Royal Caribbean Blog

Adventure of the Seas® heads back to the tropics this summer, unlocking seven-night getaways from Nassau.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Locking this thread. We're here to talk Adventure of the Seas, not debate if vaccines are good or not.   This forum is not for debating if a vaccine works, or your views of the vaccine. Clea

Most people have had to put their lives on hold for the last year.  Most people have sacrificed in some manner or another.  You know who else will get to go cruising in the Caribbean? The first respon

I love that Royal has taken the all must be vaccinated stance on both Celebrity and RCCL. I will definitely cruise sooner knowing all on board are vaccinated. 

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, TXcruzer said:

We have had over a dozen family members vaccinated, no one ever asked for an insurance card.

When I signed up for the vaccine at a Houston area CVS, I had to enter my insurance info and also had to show my card today when I got it. My hubby went to a Harris County Health Dept mega site and did not show his insurance card.

15 minutes ago, Okgladgal said:

When I signed up for the vaccine at a Houston area CVS, I had to enter my insurance info and also had to show my card today when I got it. My hubby went to a Harris County Health Dept mega site and did not show his insurance card.

Thats crazy, all of our vaccines have been through either Dallas county or Collin county mega sites, insurance was never an issue.  I would assume a state or county entity could just blanket bill the federal government for reimbursement, whereas a retailer would be better off going the more traditional route.

Here is what our Florida Publix told us in an email for Psycho's appointment.  

To expedite your experience, please don't forget to bring your driver's license and insurance card. Please check in with a Publix associate when you get to the store. Face coverings are required for customers at all Publix locations.
If this appointment is for your second dose, disregard the autogenerated appointment date/time noted above as Appointment #2. Please attend Appointment #1. No other action is required.
Please reference the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's fact sheet prior to your appointment (link to Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine EUA Fact Sheet for Recipients and Caregivers (fda.gov).*
For more information, including answers to frequently asked questions, visit Publix.com/covidvaccine.

18 minutes ago, Okgladgal said:

My sister works for Blue Cross Blue Shield and she behind the scenes this is what the insurance companies are fight over.  If you received your shot from a government run facility (city, county, state or even FEMA) you don't have to show your insurance card at all the Federal Government covers the entire cost of the vaccine.  However if you go to for example a private company like a Walgreens, CVS, or any number of other private facilities some of those facilities are asking patience for their insurance cards in which case your private insurance not the government is paying for the shot.  In the case of where my sister works she is saying Blue Cross Blue Shield has been fighting with the government for a while now to even get the government to cover the cost of the COVID test.

I've taken several COVID test at my local Walgreens and every time I've taken a test they've asked for my insurance card. I never paid anything out of pocket but they still asked for the card.

53 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

My wife had to show insurance.

Probably all depends on state and what bucket of funds got the pool of vaccines yours is being drawn from.

We showed no insurance card to get vaccinated.  Each state must be different.  

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Reinfection has been proven in an extreme minority of cases, and even then it's not conclusive if they ever had covid in the first incidence. Plus there are recent studies showing covid antibodies last at least 6 months, if not longer.

pay up george wendt GIF

4 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

I'd like for Royal to consider a policy for those who have had it and don't see a need for a vaccine.

Please let us know how that turns out.  I am not sure how legally they can mandate something that is currently given under Emergency Use Authorization.  By the way, Federal law prohibits employers and others from requiring vaccination with a COVID-19 vaccine distributed under an EUA.  REF:  https://statnews.com/2021/02/23/federal-law-prohibits-employers-and-others-from-requiring-vaccination-with-a-covid-19-vaccine-distributed-under-an-eua/    I am really liking the "and others" part of it.  I anticipate all cruise lines will put out of US ports in order to circumvent the CDC and their rules and they will adapt their own under the flag of the country whose laws they follow and abide by. 

47 minutes ago, deep1 said:

Trying to speed up getting a Vaccination...

Two things that have worked for my friends here in Texas.

1. Volunteer at a vaccination site (don't have to be a medical worker, they also need people to run paperwork, guide traffic).

2. Sign up on lists everywhere you can (hospitals, county sites, pharmacies). In some cases friends have been able to get vaccinated because pharmacy had "leftover" vaccine that would otherwise go to waste because some people that had appointments didn't show up.

2 hours ago, deep1 said:

Trying to speed up getting a Vaccination...

I would suggest just start checking mass vaccination websites, pharmacies, city, state, county vaccine websites anything, this is how my husband and I got our 1 dose of Pfizer this week. They had no shows we checked the website mid-late afternoon and the mass vaccination site run by FEMA not far from our house went from no appointments available to having same day appointments available because people didn't show up.

I would suggest maybe start checking websites around 3 or 4 pm local time especially if most vaccination site in your area close between 8 or 9 pm. They can't keep the shots it is better to put the shot into someone arm than throwing it in the garbage.

6 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I would suggest just start checking mass vaccination websites, pharmacies, city, state, county vaccine websites anything, this is how my husband and I got our 1 dose of Pfizer this week. They had no shows we checked the website mid-late afternoon and the mass vaccination site run by FEMA not far from our house went from no appointments available to having same day appointments available because people didn't show up.

I'm on about 20 different lists in two states... CVS is slap jammed up, as is Publix , as is......  So far I did get acknowledgements that I am registered but no sign of appointment date yet.  I have a place I can go next week to get first dose but then I will be in a different state soon  and have to find the second somewhere there.... Palm Beach County my southern  home seems to have some spat going with the governor and its hurting the citizens as they keep refusing his help????? Fiancee in Jersey , my northern home, having zero luck for herself or her kids as well. 

They do realise in a lot of countries that you can't get offered a vaccine yet if in lower risk age groups? Surely that's grounds for age discrimination, especially given that the whole purpose of vaccination is to stop people in the vulnerable categories from really becoming unwell from COVID? I understand cruise ships have it harder and effectively have to be "Zero COVID" zones but it really rubs me the wrong way that the younger generations who have sacrificed so much in the past year are having to stay put whilst the older generations who they basically put life on hold for can go cruising in the Caribbean.

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

but it really rubs me the wrong way that the younger generations who have sacrificed so much in the past year are having to stay put whilst the older generations who they basically put life on hold for can go cruising in the Caribbean.

Most people have had to put their lives on hold for the last year.  Most people have sacrificed in some manner or another.  You know who else will get to go cruising in the Caribbean? The first responders and health care workers who have been putting their lives on the line for the past year - many who ARE part of the "younger generation" (assuming they can get away for a short time).  Honestly, this is just an issue that will not be an issue for long. 

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

rubs me the wrong way that the younger generations who have sacrificed so much in the past year are having to stay put whilst the older generations who they basically put life on hold for can go cruising in the Caribbean.

In Orlando, FL starting Monday of next week the minimum age is 40 to be eligible.  There is no cruising in March.

In April Florida will make everyone eligible who has been approved under emergency use authorization down to age 16.  There is no cruising in April.

By May 1st everyone in America is eligible.  There is no cruising in May. 

By June when first cruising restarts everyone in America will be vaccinated or will be days away from getting the vaccine.  Cruising starts June 5th.

By mid-June anyone who wants in should have it.  Cruising will have have just started.

By July only those who don't want it won't have it.

How is this offensive to you?  A small percentage of the population, literally 0.00001% of the population won't be able to cruise for one or maybe two weeks.  That's assuming they even want to cruise.  Only 7% of the US population has taken a cruise in the past four years.  I'm not even sure there will be one person actually impacted and finding themselves unable to get a vaccine in time for the very first June cruise.

54 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Most people have had to put their lives on hold for the last year.  Most people have sacrificed in some manner or another.  You know who else will get to go cruising in the Caribbean? The first responders and health care workers who have been putting their lives on the line for the past year - many who ARE part of the "younger generation" (assuming they can get away for a short time).  Honestly, this is just an issue that will not be an issue for long. 

Yes but my point is that the younger generation have been disproportionality affected given the risks to them so it is completely unfair to say that they suddenly can't do anything.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

In Orlando, FL starting Monday of next week the minimum age is 40 to be eligible.  There is no cruising in March.

In April Florida will make everyone eligible who has been approved under emergency use authorization down to age 16.  There is no cruising in April.

By May 1st everyone in America is eligible.  There is no cruising in May. 

By June when first cruising restarts everyone in America will be vaccinated or will be days away from getting the vaccine.  Cruising starts June 5th.

By mid-June anyone who wants in should have it.  Cruising will have have just started.

By July only those who don't want it won't have it.

How is this offensive to you?  A small percentage of the population, literally 0.00001% of the population won't be able to cruise for one or maybe two weeks.  That's assuming they even want to cruise.  Only 7% of the US population has taken a cruise in the past four years.  I'm not even sure there will be one person actually impacted and finding themselves unable to get a vaccine in time for the very first June cruise.

I'm not from America, different system over here.

40 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

I'm not from America, different system over here.

So you were thinking about flying to Nassau for one of the Adventure cruises but you can't because you won't get the vaccine in May?

It seems like your ill should directed towards your government for how they are handling the vaccines in your country.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

So you were thinking about flying to Nassau for one of the Adventure cruises but you can't because you won't get the vaccine in May?

It seems like your ill should directed towards your government for how they are handling the vaccines in your country.

Not sure I agree with you viewpiont re the approach of the UK Government, many in the medical profession have praised it, yes we won't be fully vaccinated as quickly so can't cruise but the impact on the virus is exactly what we all wanted and needed.

Encouraging news from NY Times on vaccination efficacy,

"In Britain, the daily number of new Covid cases has fallen by more than 90 percent since peaking in early January. The decline is larger than in virtually any other country. (In the U.S., new cases have fallen 79 percent since January.) Given that the contagious B.1.1.7 variant was first discovered in Britain and is now the country’s dominant virus form, “Britain’s free-fall in cases is all the more impressive,” Wachter told me. “Clearly their vaccination strategy has been highly effective.”"

7 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Yes but my point is that the younger generation have been disproportionality affected given the risks to them so it is completely unfair to say that they suddenly can't do anything.

You know what ? Let's take all the people above the age of 40 or 45 and put them  in quarantine cities , this way we will protect them without effecting the young people live. Anyway they do not contribute   much for society anymore and the anooing part  is that they take too many cruises which  bring the price up while effecting the entertainment programs on board, it will be a win win.

35 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

Not sure I agree with you viewpiont re the approach of the UK Government, many in the medical profession have praised it, yes we won't be fully vaccinated as quickly so can't cruise but the impact on the virus is exactly what we all wanted and needed.

Encouraging news from NY Times on vaccination efficacy,

"In Britain, the daily number of new Covid cases has fallen by more than 90 percent since peaking in early January. The decline is larger than in virtually any other country. (In the U.S., new cases have fallen 79 percent since January.) Given that the contagious B.1.1.7 variant was first discovered in Britain and is now the country’s dominant virus form, “Britain’s free-fall in cases is all the more impressive,” Wachter told me. “Clearly their vaccination strategy has been highly effective.”"

It's not my viewpoint.

The person I quoted is upset at the the cruise lines, or the US government, for "allowing" people to cruise to the Caribbean while they, a young resident of Scotland, can not.

If they are to be upset with anyone for not being able to get a vaccine, it should start at home and is not the fault of the cruise line or the US government.  

16 hours ago, Brogan said:

Fantastic news! I would love to know whether these cruises are just for Americans or whether I could book one from the UK. Either way this is definitely the positive news we’ve all been waiting for! 🙌

Yes you can however make sure your flights if not direct dont pass through any country you need to quarantine even if just in transit 

9 hours ago, Joe01 said:

but it really rubs me the wrong way that the younger generations who have sacrificed so much in the past year are having to stay put whilst the older generations who they basically put life on hold for can go cruising in the Caribbean.

Are you being serious? Or just selfish? 

I mean the 1000+ covid positive students from Durham University who had parties or all of those youngters who were photographed in Soho, Manchester or any otjer city in the UK then when interviewed said they "didnt care as it doesnt harm young people " yip all those youngsters sacrificed so much!!!

At least the younger generation have years in front of them, the older generation have lost a year of their life they cannot get back! 

Everyone has been in the same boat, people of all ages have made sacrifices,  people of all ages have broken the rules! 

But you cannot play the age card....its about protecting the vulnerable 

• Matt locked this topic