Teen Crown and Anchor status after 18th birthday

Hi all, first post here.

I have a question about teens CAS tier membership after an 18th birthday.

My daughter currently has her own CAS number and holds the same CAS tier as us, she is 17.  We’ll be hitting Diamond tier later this year after a cruise, and after this she turns 18, before we are sailing again next year.

My question is what tier will she have after her 18th birthday (we are in UK so expect she’ll be considered Adult in her own right, however the sailing next  year is actually out of Port Canaveral so not sure if this will be 21…?)

Will she still be treated same tier as us her parents, or will she now have her own points?  If the latter what points does she ‘inherit’ - ie our Diamond tier? Or is there a count back on actual points from her own sailings (a little less than ours as we have honeymoon and anniversary cruises without kids). Or does she start from scratch…??

All advice is most welcome.

10 minutes ago, Bakerette said:

When your daughter turns 18 she will be an adult and so she will keep Diamond status but will earn points beginning at 0 until she has enough points to get to the next tier. In the USA anyone 18+ is an adult

Wouldn't she keep any points she has earned by her actual nights spent sailing as a child?

12 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Wouldn't she keep any points she has earned by her actual nights spent sailing as a child?

I believe this is correct. She'll have the points she has actually accumulated, but also keep the higher tier she inherited from the parents.  Once she accumulates enough additional points to legitimately be at that tier level, then both her achieved tier and inherited tier will be lined up again.

27 minutes ago, mathbees said:

I believe this is correct. She'll have the points she has actually accumulated, but also keep the higher tier she inherited from the parents.  Once she accumulates enough additional points to legitimately be at that tier level, then both her achieved tier and inherited tier will be lined up again.

This is correct

Thanks to everyone for the responses - its been helpful (and unusually for social media, everyone is in agreement ?)

It seems fairly straightforward that she should keep the Diamond status (?) but have her own accumulated points (yes it wouldn't actually be enough for Diamond on her own, probably be ok for Platinum I think, but regardless as she will be considered Diamond) and then add to her points based on her future cruising - which in terms of CAS tiers, would be Diamond until she gets to Diamond Plus at 175 nights.

2 hours ago, Stemcgoo said:

Thanks to everyone for the responses - its been helpful (and unusually for social media, everyone is in agreement ?)

It seems fairly straightforward that she should keep the Diamond status (?) but have her own accumulated points (yes it wouldn't actually be enough for Diamond on her own, probably be ok for Platinum I think, but regardless as she will be considered Diamond) and then add to her points based on her future cruising - which in terms of CAS tiers, would be Diamond until she gets to Diamond Plus at 175 nights.

She will be Diamond - not just be “considered” Diamond- and have all the Diamond perks allowed at her age.  It doesn’t matter how many actual points she  has earned.  

She will not advance to D+ until her personal points reach 175.  Let’s say she has 65 points based on her own cruising history.  She will remain Diamond until she earns the additional 110 required points, but every seapass until that time will show she is Diamond. 

Adulthood is based on departure point so if 18 is the legal age to drink in the UK. Any cruise that leaves from a port where the legal drinking age is 18 she will be able to get acholic drinks with her vouchers. But the US (port Canaveral) would have a legal drinking age of 21, meaning no Diamond alcoholic drinks.

My daughter turned 18 this past February.  Her points were 68 and her level Emerald prior to cruising.  The recent cruise was just added in, her points are still 68 and her status emerald.  She was disappointed.  We looked at each cruise she was on snd added up the points.  All of the cruises she’s been on (including this last one) total 68 points, a few of my cruise points that she wasn’t on dropped off her  points.    With the double points she’ll hit Diamond on her next 7 night sailing. 

she was able to drink on the ship that left out of the Bahamas.  However I don’t believe RC would have allowed her to book a cabin without someone over 21 on her sailing/in her party..  So she cannot decide to book a cruise on her own until she is 21.