Interior Cabins

Today, I enjoyed reading about this topic on the Royal Caribbean Blog.  It made me think about the cruises we have done.  Our first cruise was an interior room mostly for economic reasons.  I found that I needed at least a window so we shifted to an interior stateroom on the promenade on Freedom class.  Then we got a virtual balcony on Anthem  but the balcony overlooking Central Park on Allure was much better.  An ocean view balcony was okay but I liked Central Park more.  I had no issue with a junior suite except for the price.

Is this a dangerous trend and should I stop eyeing those other suites???  ? ...?...?

10 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Is this a dangerous trend and should I stop eyeing those other suites??? 

YES. We booked the GS on Anthem twice because we sailed it once previously and just couldn't go back to an Oceanview Stateroom. With friends and family on all three of those cruises, we didn't take advantage of any of the benefits or relax much in the room. Ugh, now I want to upgrade my next cruise LOL.

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes.  This is a very dangterous trend. Be afraid.  Be very afraid

I'm more afraid of being quarantined in my room and being at sea for weeks.  It seems I can justify an upgrade just in case that happens.

47 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

Today, I enjoyed reading about this topic on the Royal Caribbean Blog.  It made me think about the cruises we have done.  Our first cruise was an interior room mostly for economic reasons.  I found that I needed at least a window so we shifted to an interior stateroom on the promenade on Freedom class.  Then we got a virtual balcony on Anthem  but the balcony overlooking Central Park on Allure was much better.  An ocean view balcony was okay but I liked Central Park better.  I had no issue with a junior suite except for the price.

Is this a dangerous trend and should I stop eyeing those other suites???  ? ...?...?

Yes, the escalation will just continue and you’ll be wanting to book a Royal Loft Suite. 

20 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

Very true. I am a suite cruiser, got my first star class booked got a feeling I'm going to have issues knocking it down.

I’m going through the same thing. We’ve got an AQ2Br for November, but then in March are going to an XL ocean view on odyssey as the spring break pricing was crazy. I’m hoping the room being twice as much space helps. 

38 minutes ago, sk8erguy1978 said:

YES. We booked the GS on Anthem twice because we sailed it once previously and just couldn't go back to an Oceanview Stateroom. With friends and family on all three of those cruises, we didn't take advantage of any of the benefits or relax much in the room. Ugh, now I want to upgrade my next cruise LOL.

Just have to convince your family to upgrade ?

Heck, I haven't even done a Jr Suite yet. I had one booked on the Brilliance GC (I heard Radiance class have pretty big JSs), but that's gone.  I do have an Owner's Suite on Empress, but that's probably about as big as a Jr Suite on Brilliance, lol.  Maybe with all I'm saving from the canceled cruises (I assume both Odyssey sailings will be a no go) I should get an actual real suite on the Harmony GC!d (Now is the time where you all talk me out of it.  Ready? GO!)

27 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Heck, I haven't even done a Jr Suite yet. I had one booked on the Brilliance GC (I heard Radiance class have pretty big JSs), but that's gone.  I do have an Owner's Suite on Empress, but that's probably about as big as a Jr Suite on Brilliance, lol.  Maybe with all I'm saving from the canceled cruises (I assume both Odyssey sailings will be a no go) I should get an actual real suite on the Harmony GC!d (Now is the time where you all talk me out of it.  Ready? GO!)

I would say it depends on how many FCCs you need to put to use.  A FCC from a longer cruise seems to require a suite on a shorter cruise so you can use the whole FCC. 

A suite on a smaller ship makes sense too when you are used to paying for a smaller stateroom on the the larger and newer ships.  

Oh yes, a very dangerous game. Our first ever cruise was an interior on Majesty, where I learned I can't stand not having some kind of light. Next was a promenade interior on Navigator, where I learned I really need natural light over artificial. 

Then we were going to book an ocean balcony on Anthem, but the price for the JS was pretty good, so we snagged that. 

And now we have a JS on Allure, and a GS on Oasis and Symphony booked.... 

#suitesnob #whenthepriceisright

Had an ocean view on Empress almost 20 years ago.  Thought it was pretty good.  Fast forward to 2018 and we splurged on a GS on Majesty.  Then this year we took our grandson on a short 4 day on Mariner. Short cruise, just got a OV balcony.  Hubby and I said NEVER AGAIN!!  We are totally spoiled.  Next up Rhapsody in an Owners Suite.  Once you suite, you can never retreat!

We've done the opposite as most everyone else and keep downgrading! Started with Concierge class on our first cruise on Celebrity. Tried a balcony room on Royal and decided we didn't use it enough to justify the cost. Then we did a promenade view interior which I think is our perfect room. The price was great and we loved having the window seat for reading and people watching. 

We had an oceanview booked on a cancelled cruise and now next year we've decided to just try a regular interior room on Jewel. We are never in our room except to sleep and shower its just not worth it to us.

I would only need a GS or higher if there are 3 or more people; second bathroom is a life saver. The perks are nice but often not enough to justify the sky class and up price....if it is no more than $170 per person over a balcony/Jr. Suite then yeah. I like luxury but I prefer experiences more, that money could be better spent.

I have a 2br GS on my Allure 2021, at the time of booking it was only $104 more per person than a balcony and $239 less than if we booked 2 separate rooms. Now when I become a fancy diamond + it won't matter, as I will  probably only stay in balconies or Jr. Suites. Meh, truthfully, I fell like I can fluctuate when it comes to rooms. As a solo traveler I don't need much more than a promenade interior.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

@Pooch I feel the same way, I can stare at the water for hours. I hate eating outside, refuse to sit out on restaurant patios but I love dining outside on the sea. Whenever we dine in the MDR I always sit by the window if we can.

I’ve hated eating outdoors until now. Months of not being able to eat in restaurants at all and just getting outdoor dining only for now has suddenly giving me a new appreciation for it. 

4 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I would only need a GS or higher if there are 3 or more people; second bathroom is a life saver. The perks are nice but often not enough to justify the sky class and up price....if it is no more than $170 per person over a balcony/Jr. Suite then yeah. I like luxury but I prefer experiences more, that money could be better spent.

I have a 2br GS on my Allure 2021, at the time of booking it was only $104 more per person than a balcony and $239 less than if we booked 2 separate rooms. Now when I become a fancy diamond + it won't matter, as I will  probably only stay in balconies or Jr. Suites. Meh, truthfully, I fell like I can fluctuate when it comes to rooms. As a solo traveler I don't need much more than a promenade interior.

Keep an eye on grand suites, there’s times when the 2bedrooms and 1 bedrooms price out the same in some itineraries. My November Oasis sailing had that quirk until someone grabbed the last 2BR this week. 

164D14C2-64AD-4139-98F9-7DC3A5A6E8E7.png

8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on the suite prices in that Harmony group cruise, still pricey, but if I see it come down I’ll be sure to mention it. 

@Andrew72681 That's how I got the 2BR GS, it was the same price as a 1BR GS, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have my own room and bathroom. I have noticed that same quirk on a few oasis class sailings. I still hate dinning outside, cruises have managed to reduce flying pest by being on the sea. Not to mention people and their dogs/kids who just wonder up to ask about the food, your hair, or other random things.

Just now, Ampurp85 said:

@Andrew72681 That's how I got the 2BR GS, it was the same price as a 1BR GS, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to have my own room and bathroom. I have noticed that same quirk on a few oasis class sailings. I still hate dinning outside, cruises have managed to reduce flying pest by being on the sea. Not to mention people and their dogs/kids who just wonder up to ask about the food, your hair, or other random things.

We must have very different hair as no one has ever stopped me to ask about my hair. 

12 hours ago, Dad2Cue said:

Is this a dangerous trend and should I stop eyeing those other suites???

lol... we had the same trend... and now I can't even THINK of booking an inside stateroom ? Even though you don't get ALL the bigger suite perks for booking a Junior Suite, you can often can make up the (some) of the difference with The Key. It made financial sense to us on our last cruise because we normally buy internet. (plus... those double points help tremendously if you're like us and only cruise once a year).  

13 hours ago, Andrew72681 said:

I’ve been keeping an eye on the suite prices in that Harmony group cruise, still pricey, but if I see it come down I’ll be sure to mention it. 

The price I got from MEI was far less than what was on Royal's website.  Even more so since I took a refundable deposit (which adds $1134 on the website).