What kind of cruiser are you?

JLMoran

If you haven't seen, @Matt posted a blog article about a survey that Royal put together with Meyers-Briggs to work out what kind of cruiser you are and what your ideal adventure location is. I took the quiz at http://www.myadventurepersonality.com/ and here's my result: http://www.myadventurepersonality.com/relaxation-artist/?id=68&q11=116&q12=125&q13=127

5a5f48f45f492_RelaxationArtist.thumb.png.f835f7d8968270ecc0f46551cf7b5de4.png

I particularly found this part both amusing and ironic:

5a5f4993ecbe5_IdealAdventureDestination.png.4fa4e2a777d2be5aca3e86f0d2090ce5.png

Guess what itinerary I've been looking at for the last six months, and where my wife wants to go for 2019? :4_joy:

So how about everyone else? Come one, take the quiz and share with us your results!

Since this was done with help from Meyers-Briggs, might as well also share that I'm an INTJ; if you've taken the Meyers-Briggs test, you'll know what that means. And if you've read my posts, you'll know it fits me to a T! :3_grin:

Guest toodle68

I find surveys like this difficult because it depends on the trip.  For example, we are going to the UK for 18 days later this year. I have a spreadsheet, already found great B&B's in the area's we are traveling to and will have a set nightly schedule.. but, there is flexibility built in and we can still change a few items.  It is a lot harder to free roam in Europe for a planned trip.  However, there are other vacations where we just jump in the car and head out..  For cruises, we have a rough schedule and then make it up as we go..

I am finding that as the vacations become more expensive, I am doing a lot more planning to maximize the trips and squeezeh ever ounce of value from it.

However, I got relaxation artist, even though we avoid the beach and generally look to be active.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Guess what itinerary I've been looking at for the last six months, and where my wife wants to go for 2019? :4_joy:

Joe, did you look at the July 20th 2019 sailing on adventure out of Bayonne? It's very reasonable, it's only 6 nights but great itinerary? Wasn't sure if you saw it. I booked it last week.

33 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Joe, did you look at the July 20th 2019 sailing on adventure out of Bayonne? It's very reasonable, it's only 6 nights but great itinerary? Wasn't sure if you saw it. I booked it last week.

See my other thread on this itinerary, @Boston Babe. My wife was looking at the May departure for this itinerary, that leaves over Memorial Day weekend. Even less expensive, I'm just wondering about the weather in Saint Johns and Halifax that early in the season, and whether we should book a little later to get better conditions for touring and sightseeing.

19 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

See my other thread on this itinerary, @Boston Babe. My wife was looking at the May departure for this itinerary, that leaves over Memorial Day weekend. Even less expensive, I'm just wondering about the weather in Saint Johns and Halifax that early in the season, and whether we should book a little later to get better conditions for touring and sightseeing

Oh I missed that thread, we were away for the weekend and playing catch up!  we were going to go in sept out of Baltimore but I thought the same thing, summer clothes then fall clothes but we are also celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary in July so we booked that one. I think it's still probably cool there but warmer than May but not sure. Let me know what you decide! At least she wants to cruise! LOL 

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

See my other thread on this itinerary, @Boston Babe. My wife was looking at the May departure for this itinerary, that leaves over Memorial Day weekend. Even less expensive, I'm just wondering about the weather in Saint Johns and Halifax that early in the season, and whether we should book a little later to get better conditions for touring and sightseeing.

While it may not be snowing in late May, it won't be very warm either.  You'll still need long sleeves and pants and probably a jacket.  High temps avg to around 15 degrees Celsius there.  That's around high 50s in Fahrenheit.....