Sign in to follow this  
CruiseGus

FCC should be returned to who paid the bill, not named cruisers

15 hours ago, twangster said:

Not exactly.  In some ways it is similar but in cases where the airline cancels the flight the money or miles used go back to the original form of payment.  

I have bought and cancelled dozens of award flights with Delta and the points came back to me.  Same with credit card purchases when they cancel the flight.  

If I cancel or we use 1/2 of a booked trip then the dollar amount is named to an individual, but only when I cancel for my own reasons.   

Similar experience with United. When a land vacation was cancelled due to COVID-19 I received all cash portion of refund to my CC. Part of the trip was booked with miles, I received all my miles back, wife didn't get my miles. Most important, the credit portion was issued in both names, similar to Royal, but I had a choice to leave it like that or combine into one large credit, which I did.

1 hour ago, jaredhamburg said:

Maybe I can see if the mothers of the world are still making offers to slap people into next year.....

Sadly, this is no longer socially acceptable. For some reason, it’s considered abusive. These days, we can only go for “I’ll slap you into next week”.  Too bad. Longing for the good ol days