Star of the Seas will be sailing from Port Canaveral Summer 2025

16 minutes ago, ScottD said:

Maybe Wonder is finally heading to Asia! 

Based on a reliable source, Wonder will be doing 3/4's just like Utopia will be doing. One will stay at PC and the other will go to either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

It should be part of the short Caribbean release the week of February 12th.

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Based on a reliable source, Wonder will be doing 3/4's just like Utopia is now. One will stay at PC and the other will go to either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

It should be part of the short Caribbean release the week of February 12th.

And Utopia ? 

Ft Lauderdale is Oasis 

Miami is Icon 

One of them should go to Cape Liberty anyway 

11 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

They're just on a quest to make all of the PC options more and more $$ for @OCSC Mike!

I can't even freeload at the expected rates. 😭

I'm just waiting for Wonder's early summer 2025 cruises to be released before Star takes over and hoping to find some remotely affordable group rates.

I really need to go on Wonder 6 or 7 times, 5 isn't enough, lol.

1 minute ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

Assuming Wonder is 3/4 that likely means we're looking at Odyssey (winter) and Symphony (Summer) again for Port Liberty.  Just through basic process of elimination.  

That's indeed possible. 

But would be unfortunate in having Symphony again in NY, which is very close port to me. 

And really unfortunate wasting 2 newer ships on short cruises. It's hard to believe that instead of like 6000 per week, they can get enough people to sail 12000 weekly. 

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

If I had to guess I would say something very similar to the current Wonder itineraries... alternating eastern/western Caribbean with CocoCay.

Yup. They can't do much else with those big ships.

I wonder if they're going to keep another Oasis class at PC do to 7-nighters? They'll have one doing the 3/4 rotations that leave on Fridays and Mondays.  That leaves Saturdays and Sundays open at Terminal 1 for 7-nighters.

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I wonder if they're going to keep another Oasis class at PC do to 7-nighters? They'll have one doing the 3/4 rotations that leave on Fridays and Mondays.  That leaves Saturdays and Sundays open at Terminal 1 for 7-nighters.

Problem with parking... 

Don't think they could fit cars from passengers. Too many people from 2 Oasis Class ships 

6 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I hope that is true! That they leave one to do 7 nighters other than Star. However, if that were true, wouldn’t that other ship have come out already with the last release for 7 night Caribbean? Which leads me to believe it’s along the lines of what @OCSC Mike and others are saying, Wonder and Utopia will be stuck doing short sailings, which is a shame IMO.

1 minute ago, Vlad said:

Problem with parking... 

Don't think they could fit cars from passengers. Too many people from 2 Oasis Class ships 

I think they're planning on expanding parking. However, I think the new garages are going to be located on the other side of Port Canaveral where the smaller ships leave from. The completion for that is expected in 2024. They only got the greenlight from the port commission in August 2023 for these garages, so it's not unimaginable that they would consider building another to support Terminal 1 with completion by 2025.

They just opened a surface lot by Terminal 1 with 1000 extra spaces to help with accommodating Allure to the schedule.

8 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

They just opened a surface lot by Terminal 1 with 1000 extra spaces to help with accommodating Allure to the schedule.

And it really increased parking.

I know I mentioned this before but I was on Allure's 1st sailing from PC. It left on a Wednesday while people were already parked at Terminal 1 for both Wonder and Indy (Indy hadn't left PC yet). I got there at noon and there was still tons of parking in the new surface lot. It's also a very convenient short walk right into the terminal where the porters are (if you don't mind being outside and uncovered).

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Both Utopia and Wonder are expected to be doing 3/4's to CocoCay/Nassau.

So @OCSC Mike @AshleyDillo @PPPJJ-GCVAB…not sure if this topic was addressed before but: Why again are they starting a new ship, Utopia, with 3/4 night sailings? What’s the thinking behind that move? We tend to like longer cruises, so are doing more B2Bs. At this rate, we’ll be into B2B2B2B2B…..and going to the same ports literally every couple of days. Not sure that’s my kind of fun. Any way, any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Royal thinks they can maximize profits this way. Short cruises are overpriced, 2 stops per week at CocoCay, etc.

Certainly are overpriced!! Do you think they will offer longer itineraries eventually? 
And since we’re in Long Island, keep sending those Big Mamas to Bayonne!! So excited Symphony will be here next year. Doing a B2B on her for our 35th anniversary in May and will be a 8/7 Nighter too. 

10 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Certainly are overpriced!! Do you think they will offer longer itineraries eventually? 
And since we’re in Long Island, keep sending those Big Mamas to Bayonne!! So excited Symphony will be here next year. Doing a B2B on her for our 35th anniversary in May and will be a 8/7 Nighter too. 

I have no idea how they will handle shuffling around Oasis class ships in the future. Anything's possible. I love Wonder (obviously) but also had a great time on Allure last month and am happy on any of them.

Enjoy Symphony! That's the only Oasis class I'm missing b/c she's never been at PC (aside from Utopia obviously).

With prices as such. Thinking more about booking Celebrity for 2025. 

They're considered premium and used to be more expensive than Royal Caribbean. But now when Royal just wants to double the prices altogether, Celebrity is cheaper on so many itineraries. And new Edge ships are pretty good. Food is better as well. 

10 minutes ago, Vlad said:

I wasn't very impressed by @AshleyDillo's recent live blog or @Matt's recent review from the same sailing but we all have our preferences.

I also love Oasis class and don't like change so there's that too. I hope Celebrity works out for you (and hope that I can afford RC in Summer 2025 and beyond, lol).

52 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

So @OCSC Mike @AshleyDillo @PPPJJ-GCVAB…not sure if this topic was addressed before but: Why again are they starting a new ship, Utopia, with 3/4 night sailings? What’s the thinking behind that move? We tend to like longer cruises, so are doing more B2Bs. At this rate, we’ll be into B2B2B2B2B…..and going to the same ports literally every couple of days. Not sure that’s my kind of fun. Any way, any thoughts?

I think they are pushing to attract new cruisers - so the new hotness, but then shorter cruises as people might be intimidated by 7+ days, so dip their tow in with the shorter cruises

9 minutes ago, Vlad said:

They're considered premium and used to be more expensive than Royal Caribbean. But now when Royal just wants to double the prices altogether, Celebrity is cheaper on so many itineraries. And new Edge ships are pretty good. Food is better as well. 

I hear ya @Vlad…we sail Celebrity a lot actually. Sailed Edge last year and going on Beyond this year. Yes, Celebrity is a bit pricier but, IMHO, you get more bang for the buck. For example, we usually upgrade to at least a GS on Royal to get the full suite experience but on Celebrity, the Sky Suite(equivalent to a JS) allows full Retreat access AND includes Premium Beverage package and Premium Wi-Fi(since my Beyond was booked prior to the change, also includes gratuities and  $800 OBC). To me, it’s worth paying more and the Edge Class ships are gorgeous. We find the food better as well.

Honestly too, Royal is out-pricing itself for Caribbean itineraries. My DH announced while we were on Wonder 2 weeks ago, that he was tiring of the Caribbean and is ready for other destinations. So Europe and Alaska, here we come. Pricing for those itineraries aren’t too bad. Celebrity Mediterranean itineraries are much more exciting and have better pricing too.

2 minutes ago, TheMaxRebo said:

I think they are pushing to attract new cruisers - so the new hotness, but then shorter cruises as people might be intimidated by 7+ days, so dip their tow in with the shorter cruises

They pushing to attract people who have no idea what's going on. They asking $1500 for 3 days cruise. It looks better then $4000, but come on people it's still a rip off... 

4 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

I hear ya @Vlad…we sail Celebrity a lot actually. Sailed Edge last year and going on Beyond this year. Yes, Celebrity is a bit pricier but, IMHO, you get more bang for the buck. For example, we usually upgrade to at least a GS on Royal to get the full suite experience but on Celebrity, the Sky Suite(equivalent to a JS) allows full Retreat access AND includes Premium Beverage package and Premium Wi-Fi(since my Beyond was booked prior to the change, also includes gratuities and  $800 OBC). To me, it’s worth paying more and the Edge Class ships are gorgeous. We find the food better as well.

Honestly too, Royal is out-pricing itself for Caribbean itineraries. My DH announced while we were on Wonder 2 weeks ago, that he was tiring of the Caribbean and is ready for other destinations. So Europe and Alaska, here we come. Pricing for those itineraries aren’t too bad. Celebrity Mediterranean itineraries are much more exciting and have better pricing too.

How did you book celebrity to get OBC? Can't really find group rates on Celebrity. Much easier with Royal.

If can't say it here, maybe private message... 

IMO the new shorter itins on the new, big ships are all about maximizing $$ as @OCSC Mike said.  I think it is a way of ensuring that there will be 2 ships at PDCC EVERY day.  By rotating the departure/turnaround days to include all weekdays, in addition to weekends, they can have more ships at PDCC during the week.  I also think that, with parking at a premium, they are better able to rotate the parking crowds in and out.  It’s all logistics for profit !  They are testing the upper limits.  We’ll see how long it takes to reach the breaking point !

17 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

I wasn't very impressed by @AshleyDillo's recent live blog or @Matt's recent review from the same sailing but we all have our preferences.

I also love Oasis class and don't like change so there's that too. I hope Celebrity works out for you (and hope that I can afford RC in Summer 2025 and beyond, lol).

Well I wasn’t impressed either with their reviews and I have been on many Celebrity ships. But what you said is very true: “we all have our preferences.” We love Celebrity but it’s not for everyone. We love it because we find it has the atmosphere we are looking for, which is less children. Not everyone would find that appealing which is fine for them. 

11 minutes ago, Vlad said:

How did you book celebrity to get OBC? Can't really find group rates on Celebrity. Much easier with Royal.

If can't say it here, maybe private message... 

I can say….We booked Beyond while on the Edge in December 2022. So we got $300 OBC for booking a Suite while onboard. Then, at that time, booking a Retreat Suite in general, got you a $400 per person OBC and then a Promo offered at the time(probably a non-refundable fare) got us another $200 per person OBC. So we wound up with like $1500 in OBCs. And you can bet your sweet bippy were a-spending it!! If you book now, they’re only offering premium drinks and Wi-Fi, no OBC or gratuities. 

14 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Well I wasn’t impressed either with their reviews and I have been on many Celebrity ships. But what you said is very true: “we all have our preferences.” We love Celebrity but it’s not for everyone. We love it because we find it has the atmosphere we are looking for, which is less children. Not everyone would find that appealing which is fine for them. 

True on all counts. That's just all I have to go on due to lack of research or other experience. Obviously lots of people like Celebrity or it wouldn't exist. Truth be told, I'd probably have a fine time on any cruise as long as there's food and drink (which of course there always will be), but some of the things Matt found lacking when comparing it to Royal matched our preferences.

Fortunately we don't mind kids (even though we have none) since my wife is a teacher and we're pretty much forced to sail with lots of them due to scheduling restraints.

EDIT: Also, I know you mentioned suites... and I think I'd enjoy the suite perks/areas on Celebrity but the only time I'm in a suite is when I'm being treated to one.

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

How about you take Star and give me Symphony? 🤣

I absolutely agree. 

Right now I'm in no rush to book any Icon class ship, I'll take any Oasis Class over Icon any day.  

For me it has nothing to do with price its just the fact Royal is really leaning in heavily into families with small children or children in general that is a buzz kill for me when it comes to Icon.  The number of children on an Oasis Class ship is about as many as I'm willing to deal with but Icon appears to take it to a whole different level.  Thanks but no thanks Royal.  I'll still with Oasis Class, Freedom Class, Quantum Class, and Voyager Class ships until project discovery comes to fruition.  I'm hoping project discovery isn't a mega class overrun with children cruise ship.