Hints of new ship names?

When you log into your account, there's a fascinating amount of info that gets loaded into your browser that isn't seen on the screen.

I noticed that there's one call to get a ship list.  Icon is listed. But interestingly, so is Icon 2 and Icon 3, both listed as "TBA of the seas"

Both have ship codes listed.  One is ST.  Star of the Seas was one of the ship names trademarked by RC in 2022.

The other is TR. I don't see any names that fit. Traveler was trademarked long ago but abandoned.  The only other T name is Titan that is currently trademarked. Intrigue of the Seas is reserved, but RC has always used the first letter of the ship name in its ship codes.

A TBD Oasis ship is listed with a ship code of LE. The only active "L" trademark is Legend from 1994. Legend of course was a former ship that came online in 1995.

Brilliant work!  I love this stuff!  Great job sleuthing around like this.

My thoughts:

• Intrigue is an excellent deduction; does Independence otS already use "IN"?
  • Star seems likely to me because, based on inferences from interviews, Royal seems to want short 4 or 5-letter names. Star also won that horrible poll back in January.
  • Do they want short names so that the letters can be written taller on the sides of the ships?  Icon's name is ginormous. 
  • Personally, I'm very eager for them to come back to the royalty themed names: Sovereign, Empress, Monarch, Majesty.  That would scratch an itch for me.

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

When you log into your account, there's a fascinating amount of info that gets loaded into your browser that isn't seen on the screen.

I noticed that there's one call to get a ship list.  Icon is listed. But interestingly, so is Icon 2 and Icon 3, both listed as "TBA of the seas"

Both have ship codes listed.  One is ST.  Star of the Seas was one of the ship names trademarked by RC in 2022.

The other is TR. I don't see any names that fit. Traveler was trademarked long ago but abandoned.  The only other T name is Titan that is currently trademarked. Intrigue of the Seas is reserved, but RC has always used the first letter of the ship name in its ship codes.

A TBD Oasis ship is listed with a ship code of LE. The only active "L" trademark is Legend from 1994. Legend of course was a former ship that came online in 1995.

What a cool find!!! I love this stuff! 

Is RC planning another Oasis Class ship? I thought Utopia OTS was the last one in that class.

I think Legend of the Seas would be a great name for the Icon Class. Icon of the Seas, Legend of the Seas, and Titan of the Seas would really tie the class together in my opinion. Not really a fan of Star of the Seas, but as much as I don't like it, it does go with the likes of Icon, Legend, and Titan according to Thesaurus.com.

I also kind of like Paragon of the Seas which means "a person or thing viewed as a model of excellence." I think that would be perfect for the last ship in the Icon Class, being that the last ship is sometimes adjusted based on what works and doesn't work on the previous ships in the class.

While I was looking up synonyms of Icon, etc... I came across some names that would be hilarious. 
G.O.A.T of the Seas
Big Kahuna of the Seas

LOL!!!!

On 6/24/2023 at 8:31 PM, Tony Crawford said:

Is there any truth to "Star of the Seas"?  Thought I had saw that after Utopia?

Not officially yet, but a lot of people are guessing that that's the smart money bet for Icon 2.  I don't personally prefer it but I'm in the minority that would like to see some of the old "royalty names" recycled.

I'm not a fan of recycling old ship names.  Creates confusion and muddies the nostalgia of the original ship.   For example "Sovereign was once the largest cruise ship in the world, wait, the old old Sovereign or the new Sovereign?"

With China opening back up it begs the question if they will move Wonder or Utopia there eventually or if they'll pick a new build with a name that suits the culture of the intended region.   Names that are perfect for one region can look less stellar in another region.  

• 3 months later...