Specific day of the week check-in opens?

Good evening fellow travellers!

We are 62 days out from our cruise, but check in still hasn't opened. I know it is hit or miss right now with when check in opens, but does anyone know if they tend to start check in on a specific day of the week right now? I just want to know if I can stop obsessively checking EVERY day of the week.

As a weird aside, Royal Up is open for my cruise, but not check in...ah well!

Edited by bryresangel

• bryresangel changed the title to Specific day of the week check-in opens?

Check in is not available for my September cruises out of Port Liberty, but I have received RoyalUp emails for both Sept 19 and Sept 26 cruises. Five days ago I was able to submit bids and I received emails that my bids were received…and then yesterday I received RoyalUp emails again…for the same cruises…with no indication that I had already bid so I placed them again. Again I received the acknowledgment that my bids were received. Strange.

18 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

My check in button appeared on the app this morning for my Allure Oct 31st sailing. I think I will be able to check in at exactly 90 days, I thought it would be further out based on the experiences so far. That proves there really is no structured time frame.

My app says that check in will be available on July 26 (for my Oct 22 sailing), but I don't see a check in button.

I keep hearing all sorts of numbers. Some one on Facebook said oasis class ships will be at 80% by then, I also heard 40%

But if I had to guess I would say between 50 and 70% based on Oasis and maybe quantum class. I think the smaller classes will be under or at 50%

The CSO wasn't lifted so I think with all the restrictions and protocols, sailings will still be quite reduced.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 7:00 AM, CJS2766 said:

There seems to be no exact science as to when the check in options opens. My cruise was 90 days out yesterday and I was able to check in with no issues. I'm happy that I don't have to worry about that anymore!!!

We are coming up on our 90 day mark and app indicates we can check in on day 90. Is there a time of day it opens to be able to check in on that day 90?

On 7/19/2021 at 10:20 AM, CJS2766 said:

I just wonder at what capacity ships will be sailing at when we cruise this October? I keep hearing maybe 40%, but that seems low. What's the capacity for the Symphony??

So what I noticed is the first cruise for Symphony in October, inside is “sold out.” I’ve noticed a lot of cruises with inside as sold out. I’ve also seen ocean view as sold out in September cruises. I believe these were taken out of the booking engine to reduce capacity. 

After that first week, inside opens up however, the only thing that’s been available for my symphony sailing (October 23) are interior connecting and it’s been that way for months. 

Since October is still under the CSO, I’d still expect reduced capacity. I know in my Facebook group for that sailing, passengers from the UK have cancelled as well as some since the new testing protocols were announced. 

12 hours ago, Jill said:

So what I noticed is the first cruise for Symphony in October, inside is “sold out.” I’ve noticed a lot of cruises with inside as sold out. I’ve also seen ocean view as sold out in September cruises. I believe these were taken out of the booking engine to reduce capacity. 

After that first week, inside opens up however, the only thing that’s been available for my symphony sailing (October 23) are interior connecting and it’s been that way for months. 

Since October is still under the CSO, I’d still expect reduced capacity. I know in my Facebook group for that sailing, passengers from the UK have cancelled as well as some since the new testing protocols were announced. 

We have a balcony for our Oct 16 sailing on the Symphony. My TA seems to think we may be around 50% capacity. I know it's all a guess but the bottom line is, I don't see it as a full capacity cruise. Therefore it should be nice not having to wait for anything compared to a normal cruise.

Our 9/3 on Mariner isn't available yet, but our 10/8 on Freedom opened about a month ago.   I thought it might have to do with the Test Sailings completion for some of the ships..  I concur with the advice to check it every day as there is no (to us at least) Rhyme or Reason to the timelines.  

On 8/2/2021 at 6:37 AM, CJS2766 said:

There is no set time, just keep checking on the 90 day mark. You should be able to get a 1:00 embarkation time.

Checked in at 7:00 am and only 3:00 pm came up??  I have a hard time believing that many people were up and checked in for a November cruise. Good ole Royal IT does it again…..any chance an earlier time will open closer to sailing?

@cdixon22 Try closing the app and going back in. Originally I tried at about 1am, because my cat was hungry, and it said check-in was closed. Closed the app and tried again and the times came up. According to Facebook all the 1pm slots are gone and the earliest is now 2:30pm but that is after check-in has been open for a full 24hrs, lol?

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@cdixon22 Try closing the app and going back in. Originally I tried at about 1am, because my cat was hungry, and it said check-in was closed. Closed the app and tried again and the times came up. According to Facebook all the 1pm slots are gone and the earliest is now 2:30pm but that is after check-in has been open for a full 24hrs, lol?

Thanks I did. I even logged all the way off then signed back in. 3:00 is the only option ?  I guess I will keep checking.