 2022 and has a southern itinerary, then I may be swayed...

E5D6CD6C-CBB0-41FC-A586-88FF5D55273A.thumb.jpeg.2504f2f619266d70112549071dcc30f0.jpeg
Looks promising as just received confirmation email.  Fingers crossed.  We will see if it works. I will keep you all informed. I followed all the fine print and used it for final payment after adding the offer to the Amex card.

Amex is very reliable on their offers as it already recognized the charge .   I assume it’s now up to Royal Caribbean to validate it. 

2 hours ago, Justwanttocruise said:

How do you get this perk? Do you have to book through Amex Travel? What if you take advantage of booking a new cruise while on a cruise?

22 hours ago, bryresangel said:

How do you get this perk? Do you have to book through Amex Travel? What if you take advantage of booking a new cruise while on a cruise?

Nope, don’t have to book through Amex travel. Just gotta book a cruise through your Amex card (after activating the offer) 

3 hours ago, Neesa said:

So, this is my plan...bring my AX card on my sailing in 43 days. Book a new sailing on board, get the perks plus the AX perk by placing 1,500.00 down on the sailing. Then return home and transfer it to my TA, yes? Maximizing benefits at all angles, will this work?

Yup. Make sure that you add the offer to the card now. Make sure NextCruise is using your Amex when you make the booking onboard and it should be all good.

27 minutes ago, AndrewPunch said:

Anyone double dip on these?

The wife and I both have the platinum card mine has the $500 off $1500 and hers has the $200 off $500.  I just used mine will have to call hers in next week for our spring break cruise with the kids. 

Double dipping seems possible. 
Reading the fine print of my $500 off offer it does not state only one offer per a cabin. Only one offer per card member across all Amex channels. So it appears two separate card members could each use their offer on the same cabin.  

If you have two cabins, you could put one card member in one cabin and the other card member in the other cabin.  And then it would definitely work for both cards to the corresponding cabin. 

@AshleyDillothanks for the heads up!  I have Amex Reserve, so I called to ask if there was a reason I didn’t get the offer.
She said they “probably just begin adding the offer initially to gold, maybe some platinums but simply haven’t got around to offering it to reserve yet!  🤣Bull Pucky🤣!  
Someone purporting to be management followed up with an apology that I didn’t receive the offer, especially since I meet the criteria of a “Amex spending history with RCI ”.  They generated a marketing inquiry requesting that the offer be extended to me (10-14 days).  I’ll wait🙄.  If anyone else is interested, but didn’t get the offer,  you might want to give Amex a jingle:-). We cruisers have habits to feed😍

I really want to use this offer, so I cancelled all 4 Royal up bids (because it would not allow me to change my credit card) and re-bid a little bit more and placed the American Express as payment. This way IF, BIG IF I actually "win" I feel great knowing I utilized this great offer, if not which is usually always the case I will enjoy the great cabin I have as well as visit the Next Cruise desk with that American Express vibrating in my pocket, win win. It's just so nice to even see offers like this again. 

(Not sure but I may have shot myself in the foot though as since I had to cancel and then re bid I'm sure I placed myself at the bottom of the bidding que)  but in 42 days being on the ship will be just wonderful, Oh my husband wanted to know if the genie stayed in a bottle in our room! (Funny guy)

We have only sailed Sky so a Star experience is in my dreams....

On 10/8/2021 at 5:00 PM, bryresangel said:

I have done this various ways.

Booked online or Booked thru Next Cruise, then transferred to Amex Travel and then got the perks. As long as Amex Travel is the travel agent you should get the perks. But you must have Amex Platinum to get the OBC and Champaign/Wine. 

On 10/9/2021 at 7:20 PM, 904Duval said:

Double dipping seems possible. 
Reading the fine print of my $500 off offer it does not state only one offer per a cabin. Only one offer per card member across all Amex channels. So it appears two separate card members could each use their offer on the same cabin.  

If you have two cabins, you could put one card member in one cabin and the other card member in the other cabin.  And then it would definitely work for both cards to the corresponding cabin. 

Got $700 off our spring break cruise by making two separate payments, so yes if your spouse has a card check to see if they have offers as well. 

My same card that gave me the Royal offer also gave me a Delta Airlines offer for $125 back on a single charge of $300 or more. 

The Terms & Conditions state you can't buy a gift card but in the past it has worked if you purchase them directly through Delta's website using a computer (their desktop site).  So YMMV, but if you fly Delta it may be worth taking a shot at a gift card if you don't have a flight to book.