Allure Ice Show - Blades

Reservations opened up for our July 2nd Allure sailing yesterday (finally) and the ice skating show is titled "Blades" instead of the "Ice Games" that I have seen listed in the past. 

Anyone know if it is a completely new show or if it's one they have done in the past? I don't remember seeing anything about it before but I of course could just be unaware 🙂

Screenshot_20230604_064844_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, TXcruzer said:

Not a new show, this is the freestyle performance done in addition to the choreographed "Ice Games"

Good to know. There is no Ice Games show posted yet, only that one. So if they still do the Ice Games one they just haven't posted it yet.

Could be a new cast coming onboard and they have not quite learned the Ice Games moves to perform it yet. On Allure they have just started performing Blue Planet with the new Momma Mia cast who had to learn the new music and moves to add that in addition to Momma Mia. Usually they add only a couple of new cast to the ice show at a time but it could be there were more than usual, Or as what happen on Liberty OTS on several of our cruises the cast had some injuries and illness to too many of the cast and they did an improve show for the guests. Loved those too as it allowed the performers to do what they thought brought the best in their particular talent but still brought us a show.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the June 18th sailing. We watched Ice Games on 6/24. After the performance, the cruise director came out and announced that it was the last performance of Ice Games. I'm not sure what they are going to replace it with.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, loki007 said:

just got off Allure and the App had the ability to reserve mama Mia, Oceanaria, and Blades but the Aquatheater was the only one you actually needed a reservation for. 

This has been my experience too unless you want seats close and upfront center stage.  Those seats go quick and having reservations helps if that is where you want to sit.  I have terrible eyesight, so the closer the better for me.

1 hour ago, TessFromFlorida said:

Just saw this show last week, it was fantastic IMO. I felt the choreography and sound design/music selection was top notch.

And this is why most things are so subjective. Glad you enjoyed it. We saw it in October and pretty much hated it.

Everyone should try everything they think they might like no matter what they read, IMO, be it a show, restaurant, food item, etc.

1 minute ago, TessFromFlorida said:

Very true! Sorry you hated it. Given that my previous experience with ice shows was limited to Disney on Ice, perhaps I had set my expectations too low 😁

Maybe but everyone likes what they like. I may have been influenced by having seen Wonder’s ice show a few months before Blades… and seeing it again a few days ago confirmed that it is easily my favorite.

I’m not a big show guy anyway. I’ll see anything once (except broadway due to length). If I don’t like it, oh well. I was gonna sit somewhere having a drink anyway. 45 mins of anything is never gonna ruin a cruise.