Trellis Bar in Central Park.....

beccaball

Ok.... from reading many trip reports ......I've read that all the specialty restaurants on deck 8 Central Park get their drinks made by the bar tender at the Trellis bar. Is this correct? All the dining: Chops, 150, Giovannis.....?

If this IS true.... Can I go to the Trellis Bar and have them make me the same drinks but not go to the specialty restaurants. I would love to try some of those cocktails but usually travel with a group who enjoy MDR in the evenings together. So I haven't had the time to schedule any specialty dining, but I do have the Drink Package and would love to try some of those cocktails they serve...

26 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes!  You most definitely can grab a drink at the Trellis bar and not go to a specialty restaurant.  It is one of my most favourite places to be on Oasis class.  There are even small tables and chairs set up in Central park for you to enjoy your drink.

868A787B-D106-4A0F-AC16-F17A17EF6E1C.thumb.jpeg.1b4aa84c13b78ee9b95dc570a7e56d64.jpeg

One of my favorite places too! First drink Oasis 2018 ?

147C5419-BBA0-471D-9762-E5F420073104.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes!  You most definitely can grab a drink at the Trellis bar and not go to a specialty restaurant.  It is one of my most favourite places to be on Oasis class.  There are even small tables and chairs set up in Central park for you to enjoy your drink.

I think the poster wants to know if they can go to the Trellis bar and get a drink from a specialty restaurant's menu.  They obviously have the ingredients and know the mixes if that is where the drinks are made.  But are they available or do you actually have to order from within the specialty restaurant?

11 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I think the poster wants to know if they can go to the Trellis bar and get a drink from a specialty restaurant's menu.  They obviously have the ingredients and know the mixes if that is where the drinks are made.  But are they available or do you actually have to order from within the specialty restaurant?

Oh yes, you can most definitely do that too! Two of my favourite drinks are the Bellini from Jamie’s and the Lavender Tonic from Chops. I have gotten both of those drinks from the Trellis bar without dining at the restaurant. While cruising on Oasis class, I get a lavender tonic almost every night. The only one I am not sure about is the Garden martini (aka Cucumber martini) from 150CP because they make that one table side.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

868A787B-D106-4A0F-AC16-F17A17EF6E1C.thumb.jpeg.1b4aa84c13b78ee9b95dc570a7e56d64.jpeg

Ummmm...did you edit out the 'twangster' watermark from that picture? ? 

Pro Tip: if you are on an Oasis class ship that also has a Wonderland restaurant (i.e. Harmony OTS) .... they have a Bar above the dining area that you can get drinks from without actually having to go and dine at wonderland. Our bartender knew what he was doing!!!! We had the UDP and made it a point to go see him almost every night! Made us some of the best drinks on and off menu!! A definite hidden gem of a place to get drinks. 

Also.... Wonderland was a very neat experience too! (if you are into new and different things) But if you are the kind of person that gets Chicken tenders and fries, everywhere you go... best not waste your money on the dinner. Otherwise, well worth it and cant wait to go again!  

5 minutes ago, vanelli56 said:

Pro Tip: if you are on an Oasis class ship that also has a Wonderland restaurant (i.e. Harmony OTS) .... they have a Bar above the dining area that you can get drinks from without actually having to go and dine at wonderland. Our bartender knew what he was doing!!!! We had the UDP and made it a point to go see him almost every night! Made us some of the best drinks on and off menu!! A definite hidden gem of a place to get drinks. 

Also.... Wonderland was a very neat experience too! (if you are into new and different things) But if you are the kind of person that gets Chicken tenders and fries, everywhere you go... best not waste your money on the dinner. Otherwise, well worth it and cant wait to go again!  

Totally agree...while dining at Wonderland is fun to do once, I wasn't wild about the food. It was  just too weird for me. The drinks were awesome.

The bar in Wonderland is a lot of fun, and usually quiet.  It is a fun place to enjoy the view and atmosphere without eating the weird food.  

I will say that The World desert is really good.  When we were at the bar one night, we asked if they could serve us desert only for a price.  The bartender called the manager who agreed and said it would cost $10.  We were full that night but told them we would we come another night.

We were sailing Sky class and ate all dinners in Coastal Kitchen.  We did not like the deserts in CK one night and told the waiter that we were going to take advantage of the desert offer at Wonderland.  The restaurant manager came to our table and arranged for us to have free desert in Wonderland.  He said he could have it brought up but thought we would have more fun going down there to sample the atmosphere.  He was right!  It was great fun, and we would have gladly paid $10 each, but there turned out to be no charge thanks to the CK manager.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:30 PM, Atlantix2000 said:

Yes,... thank you... this is exactly what I meant....

On 10/23/2020 at 2:42 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Oh yes, you can most definitely do that too! Two of my favourite drinks are the Bellini from Jamie’s and the Lavender Tonic from Chops. I have gotten both of those drinks from the Trellis bar without dining at the restaurant. While cruising on Oasis class, I get a lavender tonic almost every night. The only one I am not sure about is the Garden martini (aka Cucumber martini) from 150CP because they make that one table side.

The Cucumber Martini was the drink I wanted to try the most lol..... Is there a specialty restaurant cocktail list floating out there somewhere I could screenshot to take with me for reference? 

1 hour ago, beccaball said:

What Specialty Drinks are each restaurant known for?

For reference I will be sailing on Oasis specifically.....

Other than the Cucumber Martini from 150CP, I think the rest just come down to personal preference.  I have my personal favourites, but I am not sure if there is a specific beverage that the other restaurants are known for.  I have heard good things about the Spiked Palmer as well at the new Portside BBQ on Oasis. 

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Other than the Cucumber Martini from 150CP, I think the rest just come down to personal preference.  I have my personal favourites, but I am not sure if there is a specific beverage that the other restaurants are known for.  I have heard good things about the Spiked Palmer as well at the new Portside BBQ on Oasis. 

The Spiked Palmer is another drink on my list.... do I have to order food at Portside? Or can I go thru the line and use my Drink Package to get the Spiked Palmer? 

10 minutes ago, beccaball said:

The Spiked Palmer is another drink on my list.... do I have to order food at Portside? Or can I go thru the line and use my Drink Package to get the Spiked Palmer? 

From what I have heard, you can just walk up and order the drink. Portside is a casual, walk up and order setting. 

1 hour ago, beccaball said:

Do you know if you can do this at Izumi?

Oh, about Izumi, the drink that I absolutely love there, and @JLMoran does too, is “She’s a geisha”.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but it think they have a sit down bar area there. Not sure if you need to pay to get in though. ?

23 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but it think they have a sit down bar area there. Not sure if you need to pay to get in though.

They don't really have a traditional bar in Izumi but you can go to the sushi side and sit at a table and order a drink.  Sushi side is ala carte anyways so there isn't a cover charge there.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

They don't really have a traditional bar in Izumi but you can go to the sushi side and sit at a table and order a drink.  Sushi side is ala carte anyways so there isn't a cover charge there.

Awesome! This is good to know......

I've never eaten at the specialty restaurants (I want too, maybe on my next next cruise lol), so I don't know how they all work or what they really are known for. BUT if I have the drink package,....I would like to at least try their drinks if capable..... there are only sooo many sugary drinks you can handle - I like to expand my palate a little...

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions with your experiences.... this is great....

4 hours ago, beccaball said:

Awesome! This is good to know......

I've never eaten at the specialty restaurants (I want too, maybe on my next next cruise lol), so I don't know how they all work or what they really are known for. BUT if I have the drink package,....I would like to at least try their drinks if capable..... there are only sooo many sugary drinks you can handle - I like to expand my palate a little...

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions with your experiences.... this is great....

We walked into Izumi on Serenade many times just to order a drink and they never had a problem with it.  We did have the drink package, and my husband had done the sushi class early in the sailing; they remembered him and me (I came at the end to watch him eat and ordered a drink while observing) so that could be part of it as well.