CruiseLifeRick

Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

No I havent but I did watch a bunch of videos with him and his wife in action, and his approach does appeal to me.  But I like a lot of the new agey stuff.  I can see where some can be put off by that.  

Just now, ThyriC said:

No I havent but I did watch a bunch of videos with him and his wife in action, and his approach does appeal to me.  But I like a lot of the new agey stuff.  I can see where some can be put off by that.  

What you see in those videos is pretty much what you get with them as CD. They always seemed a bit fake to me but I do appreciate the info that they provide on FB. It's a bit like cruising with Donny Osmond.

See I like that Donny Osmond approach.  And I appreciate how it doesnt work for everyone.  But for me, that's kind of what I expect out of my CD.  Not to mention, I really feel like he gets to know the individuals on the smaller ships.  Maybe its the larger younger crowd ships that he doesnt gel well with?  

29 minutes ago, ThyriC said:

See I like that Donny Osmond approach.  And I appreciate how it doesnt work for everyone.  But for me, that's kind of what I expect out of my CD.  Not to mention, I really feel like he gets to know the individuals on the smaller ships.  Maybe its the larger younger crowd ships that he doesnt gel well with?  

Speaking from a CD (wannabe CD) perspective, the small ships are much easier for them to get to meet people as there are less guests, less crew and a smaller workload. Oasis Class has so many people and so much going on that there is less passenger interaction.

I last had John on Anthem - he came to that ship a week before we sailed as an emergency fill in and seemed like a fish out of water with the larger ship and didn't seem to mesh with the audience on that sailing. I don't think his style works with a younger or a non-American audience. But for Grandeur, which has mostly older and US guests, he and his wife are a great fit.

Just now, JLMoran said:

How is Mitch Merucci as a CD? Seems he'll be my guy when I sail Anthem this October.

He seems to get good reviews. There is a Love and Marriage game show with him on YouTube, will try and find it since many on here are sailing AN with him soon.

What happened to Dru Pavlov? He was the CD on Anthem last October, and I don't see him in the list above or any mention of him since the time of that sailing. He was a really good CD, would be a shame if Royal lost him to another (non-sister) line.

Just now, JLMoran said:

What happened to Dru Pavlov? He was the CD on Anthem last October, and I don't see him in the list above or any mention of him since the time of that sailing. He was a really good CD, would be a shame if Royal lost him to another (non-sister) line.

He's now working with Disney in the Port and Shopping department. I believe that he was let go by Royal.

2 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Well, that proved to be much harder than expected. Here is an update of everything that I know. If you find any other information, please let me know, because this list needs serious help.

1026573505_ScreenShot2019-05-06at14_19_54.thumb.png.2afaa96463deb5cd1220f8ac774b7358.png  

OK.... Now another update.   I am sweeting bullets here... LMAO...   Anyway, how is Jimmy Rhodes and Mike Hunnerup as CD and how is Flavio Maeda, even though it looks like they will both be out of there when I cruise on August 4th....

1 minute ago, VinceC said:

Boo hoo...  In your last update you have Mitch Merucci on the Allure in August.....

The update you quoted is from CC. I made my own update below which does not contain this information. Jimmy Rhodes is on AL until mid August and Mike Hunnerup will replace him - this info comes directly from Mitch Merucci himself.

2 hours ago, Joe01 said:

1026573505_ScreenShot2019-05-06at14_19_54.thumb.png.2afaa96463deb5cd1220f8ac774b7358.png

23 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Well, that proved to be much harder than expected. Here is an update of everything that I know. If you find any other information, please let me know, because this list needs serious help.

How do you find out all of this information?  Do you know someone on the inside?

6 minutes ago, VinceC said:

How do you find out all of this information?  Do you know someone on the inside?

I don't know anyone - although I am active on social media and some CD's post their contracts there. Some of the other info is from what cruisers both here and on CC have reported.

On 5/6/2019 at 11:36 AM, Joe01 said:

Michele Scarpato is on Rhapsody now.

Wonder why they gave him Rhapsody with all of his Oasis Class experience, meanwhile assigning a new CD to Oasis? 😕

My only guess is that you now have a European CD on a European cruise.  Might be his choice, might be RC's ... maybe both.

2 minutes ago, Curt From Canada said:

My only guess is that you now have a European CD on a European cruise.  Might be his choice, might be RC's ... maybe both.

Oasis is sailing in Europe, hence why I'm surprised he isn't going there.

Maybe he did request it though - less office work and more guest interaction on RH. Pros and cons to each class for CD's.