Royalnewbie96

Symphony of the Seas 10/12/2019 Star Loft Suite! Star class experience!

My first ever cruise and we are going all out! Me, my best friend and her sister are going on Symphony of the seas on October 12/ 2019! We are staying in a 2 Bedroom Aquatheatre Suite and are so excited to see what this trip has to offer! I will be keeping everyone up to date here! 

19 minutes ago, MotleyCruiser said:

Talk about ALL OUT!! You're going to spoil cruising for the rest of your life or go broke chasing the Suite Life.!?

We actually found it reasonable for what it was. Cost just over 20k for the 3 of us. Compared to some other luxury vacations we have taken this was a no brainer. 

1 minute ago, AshleyDillo said:

I sailed the the 2-bedroom ATS on Symphony last November.  If you have any questions about the ship, Star Class, or the cabin feel free to ask!

What cabin did you have? Overall how was the experience in your opinion? 

I find the questionnaire to be absurd and a waste of time for the most part.  The only parts that make any sense to fill out are the ones about what I like to eat and drink and the kinds of hours I like to keep.  Most of the time I don't think the Genie even reads them although I have read of a few people who believe that they do.

I'm sure you've "heard" me say this before but one aspect of Star Class that I do NOT enjoy are the constant interruptions.  They seem to be knocking, ringing, calling every five seconds for one thing or another - particularly at the beginning of the cruise.  One of the comments that I made to Yen on our last SC cruises was to please try and minimize the interruptions and I don't know what she did, but it worked !  We had almost no interruptions that first day.  It's so important just to relax and unwind and if you have to be popping up every few minutes it's just not relaxing at all.  That is particularly true in the 2-story suites when you are upstairs trying to take a nap or just relax and someone knocks on the door.  We got to where we didn't even answer.  We just let them either come on in or turn away and leave.  People will often remark, "it doesn't matter what kind of room I have b/c I don't spend much time there".  That really isn't true when you are in a big suite.  You WANT to be there and spend time there intentionally.  It's just nice to have some privacy.  You don't always get that with SC.

I just want to call out @Matt and @Lovetocruise2002; we now have a new leader in the "head start" for live blogs -- this thread was started 53 days before sail date!!

C'mon, you two, quit slacking! 😂🤣

@Royalnewbie96, definitely appreciate your enthusiasm for this! I know it's really early to say, but have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

They seem to be knocking, ringing, calling every five seconds for one thing or another - particularly at the beginning of the cruise. 

I found the first day to be particularly hectic (compared to non-Star class) but after that, I did not notice too many interruptions other than room service delivery.

and the plot thickens...... 

Today, for fun, I decided to take a look at what was available for suites on our sailing. I noticed that the Star Loft Suite 1722 (the one we were originally booked before changing to aquatheare) had plummeted by $3500! It now only costed 400 more per person (3 of us going) to upgrade and this seemed like a no brainer, so now we are going to the highly coveted 17th floor! so so so excited!!! Will keep everyone in the loop once we get a little closer. We have booked a suite in the 1 Hotel South Beach for 3 nights prior to sailing!

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

No, I meant privacy in the cabin because it doesn’t have a second bedroom.

ahhhhhhh thought you were referring to the lack of privacy on the balcony on the other star loft! But yes, that is the one drawback but at least there is a curtain lol