Talk me into parking at PC terminal

Pooch

I keep going back & forth on this.  Off site parking will cost about $92.  Terminal is $17 per day for 8 days so $136 (does that include taxes or any other fees?).  So a difference of $44 to not have to either have 4 people schlep their luggage on a shuttle both ways or drop 3 people plus all the luggage at the terminal & have the driver have to take the shuttle.  I’m cheap, like REALLY CHEAP, but in the grand scheme of a lovey week with my family in an OS on Harmony should I just throw the stupid $44 at it?

YES, it is just so darn convenient. When I disembark I just want to go, another shuttle with all that entails, no thanks. We like walking to our car, loading in our luggage and heading out. For our family of 3 especially when leaving it was worth every penny. 

Yes I do believe that is taxes included.

Oh if you were really cheap you would be sailing Carnival, lol!

I understand, I'm cheap too!

I think it would also be worth the extra $44 to be able to go straight to your car after the cruise without waiting in a line for (possibly) several shuttles to take several families worth of passengers and their luggage to the off site lot.

I understand that you would have ONE person shuttle to/from the lot, but, many people just don't/won't consider doing that.

Two of our party will have to come in by shuttle from an MCO area hotel, just not enough room in my daughters car for 6!  And those 2 will be unfamiliar with PC though I’m guessing they can manage.  Just feel like (ok control freak here) it would be easier if we were all there around the same time rather than having to wait for part of the group.  and then of course those 2 will have to shuttle back to MCO unless my brother decides to rent a car for the day.  Too many variables!!!!

Do you make reservations?

17 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I keep going back & forth on this.  Off site parking will cost about $92.  Terminal is $17 per day for 8 days so $136 (does that include taxes or any other fees?).  So a difference of $44 to not have to either have 4 people schlep their luggage on a shuttle both ways or drop 3 people plus all the luggage at the terminal & have the driver have to take the shuttle.  I’m cheap, like REALLY CHEAP, but in the grand scheme of a lovey week with my family in an OS on Harmony should I just throw the stupid $44 at it?

#1 as stated is convenience, #2 is its covered parking. I came back from a Disney cruise to find my SUV literally covered in Seagull poop. I had to go find a carwash and spend 30 minutes washing it all off. The covered deck is worth $44

10 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Two of our party will have to come in by shuttle from an MCO area hotel, just not enough room in my daughters car for 6!  And those 2 will be unfamiliar with PC though I’m guessing they can manage.  Just feel like (ok control freak here) it would be easier if we were all there around the same time rather than having to wait for part of the group.  and then of course those 2 will have to shuttle back to MCO unless my brother decides to rent a car for the day.  Too many variables!!!!

Do you make reservations?

The signage is everywhere and the parking deck is huge. Just drive in no reservations required. At least not when we sailed in 2019, I'm sure someone will correct this if it has changed. Do you all need to check in together? Maybe everyone can meet after check in and security within the terminal, a simple text upstairs by the east window, or something like that. Maybe this will remove some anticipated stress. Have a wonderful time.

Thank you!  I’ve taken the Cortrans shuttle before so i know where they’ll be dropped off.  It’ll be my nephew & my son and I bet they could find their way to check in.  What I am anal about is the cruise documents.  I have no doubt my son can manage to lose his on the trip.  I imagine that we could meet prior to check in?

For the first time ever, we will be driving to the pier in Miami for our December cruise and parking at the pier.  Now that we have moved closer to FL, we will be driving to the pier for all of our cruises departing out of FL.  I love that the pier parking is so convenient.  We are lucky that we are in a position that the extra cost is not a concern.  However, I do have two concerns.

Do the parking garages ever "fill-up" and people are turned away?

Is it a challenge to get out of the parking garage due to traffic volume on debarkation day?

16 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Garage full?!?!!  Ok now I’m worried again!

The garage is freeing up the spaces from everyone who disembarked, it seems (at least in PC) the parking deck is new and HUGE, Oasis class in mind. It seemed much tighter in Miami garage then PC. Again even leaving the garage everything was very orderly, signage and humans directing, we felt it was a really good experience. 

And YES you can meet prior to check in, hey we are outside on parking deck 3 by the elevators. There are benches and what not if I recall correctly. The set up is very mindful. 

55 minutes ago, Pooch said:

If you follow Matt's videos, he seems to prefer the onsite parking and eschew shuttles.  Frankly, I am more of a hotel shuttle guy and buy the package with parking and a 1 night stay.  When I price-compare, it is a value UNLESS I need to drive home early on disembarkation day.  (i might not get to my car until 8:30 AM.)

I'll add this to the mix in favor of parking on-site...

It is a great feeling having a porter hauling all the luggage to your vehicle. Then only have to deal with handling/loading luggage once. Plus if the weather isn't the best your not dealing with luggage in the rain. Heck, not dealing with luggage with the sun beating down in the summer in nice too.

We've stayed at the Radisson at the Port for all four of our cruises, and never had any issues with the shuttle,

but they are booked the Sat before our 11/28 sailing).

It's simple and convenient, and we never have had to wait for "the next bus".

However, I do like the idea of parking at the garage, and keeping my car out of the sun.

I still think we'll stick with our plan of parking at the hotel - Country Inn & Suites.

I'm more concerned about this whole rapid test requirement!

Yes we are very fortunate.  We got the suite on a l & s from rhapsody so the price was a real steal!  I have never been one to value convenience over price and I’m not gonna lie, sometimes the inconvenience has been, well, inconvenient.  But taking my brother & nephew on their first cruise (well it’s my brother’s first) I’m trying to cut down on the moving parts. 

49 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Well hopefully our check in time will accommodate this!  As suite guests, are we still able to check in an hour before our scheduled time?  And I heard the suite line in PC is operating again?

I thought that person confused the Star class line with the suite line and PC still is operating without one.