Matt

Good news if you have been dreaming of west coast cruises

So after the next drydock in singapore in may 2021 Voyager schedule according to Port bookings are as follows

Darwin - June 01

Brisbane - June 08

Sydney - June 10

Honolulu - June 21 arrive departing June 22.

Then I guess on to LA after that.

On 12/22/2019 at 1:29 AM, bretts173 said:

So after the next drydock in singapore in may 2021 Voyager schedule according to Port bookings are as follows

Darwin - June 01

Brisbane - June 08

Sydney - June 10

Honolulu - June 21 arrive departing June 22.

Then I guess on to LA after that.

Maui just added her on June 23 

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22213-los-angeles-plans-two-new-cruise-terminals.html

5000 passengers....obviously referring to an Oasis Class ship. Would be nice...but no other ports on the West Coast or Mexican Riviera can handle that size. So unless Royal is working with the Port as well as other ports down the line...there would be tendering galore at every destination, if something like this comes to fruition.

Neitherless, would be nice.....

2 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/22213-los-angeles-plans-two-new-cruise-terminals.html

5000 passengers....obviously referring to an Oasis Class ship. Would be nice...but no other ports on the West Coast or Mexican Riviera can handle that size. So unless Royal is working with the Port as well as other ports down the line...there would be tendering galore at every destination, if something like this comes to fruition.

Neitherless, would be nice.....

Oasis class ships do not tender.No tender no Cabo! Quantum class makes more sense. 

23 minutes ago, crazytaxman said:

If this is true, would love to see a 7 night or longer cruise.

Me too. I think 3 and 4 nights is a little short for me. But maybe they have to test the waters and see if it’s profitable first. 

7 hours ago, crazytaxman said:

Would love to also see Royal be creative with their itineraries. A person can only go to the same ports so many times.

That's kind of hard to do out of California. Carnival branded ships do the same ports because that's all there is.  That's exactly the problem with California cruising, nowhere to go but the same ports.  

Voyager or any Royal ship will bring some relief and sneak away some cruisers from Carnival brands in the short term just so they can try something different but it will be the same ports.

16 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

Wonder when Royal will confirm this...obviously, not showing on their site... 

Looking at the deployment schedule sometime before April would be my guess. 

On 1/24/2020 at 10:14 PM, Zambia-Zaire said:

Royal would do wonders with a private island(natural or man-made) or private resort on the Mexican Riviera 

I think it's needed to stay competitive. I remember Carnival looked at doing this back around 2010 but nothing came of it. 

On ‎2020‎/‎01‎/‎24 at 8:33 AM, GlowTheWeird said:

Can’t wait til these are available to book....  Gives the west coaster that royal ‘fix’ til we can get across the nation for a longer cruise. 

Totally agree! So jealous of those folks who are able to take an uber down to the port for a weekend getaway cruise  

Interesting.  The Royal app has Quantum in Singapore on March 8 - 13 then Los Angeles on Mar 9 - 13 with Catalina Island listed as the next port.

March 8 - 12 Singapore  
March 9 - 13 Los Angeles next port Catalina
March 13 - 18 Singapore
March 16 - 20 Los Angeles next port Catalina
March 18 - 22 Singapore
March 20 - 23 Los Angeles next port Ensenada 
March 22 - 27 Singapore
March 23 - 27  Los Angeles next port Catalina
March 27 - 30 Singapore
March 30 - Apr 3  Los Angeles next port Catalina
Mar 31 - Apr 3 Singapore
Apr 3 - 6 Los Angeles next port Ensenada 

I think the Singapore listings are the original cruises but the Los Angeles ones?  Who knows?

IMG_6132.thumb.JPG.6c57858c8cca86a8ec311e8aee8a98f9.JPGIMG_6131.thumb.JPG.fdcdce750b399ccf5bb63c8c2a337845.JPG

Voyager for 2021, Quantum for 2020. I wonder where if Voyager will also head West this summer after the Australian season with everything happening in Singapore, Hong Kong, and Shanghai (all three of Voyager's planned homeports)...

Voyager would be next year I think. It looks like they're thinking about getting Quantum out of Asia for this March. Don't blame them, but wouldn't it be hard to fill sailings this close in?

6 minutes ago, Vangrizz said:

Voyager would be next year I think. It looks like they're thinking about getting Quantum out of Asia for this March. Don't blame them, but wouldn't it be hard to fill sailings this close in?

Yes, but that means good prices.  🙂 

Millennium is coming over early to do some free first responder cruises then they added some Pacific Northwest and Alaska cruises starting April 20.  Rates are pretty good, $349 pp for 5 nights.  Verandah, Concierge and Aqua class are all the same price at $499 pp.  Plus she is recently revolutionized.