Express Boarding on app

• 2 months later...

I will be checking to see if this happens to us..we are in  JS Suite on Freedom in 21 days!

I was slow on the check in timer, so 1pm is the earliest I could choose. I have never boarded a Royal cruise that late  before.

If we show up earlier..will they make us wait till 1pm still? And it says SUITE on our  boarding pass..but I am guessing if we do have to wait, we don't get any "suite" perks at the terminal?

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

I will be checking to see if this happens to us..we are in  JS Suite on Freedom in 21 days!

I was slow on the check in timer, so 1pm is the earliest I could choose. I have never boarded a Royal cruise that late  before.

If we show up earlier..will they make us wait till 1pm still? And it says SUITE on our  boarding pass..but I am guessing if we do have to wait, we don't get any "suite" perks at the terminal?

Suites can board earlier and all that matters is that is says suite on the boarding pass. 

I believe the express barding is for those who do everything prior to boarding, so if you had picture, passport, etc. in, then you have a better chance of getting this express boarding.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, Qeyton Dude said:

Suddenly motivated to add my Photo for our Sunday sailing.  In the past they have always had to re-take it at the terminal, so we stopped doing it.  I guess its worth a try.

On 11/3/2023 at 1:19 PM, mscinmia said:

As far as I know they are random, but all facets of the pre cruise check in must be completed, including health questions.  There will be a separate seating area until boarding commences and from what I was told will be boarded after Suites/Pinns/Key.

11 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I believe the express barding is for those who do everything prior to boarding, so if you had picture, passport, etc. in, then you have a better chance of getting this express boarding.

I'm really curious about the photo question. Would love people to continue to chime in if they get the Express boarding and if anyone does NOT have a photo uploaded, or if anyone gets through even with a rejected/retake photo, etc. 

4 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

I'm really curious about the photo question. Would love people to continue to chime in if they get the Express boarding and if anyone does NOT have a photo uploaded, or if anyone gets through even with a rejected/retake photo, etc. 

Me too. Everyone please continue to share and update in the weeks to come.

My check in for Icon is March 6. Alarm will be set for 11:55pm. Passports will be on the kitchen counter. 

Refresh my memory because I never do the picture. Does it have to be a selfie or can you upload a pic from your library? I think I remember seeing an upload option. If so, we will take pics beforehand in front of blank wall (like you do for passport photos) and I’ll upload those. A selfie at midnight will not be attractive lol 

46 minutes ago, Jill said:

My check in for Icon is March 6. Alarm will be set for 11:55pm. Passports will be on the kitchen counter. 

Refresh my memory because I never do the picture. Does it have to be a selfie or can you upload a pic from your library? I think I remember seeing an upload option. If so, we will take pics beforehand in front of blank wall (like you do for passport photos) and I’ll upload those. A selfie at midnight will not be attractive lol 

You can do everything else later if you just grab the check in time for everyone on the app as soon as it opens. You can choose the times for each person and then wait until the next day or later to put in all the rest of the information.

photo tips:

- WHITE/bright background. (ie, not in a crowd)

- no sunglasses.

- recent photo (not from years ago) 

- anything you can do so that your features are crisp/clear and not blurry. 

to be fair, they had to take J’s photo again when we were “expressing.” 😆 but whatever we had, it was enough to get us into the lottery for express boarding. 

i do wonder if frequency of sailing/C&A status has anything to do with it. maybe they figure more frequent cruisers are more experienced? or how recently you were just at the port?

unsure. 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

The upload option was not there for us for Icon.