Star of the Seas will be sailing from Port Canaveral Summer 2025

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

I can't even freeload at the expected rates. 😭

I'm just waiting for Wonder's early summer 2025 cruises to be released before Star takes over and hoping to find some remotely affordable group rates.

I really need to go on Wonder 6 or 7 times, 5 isn't enough, lol.

When pondering a Thanksgiving '24 cruise  trips on Utopia and an older ship (Voyager) displayed. 4 days, Voyager 11-25, Utopia 11-26. I selected an oceanview balcony for both.

I know they're holiday cruises, but it appears the price differential between old and new is being whittled away........

11 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I absolutely agree. 

Right now I'm in no rush to book any Icon class ship, I'll take any Oasis Class over Icon any day.  

For me it has nothing to do with price its just the fact Royal is really leaning in heavily into families with small children or children in general that is a buzz kill for me when it comes to Icon.  The number of children on an Oasis Class ship is about as many as I'm willing to deal with but Icon appears to take it to a whole different level.  Thanks but no thanks Royal.  I'll still with Oasis Class, Freedom Class, Quantum Class, and Voyager Class ships until project discovery comes to fruition.  I'm hoping project discovery isn't a mega class overrun with children cruise ship.

Yea Mon!! My sentiments exactly. My brother and family(adult kids) are booked on Icon and invited us but while we love traveling with them, Icon doesn’t appeal to us right now for the exact same reasons you mentioned. I think you’re right about Icon being taken to a whole new level!! We’ll wait for Utopia. We were on Wonder for a B2B starting Nov 5 and there were a ton of kids but not too overwhelming for us. Even in the Suite Lounge, there were more kids than we were used to. And at times there were preteens just hanging out in the Suite Lounge. (I was thinking: With all the stuff for kids to do on this ship, they’re in HERE? What, for the Lattes?)Not causing noise or trouble but was just weird.😵‍💫🤔 That’s another reason we migrate over to Celebrity from time to time.

7 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Even in the Suite Lounge, there were more kids than we were used to. And at times there were preteens just hanging out in the Suite Lounge. (I was thinking: With all the stuff for kids to do on this ship, they’re in HERE? What, for the Lattes?)Not causing noise or trouble but was just weird.

Might have been my young nieces... they love their virgin daiquiris, lol.

15 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My son enjoys the suite lounge. He even asks to go up there in the middle of the day just to get some peace and quiet.

It was a ghost town on Wonder in June. At one point my extended family were the only ones in there taking up most of the bar. Got to know one of the bartenders really well... nice guy and one heck of a mixologist.

28 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I look forward to booking any room someone else wants to pay for.

That's what my bathtub comment was about. It's a running joke from a couple live blogs that stemmed from my willingness to sleep in someone's Star Class bathtub if it got me on the ship and into Star Class.

19 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

How about you take Star and give me Symphony? 🤣

oh no! you can pry symph from my cold dead fingers 🤣 she is our favorite in the fleet!! symphony is to me what wonder is to you!!

16 hours ago, SpicyCherry said:

Celebrity is a bit pricier but, IMHO, you get more bang for the buck. For example, we usually upgrade to at least a GS on Royal to get the full suite experience but on Celebrity, the Sky Suite(equivalent to a JS) allows full Retreat access AND includes Premium Beverage package and Premium Wi-Fi(since my Beyond was booked prior to the change, also includes gratuities and  $800 OBC). To me, it’s worth paying more and the Edge Class ships are gorgeous. We find the food better as well.

yes, this is kind of what we are hoping for; we booked ascent for feb 2025 because the caribbean pricing was insane and even though we are only aqua class and not a sky suite, it seemed like a really good compromise -- a step up from a junior suite because full restaurant privileges at blu vs. potential dinner only at CK -- and we are looking for an upgrade in food options. i would love a sky suite but i am not sure that it is within our realm just yet -- at least maybe not on the newest ship, anyway. the retreat intrigues me!

16 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Right now I'm in no rush to book any Icon class ship, I'll take any Oasis Class over Icon any day.

BIG SAME.

16 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

The number of children on an Oasis Class ship is about as many as I'm willing to deal with but Icon appears to take it to a whole different level.

THIS. i love kids, but we've seen an increasingly newer trend of parents seemingly letting their kids roam the ship free like it's their house. i can't imagine what that is going ot be like on icon class, although i do think they are smart in dedicating surfside for a majority of the kid-focused stuff.

royal does very well with the neighborhood concept, so this would be another feather in their cap.

and like others and @WAAAYTOOO said, the shorter itineraries make it easy for them to do double the cococay stops and maximize profits.

anyway, long story short -- i'm glad star will be homeported in PC!! i think it's also super smart to compete with WDW by being there.

excited to see what will be different on star vs icon!

3 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

oh no! you can pry symph from my cold dead fingers 🤣 she is our favorite in the fleet!! symphony is to me what wonder is to you!!

You do know I've only been on Wonder once, right? I did really enjoy the few tweaks it has over some other Oasis class ships and newer is nice but you know I'm only sailing her so much b/c I value my one hour drive so highly. I need Symphony to complete the class (and then Utopia of course). Sharing is caring! 😁

7 minutes ago, asquared17 said:

i'm glad star will be homeported in PC!! i think it's also super smart to compete with WDW by being there.

I'm not happy about it b/c I personally have no interest in Icon class but I agree it was pretty much a no-brainer to put her at PC.

Boy there's gonna be a bunch of choreography required scheduling all the new homeport vessels and 2 new cruise lines setting up shop over the next couple years at PC. The port executive pretty much acknowledged 2 weeks ago things are getting tight , more so with the new terminal coming, apparently on the site currently occupied by Bluewaters Marina.

Then there's the cargo pier expansion and rocket people wanting a seat at the table......

• 2 months later...