First Royal Caribbean Ship You Went On

On 7/16/2021 at 8:41 AM, Temeculaguy said:

I Love, Love , Love this story! My story is similar bit not all on Royal, yet cruising nonetheless. My wife and I had our first overnight date on a short 3 day cruise that she arranged as a birthday gift to me. Three years later I proposed on a cruise, in Cozumel at the Mayan temple of marriage (long story but the excursion desk helped make it happen) because she is Hispanic and her ancestry (according to her dna) is Mayan. We were married on a cruise with 100 of our friends and family also on the cruise. Next month, on our anniversary, we will be in Cozumel, this time on adventure of the seas. I believe for the remainder of our time on this planet we will be forever tied to cruising. Your story is so similar to ours that I think you will see cruises as a component of your marriage. We are in in our early 50's now but we both see cruises as not just fun but a romantic reminder of our bond,  I hope for you that every cruise from here on out will be your honeymoon all over again, I know it is ours.

Thank you for sharing your story - I couldn't agree more - I think we'll cruise forever now due to how special it is to us, same with our children in the future! 

Vision of the Seas, 2000 - closed loop Alaska from Vancouver.  

That sailing spoiled us and nothing may ever match up. Maybe it was because it was our first, or maybe it was the humongous pod of hundreds of dolphins that raced along the ship one afternoon on a sea day - a sight that even the crew had never seen (everyone, EVERYONE, dropped everything they were doing to race to any starboard-side window to see them.  We were having lunch in the main dining room, and all thoughts of lunch were abandoned - guests, waiters, head waiters, everyone.  And Alaska is just so beautiful anyway. Mr. SpeedNoodles isn't impressed by the Caribbean at all but will go just because he likes being on ships.

Our first was Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston in 2002. We had booked a balcony for all 4 of us (the kids were pre teen then). At check in we were told they needed to move us to another stateroom. It turned out to be an Owners Suite! We were hooked on cruising ever since, 38 cruises later!

My first RCCL cruise was on Majesty of the Seas, which I believe has gone to the great cruise port in the heavens.  A local sports radio talk show host did a Super Bowl cruise (not a themed cruise, just that we had a private conference room and TV to watch the Super Bowl).  

I was blown away at how much nicer RCCL was than Carnival (my only prior cruise experience).  It was my husband's first cruise, and he loved it, except that he kept bumping his head (he's 6'8").  

Allure 2019. Best ship since it's the only cruise with Royal we've been on. The entire staff was amazing!!! The CK was so good couldn't believe that kind of food was served at sea!! Room attendants were very helpful and our concierge staff was so helpful. Looking forward to more cruises with Royal!!

Enchantment of the Seas, Western Caribbean, 1999.  College graduation present to ourselves for my girlfriend and I. She had never been out of the NY tri-state area, and she missed her prom in high school due to a medical issue. I proposed to her on the stage of the Orpheum Theater (with a HUGE assist from the cruise director!) on formal night.  Next year will be our 20th anniversary. ?

First Royal: June 2006, Vancouver to Seward on Radiance.  Fantastic trip!

First cruise ever: May 1986, Mexican Riviera on Tropicale (Whale Tail Fleet).  It was very different then. They'd hand you a loaded shotgun to go with your margarita and tell you to shoot the clay pigeons off the fantail. ?