Royal Caribbean Blog

The cost of Surf and Stream has dropped for at least 2 cruises.

For the President's Cruise (09-29) on the Harmony, Surf and Stream is down to $10.79 a day.

The Symphony T/A (10-28), Surf and Stream is $11.99 daily.

Check your Cruise Planners, fellow propellerheads and save some coin.

Update:  Still active for these cruises, possibly more, as of August 24.

Edited by 4ensic
Update Availability.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Geez, that never happens.  

Mandatory hamster union break.  They are all back on their wheels now. This is how Royal IT powers the website:

Everyone re-check your prices on VOOM again, before this sale ends. I happened to look just now to see if the sale had ended and prices went back up, but in fact the sale is still on and my price for

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can you make phone calls with this package or just text to home... USA? 

Voom is a data plan and doesn't allow directly for calling or texting on its own. 

If your phone can do Internet calling, this package will provide it.

But for the majority of phones you need a Voice Over IP (VOIP) app like Skype, Viber, or WhatsApp.  If you use a MagicJack or an Ooma for your home phone, the respective app will work fine with your home number.

For texting, the free Google Voice numbers work well, also.

27 minutes ago, Alex said:

Can you make phone calls with this package or just text to home... USA? 

It depends on your phone and carrier.  Voom is a wifi plan only, much like you may have at home with your wifi router.  

Many US based post-paid cell phones support wifi calling (TMobile, Verizon, ATT, Sprint, etc). 

Right now at home I can turn on airplane and connect to my home wifi, then place calls just like I can when airplane mode is off.  If you can do the that, at home, right now, you are all set.  If not you can talk to your cell phone provider or use a wifi calling app such as those that @4ensic mentioned.  

I found Magicjack to work, but not great compared to my native TMobile wifi calling capable phone.  

Agreed... go check it out, folks!  My cruise (Allure, Sept 16) just dropped the price from $15.99 a day to $11.99 a day.  I just had checked the price yesterday.  Both offers listed it as a 20% discount, which makes it appear that they've dropped the base price.

I'm booking mine right now just in case it's a glitch.

Good stuff!!!!

Jon

I just checked my upcoming Harmony cruise for the internet price.  It is on sale for $19.99 per day for 2 devices.  I don't think I have ever seen the 2 device plan that low (but I could be wrong).  We are diamond plus.  Is this cruise planner sale today better than buying onboard with the DP discount?  I was planning to wait until day 2 onboard per @twangster's suggestion, but now I don't know if that is the best price.  Please help. 

15 minutes ago, Dawn T. said:

I just checked my upcoming Harmony cruise for the internet price.  It is on sale for $19.99 per day for 2 devices.  I don't think I have ever seen the 2 device plan that low (but I could be wrong).  We are diamond plus.  Is this cruise planner sale today better than buying onboard with the DP discount?  I was planning to wait until day 2 onboard per @twangster's suggestion, but now I don't know if that is the best price.  Please help. 

I would jump on that one!!!

23 minutes ago, Dawn T. said:

Not sure about the D+ discount factor (you have to wait for @twangster to chime in on that one) but it is never $19.99/day for 2 devices.  I would grab it now and then cancel it later if needed.  

22 minutes ago, mworkman said:

I'm having issues getting the RCCL site to load...anyone else?

Just now, KLA said:

I am as well. Confirmed on multiple browsers. 

I can access my cruise planner on 2 of my 4 bookings.  The other 2 lead me back to the sign in page...

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I can access my cruise planner on 2 of my 4 bookings.  The other 2 lead me back to the sign in page...

Just now, mworkman said:

@KLA This is all i get.

Screen Shot 2018-08-24 at 8.22.38 AM.png

I'm getting the same as @mworkman - clearing cache doesn't resolve it either. 

It looks like I can get to the Cruise Planner the back way but they must be updating the main site. 

10 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan said:

I've been having the same problem on and off for the last week

Me too, but I just signed in Incognito and it finally worked! Thank you @4ensic for the heads up!  I just cancelled and rebooked our Voom for our feb cruise.  Saved $32.40!  That pays for at least one picture right??? LOL

7 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Me too, but I just signed in Incognito and it finally worked! Thank you @4ensic for the heads up!  I just cancelled and rebooked our Voom for our feb cruise.  Saved $32.40!  That pays for at least one picture right??? LOL

Yep, that works.  Still the same base price of 19.99 for the GC.  But 20% off right now so $15.99.

1 hour ago, Dawn T. said:

The two device plans are harder to calculate because there can be greater variance on-board.  Based on what I have have captured in the past, the two device plan on-board is often $18.99 per device for Surf and Stream, full voyage.   That's $37.98 for two devices total.

889720066_VoomDayPass.jpeg.57fef23d2cc447717cb0834829b7fa8d.jpeg

Consequently getting it for $19.99 total including two devices in the cruise planner is pretty close to the 50% off on-board prices they are suggesting in the cruise planner and a very good deal.  Just make sure you only apply it to one person.  If you select both people when checking out you are actually buying two, two device plans for a total of four devices.

1008216677_voomcpsale2devicesaug2018.jpeg.b73a634157d194f8cdeede6827997ff4.jpeg

For an upcoming 9 night cruise with my friend's daughter I am buying it at this price and saving $115 versus on-board using D+ discount.

@4ensic  Thanks for the heads up!  I checked out my 3 cruises.  

November cruise has Voom for 1 device at $10.79 and 4 devices $29.99!  Booked that one as I don't think I've ever seen a better price!

March cruise Voom for 1 device is $15.99 and 4 devices $54.36.  Haven't bought that one yet.  

May cruise Voom for 1 device is $15.99.  I'm waiting on this one too.