ROYAL'S FIRST EVER WORLD CRUISE!!!

8 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

I was thinking about how you could potentially cut your expenses while you are away.  Turn off cable/internet.  No expenses for gas, groceries, entertainment.  Maybe even turn off cell coverage (and just live on wifi).  If you could rent out your house/condo that would really help.

Pretty much everything on the ship is covered, but you still have shore excursions to worry about - so that would obviously add to the overall cost.

But there is some "7 wonder of the world" excursion included.

42 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Yes, pets is going to be a big reason people do not book this cruise.  Its one thing to ask a neighbor to check in on your pets for a week, another to ask them to take them for most of the year.

Just the same, the people who would take this cruise are probably already taking extended vacations and have that covered (or don't have pets for that reason)

28 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Unless you go super frugal (in which case why go if you aren’t actually going to explore and see all the sights of the world) I don’t see how you could do this trip for under a quarter million for a couple 😮

Yeah. I don't think I could do 9 months in an inside cabin. I'd have to at *least* have a window, but ideally a balcony or suite if I'm going to be onboard that long.

5 hours ago, 12thman said:

Serious question, does anyone know how to fill prescription overseas? I'm not able to get a year's supply before leaving only 3 months. 

I was thinking the same thing, would definitely be a headache to deal with. 

The other thing I've been thinking about - dining. I would *hope* that they do some local foods and rotate menus around, as otherwise you're gonna get real sick of eating the same thing week after week.

22 minutes ago, GKMCruising said:

I was thinking the same thing, would definitely be a headache to deal with. 

The other thing I've been thinking about - dining. I would *hope* that they do some local foods and rotate menus around, as otherwise you're gonna get real sick of eating the same thing week after week.

If you dig into the FAQs on the Royal Caribbean site, it says they intend to do this with food and entertainment.

I was planning on retiring in April of '24. Maybe I can bump it up a few months. 

A world cruise is high up on my bucket list. But at this cost it might be a difficult sell for Mrs. Cake. Matt's information on that front will be very useful. 

14 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

Unless you go super frugal (in which case why go if you aren’t actually going to explore and see all the sights of the world) I don’t see how you could do this trip for under a quarter million for a couple 😮

First not all the 150 stops are really ports , some of them is just going near something (I do not really think you are going to a port in Elephant island for example". Second , there are many ports which is easy and even recommended to tour by yourself , for example Singapore , I would buy a prepaid subway card (or a day path for tourist) and go to the Gardens by the bay (free entry) , check the botanical gardens and maybe check the Marina bay sands , all without fee. Mykonos , the ship will tender you to the old port were you can just walk and tour the very nice village. Palma - you pay 8Euro PP for return trip to the city and you can easily tour it without missing anything. For sure there are places which I would prefer to take tours from the ship.

Here is the list of the wonders during this cruise .

If RCL will give to choose which of the wonders to use the free excursions It will be good to choose the one that might cost more (combination of entrée fees and complexity to go there).

Chichen Itza - port Cozumel - to go there you need to take a boat and a bus , in regular cruise it cost between 100 to 150

Chirst The Redeemer - Rio De Janeiro ,  should cost 50 to 100 $  , I would not recommend to do it by yourself 

Iguazu falls , port Buenos Aires - this one going to be one of the expensive as Buenos Aires is vey far from the falls (actually Rio is closer , Sao Paulo even more), It will require flight (its 15 hours drive) so if RCL will give it for free , go for it.

Machu Picchu , port Lima (Callo) , Peru - Again one of the expensive one , it will require a flight from Lima airport (which is in the same City as the port) to Cusco , from there , or one hour buss to the train station or a direct train to Aqua Cliente (3 hours) then a bus to Machu Picchu (30 minutes). You should know there is a quota of number of people that can enter the city so its better to get this tour from RCL. 

Great Barrier Reef , Cairns , Australia - not sure but I guess there are many options here to take different tours.

Great wall of China , port Beijing , China - Private tours can be organized , its a few hours drive , it can cost between 50 to 150 $ and around 250 $ from Royal Caribbean.

The Taj Mahal , Cochin , India - This dose not make any sense at all , Chochin is in south India and the Taj is at the north , it will require a 3 hours flight to New Delhi and 2 to 3 hours drive to Agra , Mumbai port is closer (and you can take direct flights to Agra). its going to be expensive (but less then Machu Picchu).

Petra , I guess port of Aquba - It is two hours drive from Aquba , tours are between 70 to 200 $ .

Great Pyramid of Giza , port of Alexandria , this is around two hours bus drive . tour should cost around 150 $ (rough estimate) 

Temple of Artemis , Ephesus , Turkey - tours from RCL cost 80 $  (before sells).

The Colosseum , Rome , Italia - 1.5 hours drive from port , bus to Rome around 40 $ , entry to the Colosseum around 18 $ . Tour from RCL around 120$.

I guess I am missing here some wonders as there should be 17 and I found  only 11

13 hours ago, Summer Bee Sweet said:

Thanks @Travelerfor the info! Cozumel is the only port on this list that I’ve visited before and we’ve never made the trip.

I’m really glad Manchu Picchu is covered. Had no idea it was that far away.

C6AFD280-AC58-443D-B31A-DB2E3C85A16E.png

Thanks, 

In that case its very good , has both Taj Mahal and Machu Picchu  are at least 2500 $ worth per person (if not more). I have done Machu Picchu from Lima , using local TA and most booking by myself , it was around 450 $  PP (including the flight and two days of not expensive hotel).