Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Recommended Posts

Hey im going on my first cruise with my family in January and ive heard so much about the food on cococay and I was wondering a couple of things. Can you take food off of cococay back with you onto the ship? Im a small eater normally so I wouldn't be able to shove down all the great sounding food in such a short time :) also if I have the soda package will I have to pay extra for getting the soda from the Island? Ive seen a lot of people saying about a 12% fee per drink on the island. Thanks for any help im rather excited about going just not about all the food I know I am going to eat lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Solus Lupus said:

Hey im going on my first cruise with my family in January and ive heard so much about the food on cococay and I was wondering a couple of things. Can you take food off of cococay back with you onto the ship? Im a small eater normally so I wouldn't be able to shove down all the great sounding food in such a short time 🙂 also if I have the soda package will I have to pay extra for getting the soda from the Island? Ive seen a lot of people saying about a 12% fee per drink on the island. Thanks for any help im rather excited about going just not about all the food I know I am going to eat lol

Your drink package will work on the island.  I'm pretty sure the rule is you can't bring back anything that's not packaged onto the ship from the island.  Take a few bites of everything and enjoy 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Solus Lupus said:

Hey thanks for the reply I'll just have to remember that I don't have to eat all of everything. 🙂

Cruises are tough on those who are members of the Clean Plate Club..that's for sure.

I haven't gotten to partake in the food at CocoCay, but the consensus from what I've heard is the offerings at the Snack Shack are not to be missed, especially the crispy chicken sandwich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Headed to CocoCay later this month and looking forward to the new changes.

Which secret sandwich does @Matt always refer to on the podcast (and where do you get it)?

It is the crispy chicken sandwich from the Snack Shack, which I believe there might be more than one location on CCPD.  Note, at the SS, there is more than one chicken sandwich on the menu, so make sure to order the correct one.

@Solus Lupus as far as the other food on the island, it is good, but I wouldn't try and sneak food back on the ship.  Depending on which ship you are on, there are likely as good, if not better food on the ship when you get back.  You won't go hungry on any RC sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Va4fam said:

Which secret sandwich does @Matt always refer to on the podcast (and where do you get it)?

If I'm recalling properly, it's the "Chicken Parmesan."  A crispy chicken sandwich topped with Mozzarella cheese sticks and tomato sauce.  They're not on the serving line, but rumor has it that if you ask nicely and get the right person, they can make it happen for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, Solus Lupus said:

Hey im going on my first cruise with my family in January and ive heard so much about the food on cococay and I was wondering a couple of things. Can you take food off of cococay back with you onto the ship? Im a small eater normally so I wouldn't be able to shove down all the great sounding food in such a short time 🙂 also if I have the soda package will I have to pay extra for getting the soda from the Island? Ive seen a lot of people saying about a 12% fee per drink on the island. Thanks for any help im rather excited about going just not about all the food I know I am going to eat lol

Do you need to bring your soda cup and do they have the freestyle machines or just go up to the bar and show them your card w/ the package imprinted on it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Srp431 said:

Do you need to bring your soda cup and do they have the freestyle machines or just go up to the bar and show them your card w/ the package imprinted on it?

No Freestyle machines, thus no need for the cup. Showing the card with the package is sufficient. Not sure if presenting the cup would avoid have having to show the card.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 7, 2019 at 3:38 PM, Ken23 said:

It is the crispy chicken sandwich from the Snack Shack, which I believe there might be more than one location on CCPD.  Note, at the SS, there is more than one chicken sandwich on the menu, so make sure to order the correct one.

@Solus Lupus as far as the other food on the island, it is good, but I wouldn't try and sneak food back on the ship.  Depending on which ship you are on, there are likely as good, if not better food on the ship when you get back.  You won't go hungry on any RC sailing.

I wasn't planning on trying to sneak anything. What I wanted to know was if it was allowed to take food back. Im guessing it's not. Thanks everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 3:38 PM, Ken23 said:

It is the crispy chicken sandwich from the Snack Shack, which I believe there might be more than one location on CCPD.  Note, at the SS, there is more than one chicken sandwich on the menu, so make sure to order the correct one.

Want to make sure we ask for the "right" one - what it the "wrong" one?  (Is one crispy and the other grilled?  Or is one spicy and the other not?  Or...?)

Thanks!!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, marti314 said:

Am i the only person who feels like the chicken sandwich is pretty much just like the Wendys 99 cent chicken sandwich?  I know being at CocoCay and being at wendys are vastly different but am i missing something with that sandwich?  

Food is personal.  Nothing wrong with not being a fan of a particular sandwich.  

PS - whenever I've ordered a wendy's chicken sandwich it never looks like that or the sandwich they are currently providing at Snack Shack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nopa Notaway said:

Want to make sure we ask for the "right" one - what it the "wrong" one?  (Is one crispy and the other grilled?  Or is one spicy and the other not?  Or...?)

There's a plain crispy chicken sandwich and there's one dressed with a special aoili sauce.

There's also a hidden menu option for a chicken parmesan sandwich..basically they service mozzarella sticks there that come with marinara for dipping..top the plain chicken sandwich with that and a couple of mozzarella sticks and voila..chicken parmesan sandwich.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

There's a plain crispy chicken sandwich and there's one dressed with a special aoili sauce.

There's also a hidden menu option for a chicken parmesan sandwich..basically they service mozzarella sticks there that come with marinara for dipping..top the plain chicken sandwich with that and a couple of mozzarella sticks and voila..chicken parmesan sandwich.

Thanks!!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 3:18 PM, Solus Lupus said:

Hey im going on my first cruise with my family in January and ive heard so much about the food on cococay and I was wondering a couple of things. Can you take food off of cococay back with you onto the ship? Im a small eater normally so I wouldn't be able to shove down all the great sounding food in such a short time 🙂 also if I have the soda package will I have to pay extra for getting the soda from the Island? Ive seen a lot of people saying about a 12% fee per drink on the island. Thanks for any help im rather excited about going just not about all the food I know I am going to eat lol

I believe there is a value-added tax when you buy a drink a la carte on Coco Cay (without a drink package).  I think my son's Coco Loco was over $15 when everything was added in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, marti314 said:

Am i the only person who feels like the chicken sandwich is pretty much just like the Wendys 99 cent chicken sandwich?  I know being at CocoCay and being at wendys are vastly different but am i missing something with that sandwich?  

image.png.a0709d3b20ef20063937e0981976ec11.png

I have found the Snack Shack crispy chicken sandwich to be more similar to the Shake Shack chicken sandwich. Which, PS, I’m a fan of. I was impressed by how well the sandwich traveled too. I had it when we were in a cabana and I was taking an exploratory walk when the food came. I was about 20 mins late for the sandwich (after cabana delivery. Lord knows the travel time from snack shack to there) and it was still quite good. Now. The free bonus drink I got due to a bar error might have had SOME effect on my sandwich enjoyment, but I maintain it was yummy! I was also shocked by how well the fries traveled. Not the mozzarella sticks. They are good, but eat them first!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Jess4214 said:

Funnel Cakes at the Snack Shack then top it off with soft serve ice cream! 

I laugh so hard when I think about my hubby and I trying to make this work! I knew where the icecream machine was, he knew where the funnel cakes were, so we decided to tag team it. The icecream was melting down my arm as I made my way toward him in thew beautiful 85 degree weather, and he didn't see me at first, all he saw was me running up and plopping the icecream onto the funnel cakes!! We laughed so hard! So, the better way to do it, is to bring the funnel cake to the icecream machine...unfortunately is wasn't as obvious to us at the time LOL. It made for a great moment and some laughs by some passing by. 😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 8:50 PM, spiralqueen said:

I have found the Snack Shack crispy chicken sandwich to be more similar to the Shake Shack chicken sandwich. Which, PS, I’m a fan of. I was impressed by how well the sandwich traveled too.

I found exactly the opposite - I felt that the crispy sandwich and fries delivered did not travel well, and sitting in the box it just steamed itself and became uncrispy.  I still liked the flavor, but I'm much more likely to try to grab my own and make sure it's not steaming in a box.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I found exactly the opposite - I felt that the crispy sandwich and fries delivered did not travel well, and sitting in the box it just steamed itself and became uncrispy.  I still liked the flavor, but I'm much more likely to try to grab my own and make sure it's not steaming in a box.

That’s so odd! I wonder if they were using the same boxes? This is what mine looked like in the box. It was a semi cardboard/recycled paper type box which I felt let it breath a bit more than the old plastic ones. 41926172-8BC8-4803-BBAD-40EC72B7050C.thumb.jpeg.cf9e45cd06ec35d87a786312ffc1de26.jpeg
 

Maybe we were just lucky and had our cabana attendant deliver it immediately after it was prepared so it wasn’t sitting around as long? We were also pretty close to the snack shack so there wasn’t a very long way to travel with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...