Star of The Seas Route

Yep. Eastern/Western with Perfect Day thrown in. Yada, yada, yada. 

Eastern you’ll have a choice of St Maarten or St Kitts with St Thomas. Ask me how I know lol 

seriously just look at Icon. Same itineraries. These big girls are very limited where they can go. 

10 hours ago, Jill said:

Yep. Eastern/Western with Perfect Day thrown in. Yada, yada, yada. 

Eastern you’ll have a choice of St Maarten or St Kitts with St Thomas. Ask me how I know lol 

seriously just look at Icon. Same itineraries. These big girls are very limited where they can go. 

Yep. Same ole same ole 

I mean really where else can the big girls go? I could do the same East/West routes 1000 times and never get tired of the open air bus rides through the St Thomas hills, the downtown in St Maarten or South Beach in PDCC. It’s the epitome of the cruising experience especially that return to the ship after a long sun soaked day on a shore excursion. Cruise life

34 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I mean really where else can the big girls go? I could do the same East/West routes 1000 times and never get tired of the open air bus rides through the St Thomas hills, the downtown in St Maarten or South Beach in PDCC. It’s the epitome of the cruising experience especially that return to the ship after a long sun soaked day on a shore excursion. Cruise life

Yep. We have similar feelings. We may have some different excursion preferences but I could do several of the ones we enjoy over and over. Going back on one in St. Maarten in March for the 1st time in what will be 7 years and looking forward to it!

Then again, I have gone on cruises and never left the ship except for CocoCay and enjoyed those too.

Totally understandable that others like to try new ports and excursions. To each his own.

6 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Also feels like what a stereotypical cruise is and perfect for first timers which I think is part of what they are targeting 

Hopefully once they get all 3 icon class ships at least one goes somewhere else just for variety but I get why they are putting Icon, Star, and Utopias where they are

27 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Did you get a star class booking for the Icon inaugural? If so, that’s pretty awesome! 

Notice my "haha" reaction!

There is no way I can swing that. Maybe if prices come down in a few years. 

TBH, I didn't even know if we could swing this inaugural. I was a maybe for the longest time. It's sandwiched between two big "YOLO Book It", go big or go home sailings (OY this month, and OA in March). But in the end, Hubby said we have to go because we can usually never do inaugurals (inflexible timing due to teaching), and this isn't just any inaugural, it's the dawn of a new class. We've only done one other inaugural, it was Oasis, also at the time the dawn of a new class. So here we are, stuck in kid zone, but happy to be going! lol

The Star inaugural is a different story. I am not sold on going, but Hubby wants to see what the prices are like. Either way, I told my TA, I cannot be stuck in kid zone again 😁

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Notice my "haha" reaction!

There is no way I can swing that. Maybe if prices come down in a few years. 

TBH, I didn't even know if we could swing this inaugural. I was a maybe for the longest time. It's sandwiched between two big "YOLO Book It", go big or go home sailings (OY this month, and OA in March). But in the end, Hubby said we have to go because we can usually never do inaugurals (inflexible timing due to teaching), and this isn't just any inaugural, it's the dawn of a new class. We've only done one other inaugural, it was Oasis, also at the time the dawn of a new class. So here we are, stuck in kid zone, but happy to be going! lol

The Star inaugural is a different story. I am not sold on going, but Hubby wants to see what the prices are like. Either way, I told my TA, I cannot be stuck in kid zone again 😁

I would say inaugural star class or not on Icon is going to be simply amazing! We are booked on Icon for the kids spring break in March as well as our epic annual family Thanksgiving cruise. I am anticipating your live blog and review so I know what to expect in March!

14 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

I am anticipating your live blog and review so I know what to expect in March!

Oh yeah…that…I wasn’t even sure if I was going to do one. 
Maybe @AshleyDillo @CGTLH @SpeedNoodles and whoever else is going will all want to do a combined live blog 😉

23 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yep. We have similar feelings. We may have some different excursion preferences but I could do several of the ones we enjoy over and over. Going back on one in St. Maarten in March for the 1st time in what will be 7 years and looking forward to it!

Then again, I have gone on cruises and never left the ship except for CocoCay and enjoyed those too.

Totally understandable that others like to try new ports and excursions. To each his own.

We are definitely those other people- we decided that the ship is secondary to where we actually go. After two times at PDCC this year, we have no interest in making that a destination in the near future. The selection of ports are why the ease of NJ kind of gets passed and we still look at FL for cruises... I don't think I can do PC\Nassau\PDCC over and over again, no matter what ship it's on- we realllly want to try the MSC Meraviglia from NJ...but its the same cruise we just took on Oasis with a different private island...so we are pushing that option back to at least 2025.  Luckily we can do a Bermuda from NJ, which will be a new port to us- we'd rather downsize the ship (although Liberty isn't exactly tiny) rather than keep going on the Oasis class ships that we love just to keep going back to Nassau\PDCC.  Not saying we WON'T do that route again, we're all booked up for 2024, we most likely will in a year or so once we see what ships are coming back up to NJ in '25. I WOULD love to check out Symphony or Wonder eventually.

29 minutes ago, ScottD said:

We are definitely those other people- we decided that the ship is secondary to where we actually go. After two times at PDCC this year, we have no interest in making that a destination in the near future. The selection of ports are why the ease of NJ kind of gets passed and we still look at FL for cruises... I don't think I can do PC\Nassau\PDCC over and over again, no matter what ship it's on- we realllly want to try the MSC Meraviglia from NJ...but its the same cruise we just took on Oasis with a different private island...so we are pushing that option back to at least 2025.  Luckily we can do a Bermuda from NJ, which will be a new port to us- we'd rather downsize the ship (although Liberty isn't exactly tiny) rather than keep going on the Oasis class ships that we love just to keep going back to Nassau\PDCC.  Not saying we WON'T do that route again, we're all booked up for 2024, we most likely will in a year or so once we see what ships are coming back up to NJ in '25. I WOULD love to check out Symphony or Wonder eventually.

We're booked on Odyssey out of NJ in Jan 2025. But, same old-same old itinerary as you mentioned. 

50 minutes ago, fireclan said:

We're booked on Odyssey out of NJ in Jan 2025. But, same old-same old itinerary as you mentioned. 

See... I haven't done a Quantum class ship yet, so I may be willing to do the usual run to see a new class of ship that I haven't done yet.  I would just plan a little better on what we did in the ports this time and change it up. 

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

This might be an issue if you enjoy the ease of a Florida port and are loyal to RC. The trend seems to be to route everything through PDCC lately and I guess that makes good business sense for the company. This might be an instance where you alternate on the competition. 

On 12/2/2023 at 3:34 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Oh yeah…that…I wasn’t even sure if I was going to do one. 
Maybe @AshleyDillo @CGTLH @SpeedNoodles and whoever else is going will all want to do a combined live blog 😉

We can do a combined moderators' blog!!