CoCo Cay Beach Club

RayV

We are sailing in November on Wonder of the Seas and this is our first trip to CoCo Cay. I have purchased entry for the family to the Beach Club (4) and I am wondering if the capacity control almost guarantees a lounge chair and umbrella, regardless of when you arrive in the morning.

We are asking to determine if we should schedule a super early breakfast or because we have these reservations we can take a bit more time to eat first and then head to the island. Any thoughts?

16 minutes ago, RayV said:

We are sailing in November on Wonder of the Seas and this is our first trip to CoCo Cay. I have purchased entry for the family to the Beach Club (4) and I am wondering if the capacity control almost guarantees a lounge chair and umbrella, regardless of when you arrive in the morning.

We are asking to determine if we should schedule a super early breakfast or because we have these reservations we can take a bit more time to eat first and then head to the island. Any thoughts?

I would go for an early breakfast to get out early and make the most of the day on the island. The day goes by so fast.

1 hour ago, RayV said:

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

I would go for an early breakfast to get out early and make the most of the day on the island. The day goes by so fast.

I'd go one step further and say skip breakfast on the ship entirely and have it on the beach at the Beach Club and make your lunch reservation early.  Before you take my suggestion, I'd double-check with someone who has been there more recently, but last summer they had some continental breakfast items (muffins, pastries, etc.) and fresh coffee available for self-serve at the restaurant  "lobby" area.  Unless you're the type who need a big hearty breakfast, I'd just enjoy some light fare under a palapa with some fresh coffee or a mimosa and enjoy the Beach Club for every moment that you can.  @CanHardlyWait and @JimnKathy are right, you're going to want to spend as much time there as possible, and the day goes amazingly fast!

6 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

I'd double-check with someone who has been there more recently, but last summer they had some continental breakfast items (muffins, pastries, etc.) and fresh coffee available for self-serve at the restaurant  "lobby" area.

It's still there. I was there a few weeks ago and someone is live blogging right now and posted a pic of it from yesterday.

59 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

I think the place to make your lunch res. is at Chops.

You can actually make that reservation from anywhere that takes a specialty reservation. Generally there is always a crew member set up on embarkation in the promenade, just go up and make it. I agree it should be as soon as possible. While the club has the little bites, there is no other food on the island till 11. To do a quick breakfast and get off the ship is recommended if you want a pool bed. you shouldn't have an issue with a lounger unless you want first row. The beach club does sell out so lack of seats shouldn't be an issue. 

Have fun

We ordered the free continental breakfast from room service and a large pot of coffee and enjoyed our breakfast on the balcony as we were arriving at CocoCay.  We got off the ship asap and headed to the beach club.  We picked our lounge chairs and then made lunch reservations.  More coffee and donuts and a wonderful, relaxing day at the beach. Lunch was delicious and the infinity pool was amazing. My husband enjoyed the ocean and the infinity pool. It was a beautiful day and hope go back soon.

8 hours ago, RayV said:

You can pretty much get lounge chair, but if you want one of the big beds or sofa's you need to get there pretty early.  I just made reservations for lunch once I got there.  

You can check on this site to see if another ship is scheduled to be there with you.

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/coco-cay-bahamas-cruise-ship-schedule.html

Also be sure to take the tram that will take you from end of pier by ship to the transfer area near waterpark where another tram can take you to beach club. Got lucky last time and everyone on tram from pier was going to beach club and driver took us directly there without transfer to other tram.

Got one of the poolside beds

20220926_092134.jpg

The beach club is capacity controlled, so you will find loungers and umbrellas available whenever you get there. They will just be in the rows further back from the beach. As others posted, rather than waiting until you get there to make lunch reservations…make them on embarkation day. Most don’t know to do that until they get the beach club reservation letter in their cabin. There is a continental breakfast available.
If you really want to splurge…reserve a beach cabana. The prices are high, but they include entry to the club for everyone in your party.

I like riding the tram too....but just be aware, that if you choose the "regular" tram, you will be forced to disembark at the tram station and change trams, which can cause a significant delay in getting to the Beach Club.  If you are looking to snag a beach bed or one of the comfy couches, you will need to be there EARLY.  The "regular" tram will cost you time.

I do have a hack though !  If you are able to board one of the accessible trams at the ship boarding area (you will know which ones they are b/c they have a retractable ramp for scooters/chairs), you will not have to change trams.  The accessible trams go straight from the ship to the PDCC attraction areas so you don't have to waste time waiting for the big tram at the tram station.  Obviously, you don't want to take a seat for someone [accessible] who needs it but there are always "extra" seats on the accessible trams.  We've gotten lucky twice with these trams and it's a huge time-saver.

Lunch is a sit down meal in a restaurant…not buffet-style. So reservations are required. The upscale menu includes Filet Mignon and Lobster. It’s one of the best things about the beach club. That and the infinity pool…and the exclusivity. I always make my reservation on embarkation day and then as soon as I arrive at the beach club, I check with the restaurant desk to confirm.

just to throw a wrench in the works 😅 in our experience, we've always made reservations for lunch upon arrival. we usually are off the ship within the first 30 mins or so and we walk directly there. we've never had an issue.

to be fair, we always want front row beach seats, and we tend to steer clear of the pool (as gorgeous as it is) -- and we've always gotten great seats. i am picky about this 😂 so it means a lot to me.

also save yourself -- you won't need to pack beach towels, as the beach club supplies them -- yet another fabulous perk!

we are almost always the last people to leave the club at the end of the day and it is just as serene and tranquil as when we first arrived. 💚