Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Well....wish us luck....going to Nassua


Recommended Posts

Just moved our Oasis from July to Adventure in Aug.  It doesn't have all the convenience of driving to the port but at least it will be a cruise.  Should prove exciting getting in and out of the country with covid 19 still sucking intelligence from the room.  Hoping it is far enough there after the June restart to get the process(es) ironed out and maybe even simplified......

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dodgestang said:

Hoping it is far enough there after the June restart to get the process(es) ironed out and maybe even simplified

You will definitely have a much smoother process.  First few sailings will have some hiccups, and more importantly, you will benefit from all the lessons learned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Reigert2008 said:

I hope the cruislines track and report the number of cabins that are “moved” to the non-US ports.  It could show the CDC (or anyone) the number of people that are traveling abroad to cruise. Maybe that data will show how blocking the US ports from opening is not preventing cruising.

This data will mean absolutely nothing to the CDC, economics is not their concern, they have shown that very clearly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We decided to do the same with our July Symphony cruise that we already had flights booked for (will have to use them another time). At least the Adventure cruises are likely to happen and we don’t have to play “wait and see”. It will be our first time flying internationally but we’re super excited to be cruising again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are going to have a lot of firsts....first time flying as a family internationally (we have flown before though) and we are also taking my son's good friend with us.  He has a passport (14 yrs old) but it isn't clear what if any other documents we might need to take with us since we do not have same last name)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dodgestang said:

We are going to have a lot of firsts....first time flying as a family internationally (we have flown before though) and we are also taking my son's good friend with us.  He has a passport (14 yrs old) but it isn't clear what if any other documents we might need to take with us since we do not have same last name)

Definitely make sure you have everything you need for the friend. Family members of ours took their grandchild on a cruise out of Florida (not on Royal). They were denied boarding and had to have paperwork sent down electronically and almost missed the cruise. I’d contact Royal directly about what they require. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

Definitely make sure you have everything you need for the friend. Family members of ours took their grandchild on a cruise out of Florida (not on Royal). They were denied boarding and had to have paperwork sent down electronically and almost missed the cruise. I’d contact Royal directly about what they require. 

I'd also make sure you have any "legal" documentation that allows you to make decisions should there be some emergency in regards to the friend.  You never know what could happen and where you may be when it happens.  

From my point of view, it's not worth the extra work and stress to bring someone who is unrelated, particularly a minor.  Even when traveling with my in-laws, it's a concern that we'll be in some foreign land and they won't let my wife make decisions that need to be made if there is an emergency. 

 

It's kinda like travel insurance, you never need it until you do.  (always have travel insurance)

 

Just my opinion, I know people travel with kids friends all the time. i'm sure there are both good stories and nightmares out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dodgestang said:

it isn't clear what if any other documents we might need to take with us since we do not have same last name)

Notarized letter signed by both parents giving permission for you to take the minor child out of the country.  While you are doing that, also make sure you get another letter for the medical power of attorney suggested below.  If there aren't two parents involved for some reason, you want the documentation trail to prove that.  

 

27 minutes ago, Reigert2008 said:

I'd also make sure you have any "legal" documentation that allows you to make decisions should there be some emergency in regards to the friend.  You never know what could happen and where you may be when it happens.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dodgestang said:

We are going to have a lot of firsts....first time flying as a family internationally (we have flown before though) and we are also taking my son's good friend with us.  He has a passport (14 yrs old) but it isn't clear what if any other documents we might need to take with us since we do not have same last name)

This is on the Royal site, it’s probably worth a call or email to Royal and your travel agent to dot all the i’s and cross the t’s, no sense in showing up to the port and not having something.  Good luck.

 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-family-legal-documents-do-i-need-to-board

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-am-traveling-with-a-minor-and-i-am-not-their-parent-legal-guardian

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pooch said:

When we took my grandson last year, there was a form to download on the RC site.  Had to be filled out and signed by a parent and notarized.  They asked for and reviewed it at check in.

You know I asked the club royale rep when I was booking if Royal had a 'canned' form and he was like 'no'

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Reigert2008 said:

This is on the Royal site, it’s probably worth a call or email to Royal and your travel agent to dot all the i’s and cross the t’s, no sense in showing up to the port and not having something.  Good luck.

 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-family-legal-documents-do-i-need-to-board

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-if-i-am-traveling-with-a-minor-and-i-am-not-their-parent-legal-guardian

 

Thanks for the link....'form' has been secured 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...