Jump to content
Biggiojr

Royal Caribbean Survey

Recommended Posts

I am a long time follower on here and this is my first time posting but I thought this was interesting, I just received an email saying 

 

Dear Valued Guest,

We are inviting a select group of guests to participate in a survey from Royal Caribbean!

We deeply value your feedback and would love to learn more about you and hear your thoughts on cruising. It's our goal to continue to exceed the expectations of guests just like you, so we hope you'll make your opinion count.

This survey will take no more than 5 minutes to complete and we thank you for your time.

 

It went on to talk about cruise history and what ports I have been to, which ports I liked better and for what reason. One of the ports that they started going into more detailed questions was about Falmouth Jamaica. I had been there one time and I had no excursions I just kind of walked around the port and then went back on the ship. The questions were, would you be interested in visiting a beach club that was for Royal Caribbean guests only? what would your top 5 things be available at the beach club, and it gave a list of about 15-20 items. With many more questions relating to that. One of the Final questions was very specific in asking. What would you expect to get for a Royal Caribbean guest only beach club in Falmouth Jamaica for $39.99? and again it asked you to pick 5 things from a list of 15-20.

 

I am not as experienced in cruising as a lot of people on here, like I said earlier this is only my first ever post. I just thought this was interesting and it very well may have nothing to do with anything but it was very specific that maybe Royal is thinking about adding a beach club to Falmouth Jamaica and was wondering how many people would book it.

Did anyone else get this email as well?

 

Thank you,

Neil

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I got a similar survey email about a week ago.  Mine was slightly different as it wanted some opinions about Coco Cay.  In the end it sounded like they are trying to decide whether to do overnight stays in CoCo Cay (or maybe Grand Bahama).

At any rate, it is almost certainly a legitimate survey and you should be fine for completing it.  We get them every-so-often

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biggiojr @WAAAYTOOO

For any survey related emails you get from or for Royal, make sure to at least look at them-don't delete until you check it first. I got one about Cococay. They requested that I take some pictures and describe our visit there. In return they gave a $75 Amazon gift card. My information to them was due no later than the day after we returned and I had the gift card less than 7 days after that. It was well worth the few minutes spent....and Cococay was magnificent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When I finished my last cruise, Royal Caribbean sent me a survey, but because I had no connection at my next vacation spot,
when I went to complete it, it had expired.

I have requested that the survey be sent again, but for the moment I have not received an answer.

I would like, as always, to express my opinion about the things and people that I liked and also, of course, about things
that I consider necessary to be improved or modified.

We'll see if I receive the Royal Caribbean mail again with the survey. I think it is very positive that they
want to have our opinion and, therefore, we should always answer.

Regards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Biggiojr  Hi and Welcome to the RCB forums!

Thanks for the info.  Falmouth has never been my favorite stop.  But I must say it was where we had one of the most memorable excursions ever.  We rode horseback (no saddle) while our horses swam in the water.  It was incredible.  It was where I learned how strong a horse really was.  Also, the term horsepower will forever mean something different to me now.

I just checked to see if I had been sent a survey, but did not find any.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MDIAZ72 said:
I would like, as always, to express my opinion about the things and people that I liked and also, of course, about things
that I consider necessary to be improved or modified.

We'll see if I receive the Royal Caribbean mail again with the survey. I think it is very positive that they want to have our opinion and, therefore, we should always answer.

If you do not get another survey emailed to you, certainly make your opinions heard anyway by emailing  [email protected]rccl.com  Michael Bayley is the RCI President & CEO and someone representing his office will most likely respond. If nothing else, at least those employees that you wish to praise will be recognized.

 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rather than going straight to the top of the company and spamming his inbox, the Crown and Anchor Society can also be used to questions,, concerns, compliments or complaints that don't warrant involving the CEO.  I try to save that email address for when I really need it.

[email protected]rccl.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This post reminded me of something I should have posted back in February. Before our 1/27 cruise on Freedom of the Seas, we were invited by email to have an in-person survey/Q&A on embarkation day regarding Royal Caribbean and the C&A Society.

We were joined by another couple (coincidentally, also from Michigan) and a Royal representative who asked us questions regarding various topics about RC as experienced cruisers.

WE were able to give them our opinions (and maybe frustrations) about the new website, C&A benefits, possible travel arrangements through RC, drinks, dining, entertainment, possible new incentives/perks, etc. The whole thing took about 20-30 minutes and, in return, we were given a $50 Amex gift card and refreshments during.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

Last week I have received an email from [email protected]rccl.com with a link to complete a survey. The link is the following: www.royalcaribbean.com/esurvey

You have to fill some info about the cruise (ship, date of sailing, stateroom number, etc.) and after that you'll find some questions to give a value between 0-10 and at the end you'll have a text box to write your opinion, etc.

Unfortunately without gifts  😉

Regards

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 10:46 AM, SPS said:

This post reminded me of something I should have posted back in February. Before our 1/27 cruise on Freedom of the Seas, we were invited by email to have an in-person survey/Q&A on embarkation day regarding Royal Caribbean and the C&A Society.

We were joined by another couple (coincidentally, also from Michigan) and a Royal representative who asked us questions regarding various topics about RC as experienced cruisers.

WE were able to give them our opinions (and maybe frustrations) about the new website, C&A benefits, possible travel arrangements through RC, drinks, dining, entertainment, possible new incentives/perks, etc. The whole thing took about 20-30 minutes and, in return, we were given a $50 Amex gift card and refreshments during.

This is awesome.

 

I would LOVE for Royal to let us talk to them; not that we are at all unhappy but I think it's great that you could

actually talk to an RC representative.  That would mean so much more to me than completing a meaningless

survey that doesn't allow for good, constructive comments.  I would absolutely do that, and they wouldn't 

even have to give me a gift card (although I love the refreshments part 😉 )

 

Maybe I should invite Mr. Bayley over to the house for dinner and we could have a nice chat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 11:56 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes, I got a similar survey email about a week ago.  Mine was slightly different as it wanted some opinions about Coco Cay.  In the end it sounded like they are trying to decide whether to do overnight stays in CoCo Cay (or maybe Grand Bahama).

At any rate, it is almost certainly a legitimate survey and you should be fine for completing it.  We get them every-so-often

We received one, as well, that focused on Coco Cay.  The part of the survey that bothers me the most has to do with the question about whether we were informed about the survey by any cruise staff and we don't want to get anyone in trouble but our waiter made a point (belabored) that we would receive a survey and he has to have high ratings or could have consequences. Anyone else having this experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sea Turtle said:

We received one, as well, that focused on Coco Cay.  The part of the survey that bothers me the most has to do with the question about whether we were informed about the survey by any cruise staff and we don't want to get anyone in trouble but our waiter made a point (belabored) that we would receive a survey and he has to have high ratings or could have consequences. Anyone else having this experience?

In 14 cruises I heard that once, but in a more pleasant way.  On the others, they just emphasized it was important to answer the survey.  They also solicited feedback during the cruise, which is a good policy.  They wanted to know what we liked or didn't like so they could exceed our expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2019 at 1:16 PM, Sea Turtle said:

The part of the survey that bothers me the most has to do with the question about whether we were informed about the survey by any cruise staff and we don't want to get anyone in trouble but our waiter made a point (belabored) that we would receive a survey and he has to have high ratings or could have consequences.

If the question simply asked if you were told about the survey, the answer is YES.  

This is a common question asked on customer service surveys as for some businesses soliciting feedback from customers is made a priority and the employees are trained to ask for it.  I know I've had cashiers at the supermarket circle a survey at the bottom of a receipt and Kohl's always points it out to me.  Begging for high remarks isn't the intention of pointing out the survey, but if the question is simply asking if you were told about it you will not be getting anyone in trouble by answering truthfully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...