Room Service

Vlad

Hey guys, 

Anyone ordered room service twice in a row? Paid and complimentary? Is it allowed? 

I mean, I would like to order from regular menu for around 5:30am or so. And also order for 6am some of complimeary breakfast items. Coffee, tea, juices, fruits. Since those items aren't included in the night room service menu. 

5 hours ago, Vlad said:

Hey guys, 

Anyone ordered room service twice in a row? Paid and complimentary? Is it allowed? 

I mean, I would like to order from regular menu for around 5:30am or so. And also order for 6am some of complimeary breakfast items. Coffee, tea, juices, fruits. Since those items aren't included in the night room service menu. 

I think they cut room service off for a few hours, so 5:30 may not be an option. 

I will need to get a pot of coffee to the cabin for the Admiral every morning (she really likes her coffee) while I'm at the fitness center. Would this be something included in one of the drink packages or something we pay for each day like everything else with room service? We wont be in suite. Any insight would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, InmyElement said:

I will need to get a pot of coffee to the cabin for the Admiral every morning (she really likes her coffee) while I'm at the fitness center. Would this be something included in one of the drink packages or something we pay for each day like everything else with room service? We wont be in suite. Any insight would be appreciated.

I believe you can order pots of coffee as part of the "free" room service. I don't think you will be able to pick up a pot of coffee anywhere though. Plenty of cups but the actual pots will be large to accommodate a lot of coffee. 

51 minutes ago, Angel Mann said:

I tried to order coffee from room service at 5 or 5:30 and was told they couldn't bring it until they started serving breakfast. I was very upset and had to send my husband out to find me some in the meantime. For that reason alone we are staying in a JS next time just for the coffee in the room. 

That's different 

Coffee isn't part of the 24 hrs menu 

Only part of the breakfast menu 6-11am 

17 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Just curious (really) as to what you would want at 5:30 in the morning besides some type of breakfast.

Basically, I do want breakfast, because it's too late 5o go to Windjammer, since it's opens at 7am. And I need to be out of the ship at 7:30.

But, I was thinking, if order breakfast, I might receive if I receive it closer to 6:30 would be a little rush as well. 

Wanted to have closer to an hour. 

23 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You are correct, room service closes up early that last night and no breakfast service on debarkation day.

My question was never about debarkation day. Debarkation day isn't a problem. Windjammer opens at 5:45am

I clearly explained, problem is another day. When Windjammer opens at 7am.

31 minutes ago, Vlad said:

My question was never about debarkation day. Debarkation day isn't a problem. Windjammer opens at 5:45am

I clearly explained, problem is another day. When Windjammer opens at 7am.

Well, I don't see where you stated what day you're trying to do this or why.  But you did say you something about getting off the ship at 7:30AM.  Generally, that's something people are only going to be doing on debarkation day.  Most port days on most itineraries don't start before 8AM.  So maybe adding some more details of your specific cruise would be helpful.

@Vlad, are you sure the WJ won't be open until 7 am?

If this is for a port of call rather than disembarkation day, and the ship has an early enough arrival somewhere that you need to be off at 7.30 for an excursion, the chances are that the WJ will be open earlier than 7 am. We had a lot of early arrivals on our Odyssey sailing to the Greek Isles last year and on many days the WJ was open at 6 am. On the one day we had an early excursion and it didn't open until 6.30 am, we were able to get continental style breakfast at the Promenade Café at 6 am.

51 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

@Vlad, are you sure the WJ won't be open until 7 am?

If this is for a port of call rather than disembarkation day, and the ship has an early enough arrival somewhere that you need to be off at 7.30 for an excursion, the chances are that the WJ will be open earlier than 7 am. We had a lot of early arrivals on our Odyssey sailing to the Greek Isles last year and on many days the WJ was open at 6 am. On the one day we had an early excursion and it didn't open until 6.30 am, we were able to get continental style breakfast at the Promenade Café at 6 am.

Thanks, 

But earliest I've seen in cruise compass for same itinerary is 7am. Even if it's 6:30 which I doubt, it's a little too late for my family. Wanted to have at least an hour for breakfast. So that makes it 6am.

35 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Thanks, 

But earliest I've seen in cruise compass for same itinerary is 7am. Even if it's 6:30 which I doubt, it's a little too late for my family. Wanted to have at least an hour for breakfast. So that makes it 6am.

Aw, bummer. 😕

Hope you manage to sort something out.

If it is an early port day the WJ will be open around 6pm, don't bank on a previous cruise compass for hours of venues as things change weekly. 

Keep in mind that even if you schedule breakfast at 6am, you are still at the mercy of the room service gods. Unless you are star class, and even then, you will not get your order at the exact time you want on most days. 

15 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

If it is an early port day the WJ will be open around 6pm, don't bank on a previous cruise compass for hours of venues as things change weekly. 

Keep in mind that even if you schedule breakfast at 6am, you are still at the mercy of the room service gods. Unless you are star class, and even then, you will not get your order at the exact time you want on most days. 

@Ampurp85

Thanks, yes, that's exactly what I was thinking. 

That's why if I'm going to order, will probably need to place an order at 5am from all day menu. Then hopefully it'll be delivered by 6am.

On 4/2/2023 at 4:34 PM, Angel Mann said:

I tried to order coffee from room service at 5 or 5:30 and was told they couldn't bring it until they started serving breakfast. I was very upset and had to send my husband out to find me some in the meantime. For that reason alone we are staying in a JS next time just for the coffee in the room. 

Yeah, the bummer for me was that there were 0 options for getting coffee before watching the sunrise.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Moonpie and RC said:

Is there a fee for room service or is it free? 

For breakfast there are some continental type breakfast choices that are complementary.  There are some hot breakfast items that work the same as the lunch and dinner room service menu items where there is a fee per order, not per item.  The per order fee is $8.95 $7.95 plus 18% gratuity.  

That $8.95 $7.95 is per order so if you order one hamburger the order fee is $8.95 $7.95.  If you order four hamburgers and four french fries the order fee is $8.95 $7.95.  

30 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

So the room service fee has gone up from $7.95 ?  No big surprise....just the first I've heard of it.

I'm not certain that it has.  I'm not onboard currently, but have friends on Grandeur.  They are reporting $7.95.  App and website also still both say $7.95.  I would take that as truth if the opposing view was coming from anyone other than @twangster.

Either way it would have 18% added so $9.38 for $7.95 and $10.56 for $8.95.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/in-room-food-service

image.png.33f30d76a23296d584cbee20baebc953.png